[MOD 0.13] SpaceBook - a multiplayer / PvP / RP manager

Topics and discussion about specific mods
orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] SpaceBook - a multiplayer / PvP / RP manager

Post by orzelek »

binbinhfr wrote:Hi, I had a look to RSO source and it appears that it does not provide any external interface for local zone control by another mod. It just provides an interface to regenerate the whole map. You should ask orzelek for such a "per-zone" interface, and then I'll integrate a button in SB to generate a zone at a force location.
Take a look at version 2.2.1(for 0.14) and the docs on page - there is an explanation there.
Version for 0.13.x doesn't have this functionality for now.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Ok, I find the doc. I'll give it a try.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

DXWarlock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DXWarlock »

binbinhfr wrote: So here it is, please update SpaceBook (uninstall AutoPvp), craft the free SpaceBook tool, and if you are admin and activate cheat mode, you can now draw resources on the map, wipe resources or trees, kill a zone of aliens, etc... ;-)

It is a simple implementation, but it should do the basics of what you need.

Tell me if it works for you.

Note that if you want to draw wide areas, you can use my Zoom mod to "unzoom wide".
Oh wow, thank you sir :)
Didnt expect you to add something this far outside the scope of the mod. I will give it a try. perhaps this will help me get away from needing autoPvP just for its start up resource generation.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

DXWarlock wrote:Oh wow, thank you sir :)
you're welcome ! ;-) It is not so far out of the scope : afterall, it participates into preparing a multiplayer game.

So, in addition to my new "integrated resources drawing tools", for RSO users, I integrated a special RSO button (RSO 2.2.1 is needed) into force menu.
It uses force spawning point as origin, so do not forget to set the spawning point before RSO generation.

@orzelek :
in your doc viewtopic.php?f=79&t=12709
you are writing
1. Prepare all players/forces (RSO doesn't handle player setup)
maybe you could add
1. Prepare all players/forces (RSO doesn't handle player setup, but you can use a mod like SpaceBook to manage this)
:-)

Zelenka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zelenka »

Fantastic, thank you for your efforts binbinhfr! Great mod :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Added mention to RSO usage instructions :)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

orzelek wrote:Added mention to RSO usage instructions :)
thx guy !

Zelenka
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zelenka »

Hello again!
Quick question. Where might I find the resource clearing tool that's been mentioned? I'd like to use the Spacebook tool to erase a small test area of resources I created with your new RSO button (thanks again!) but I can't seem to find it. The RSO clear function is a little too powerful for the current games progress (It erases everything haha).

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Zelenka wrote:Hello again!
Quick question. Where might I find the resource clearing tool that's been mentioned? I'd like to use the Spacebook tool to erase a small test area of resources I created with your new RSO button (thanks again!) but I can't seem to find it. The RSO clear function is a little too powerful for the current games progress (It erases everything haha).
You have to craft a SpaceBook tool (look at the crafting menu)
When you hold it in your hand, a menu will appear with options.
Click on the "drawing" option you want :rrrr
then use the tool to select a zone :
you can wipe trees, wipe ressources, wipe aliens or draw ores patch or fluid.
you must be spacebook-admin to do this, and activate the "cheat on" option in spacebook.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Can you add landscaping to that drawing tool too?
change terrains, add/remove water
Would be handy to make balanced MP maps or fix ugly .12 to .13 seams ;)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Optera wrote:Can you add landscaping to that drawing tool too?
For preparing the map, do not forget that Factorio provides a map editor in main menu :
you can draw landscape, add resources, tress, anything. So I will not duplicate this tool... :-)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

binbinhfr wrote:
Optera wrote:Can you add landscaping to that drawing tool too?
For preparing the map, do not forget that Factorio provides a map editor in main menu :
you can draw landscape, add resources, tress, anything. So I will not duplicate this tool... :-)
That tool only edits and saves scenarios.
Apart from having to command line convert existing maps, is there a difference when hosting a scenario instead of a save?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

When I use it, I do
- map editor / new map.
- i edit the map as I want.
- save scenario
- then play/custom scenario
- i save the game
- I use this save to initialize a MP game.

that is how I created the sample map you find in SpaceBook intro here : viewtopic.php?f=92&t=25680

SilverSix311
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SilverSix311 »

I have been having an issues with Spacebook not allowing me to open the Tech Research page and basically unable to do any tech tree research all together. I tried with a brand new install and no mods, and the issue seemed till still be happening. Just wanted to make yall aware of the issue.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

SilverSix311 wrote:I have been having an issues with Spacebook not allowing me to open the Tech Research page and basically unable to do any tech tree research all together. I tried with a brand new install and no mods, and the issue seemed till still be happening. Just wanted to make yall aware of the issue.
Spacebook is a players/forces manager.
When you first connect to a game with SpaceBook, you are joined to force "guests", which is a force with no rights. So you cannot research anything.
Create a new force and join it. Then you can make researches in this force.

waazaa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by waazaa »

Hi @binbinhfr and others.

I have setup an headless server some days ago and i encountered some friendly french players as me. So we built a base, resources/mining, research etc.

Your mod is the first and the only mod i tested in Factorio and i want to thank you for your time on its development. it seems that it can improve our fun playing on our server but i'm not sure that i understand the "merge" aspect, i explain what i need.

So we built (newly game friends and i) a heavy base with laser turrets.
I installed your mod, i created a new force, i added my friends and i in that force ( all 3 admin ).
Now i am face of a problem that our base attack us, i understand that it is a normal aspect and i read all your posts in that topic.
I used the shield button for testing several action trying to add our base in our force. Tested the scanner to set an already build turret own by our force and others attacked it, normal and great but not ideal to set all our base owned by our force.
So i read that the merge aspect is that i need to set but i'm wondering if i merge our force "Natifs" with the "guests" all other future guests will can enter our base.

Am i right ?

PS: je suis français donc, un énorme merci pour ton travail que je découvre.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Merci Waza pour tes compliments ! je continue en anglais pour les autres...

If I understand, you started a base without spacebook installed (so your base should be in the "player" force), and then you installed spacebook and change your own force.
Please verify, but your base should not be in the "guest" force, created by Spacebook, but in the "player" force.

To solve you problem, you can try to merge you new force with the "player" force, but I am not sure sure that it will work... because I am not sure that the "player" force which is a "basic" force can be destroyed... Please try and tell me.

But my other question is : why don't you continue playing in the "player" force ?

Next time, install Spacebook from the beginning ;-)

waazaa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by waazaa »

Thanks for your quick reply.

I agree next time i will install SpaceBook first ;).

Thank you for your advice and now i tell you what's happened.

You understood well my problem and apparently you pointed me on the good way.
I tested the force aspects in my configuration explained so in an already created base with turrets.

If i join the "guests" force:
with friendly flags relationship with "players" force:
- i can approach the original base without been shoot
- i can't use doors
- i can't search science

I guess this is the normal aspects and this is very good.

If i join the "players" force:
i obtain ownership on all apparently, i don't be shoot, i can craft, open chest, search science on the level i had, open door etc

I think that you gave me THE solution for my problem.

For now newest players will join the 'guest' force if i understand well so i don't have to worry about initial problem with new created force, i must use the "player" one.

Do you confirm that a player can join the "player" force only if an admin/owner placed him in that force and the "guest" force is the default for all newest player ?

i ask that because all oldest players was forced joined to the "player" force on first start with SpaceBook.

Edit:
i didn't test destroying "player" force's structure when i was on the "guest" one. i understood that players in "guest" force can't do anything except travelling....

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

> I guess this is the normal aspects and this is very good.

yes it is.

> If i join the "players" force : i obtain ownership on all apparently, i don't be shoot, i can craft, open chest, search science on the level i had, open door etc

Yes it's normal. As a force member, you can do anything in that force, as if you had built all these objects by yourself.

> For now newest players will join the 'guest' force if i understand well so i don't have to worry about initial problem with new created force, i must use the "player" one.

Yes

> Do you confirm that a player can join the "player" force only if an admin/owner placed him in that force and the "guest" force is the default for all newest player ?

yes.

> i ask that because all oldest players was forced joined to the "player" force on first start with SpaceBook.

yes that's normal, they were already in the game before... but next time, install spacebook first. :-)

But you can use Spacebook to have several forces : you can cooperate with your friends to built the same base, OR you can affect them to different forces and have several coexistent bases on the same map. You can make these forces friendly, OR make them ENEMY and then you can fight your friends :-)

waazaa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by waazaa »

Yes agree with installing SpaceBook first the next time.

My basic purpose using SpaceBook is to remove the password-protected aspect on the server hoping some curious players come into it because it is publicly listed without risks of world corruption.
I'll plan to use SpaceBook as the filter entrance on the server and if enough players we'll can play the team aspects with permissions's force aspect.

Great mod and thank you for your answers.

Some of your answers seems very obvious for you if i feel your correct tone but i never used a mod in Factorio nor read the API already, sorry i'm a newbie so.
Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Return to “Mods”