[MOD 0.13.15+] Surfaces 0.0.7

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Vigil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.0+] Surfaces 0.0.6

Post by Vigil »

Simcra wrote:
funnysunnybunny wrote:for some reason Squeak Through starts throwing errors if I use both together
Thanks for the heads up, I will look into it.
I have also discovered this incompatibility. Squeak-Through is first to report the error, declaring that the mod attempts to index a nil value "?" on line 110. Surfaces does not report.

The line of code itself is the line responsible for adjusting hitboxes in Squeak-Through, by the look of it...? I do not understand lua, but I have played with the surfaces mod - my best guess is that something in your mod has a hitbox that shouldn't be resized - say for instance a ladder or a player-blocking tile. [of course, the strong possibility is that i don't know jack and i'm wrong as heck =P ]

Hopefully that's useful in some way? This is a neat mod!
[ Currently not able to service requests. Apologies for the inconvenience. ]

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.0+] Surfaces 0.0.6

Post by Simcra »

Vigil wrote:I have also discovered this incompatibility. Squeak-Through is first to report the error, declaring that the mod attempts to index a nil value "?" on line 110. Surfaces does not report.

The line of code itself is the line responsible for adjusting hitboxes in Squeak-Through, by the look of it...? I do not understand lua, but I have played with the surfaces mod - my best guess is that something in your mod has a hitbox that shouldn't be resized - say for instance a ladder or a player-blocking tile. [of course, the strong possibility is that i don't know jack and i'm wrong as heck =P ]

Hopefully that's useful in some way? This is a neat mod!
Nah, that pretty much sums it up, this is fixed in 0.0.7.

ShinyAfro
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.15+] Surfaces 0.0.7

Post by ShinyAfro »

Hey, with some of the connected entities loaders do not work with them at all, is there any way to fix this?
For example if i build a warehouse, i can use loaders to input but not output from the underground version of it.

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

ShinyAfro wrote:Hey, with some of the connected entities loaders do not work with them at all, is there any way to fix this?
For example if i build a warehouse, i can use loaders to input but not output from the underground version of it.
wierd, I don't know why it's doing this.

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

Hi!
Why are the underground accumulators transfers energy very slow? I have 18 accumulators, but it only can transfer 16 MW
Can i get it faster by editing the mod's files? I cannot find an entry of the accumulator properties in the prototypes\entity\transport\energy-transport.lua file

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

MPeti1 wrote:Why are the underground accumulators transfers energy very slow? I have 18 accumulators, but it only can transfer 16 MW
You can thank the factorio devs for breaking the old electric poles, unfortunately changing the values won't achieve much. In reality, they should be able to transfer 45MW
MPeti1 wrote:Can i get it faster by editing the mod's files?
as above, changing the values won't achieve much, but if you want to try, it's in proto.lua -> _prototypes -> entity -> energy_transport -> standard -> common

MPeti1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MPeti1 »

Simcra wrote:
MPeti1 wrote:Why are the underground accumulators transfers energy very slow? I have 18 accumulators, but it only can transfer 16 MW
You can thank the factorio devs for breaking the old electric poles, unfortunately changing the values won't achieve much. In reality, they should be able to transfer 45MW
MPeti1 wrote:Can i get it faster by editing the mod's files?
as above, changing the values won't achieve much, but if you want to try, it's in proto.lua -> _prototypes -> entity -> energy_transport -> standard -> common
Thanks :D sorry for the late answer, just realized i have a lot of forum replies, because i'm not received any email of these notifications

nucleargen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nucleargen »

Some questions and suggestions:
1. Cavern walls produce too many stone, therefore stone patches becomes not useful. Maybe walls can be to produce nothing on mining?
2. What can it be? http://dl2.joxi.net/drive/2016/09/12/00 ... 9f39a3.png See in area stroked red. On minimap this area is sligthly greener than surrounding area. Normal grass tiles placed by me without any other actions (wall mining/destruction).
3. Is it possible to correctly render resource deposits on minimap under cavern walls? Problem example: http://dl1.joxi.net/drive/2016/09/12/00 ... aba523.png In top-left area of map we can see iron deposit and under this - piece of stone deposit, cropped by chunk border. If see below - we can see single oil patch. Really there are about 8-10 patches.
As well as this, on last screen is is seen green areas from p.2.
4. Maybe increase cavern wall pollution absorbtion?
The brightest future in the center of a nuclear explosion...2003©nucleargen

numerials
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Walls

Post by numerials »

Hey am I missing something or are people mining these walls by hand one at a time? I can understand for early game.... but.. lategame? Tried grenades but they didn't do anything. I don't mind if it costs tons of energy or even resources, I just want the abilitiy to automate mining (as in, mine west until you run out of coal...) or something like that.. Unless like I said, I'm missing some fundamental method people are using (like that pic of the train running through the underground!)

nucleargen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Walls

Post by nucleargen »

numerials wrote:Hey am I missing something or are people mining these walls by hand one at a time? I can understand for early game.... but.. lategame? Tried grenades but they didn't do anything. I don't mind if it costs tons of energy or even resources, I just want the abilitiy to automate mining (as in, mine west until you run out of coal...) or something like that.. Unless like I said, I'm missing some fundamental method people are using (like that pic of the train running through the underground!)
Construction drones. A lot of construction drones.

UPD: F.A.R.L. mod very useful for underground train lines.
The brightest future in the center of a nuclear explosion...2003©nucleargen

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Any word on a 0.14 version?

Erdbeerbaer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Erdbeerbaer »

all of you peoples are waiting for 0.14... it is discontinued (but try clicking here for 0.14 verison)
My english is good but not perfect

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

Erdbeerbaer wrote:all of you peoples are waiting for 0.14... it is discontinued
I'd prefer to hear that from Simcra before I take that as fact.
Erdbeerbaer wrote:(but try clicking here for 0.14 verison)
Tried to use it, it causes an incompatibility issue with Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.6 by Supercheese & Creative mode 0.2.8 by Mooncat.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

tommygunner70 wrote:
Erdbeerbaer wrote:all of you peoples are waiting for 0.14... it is discontinued
I'd prefer to hear that from Simcra before I take that as fact.
Erdbeerbaer wrote:(but try clicking here for 0.14 verison)
Tried to use it, it causes an incompatibility issue with Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.6 by Supercheese & Creative mode 0.2.8 by Mooncat.
please upload a log (in a spoiler)
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

can't get the spoiler to work. so I'll use Pastebin instead;
Log 1: http://pastebin.com/rE0RuUJT

and after disabling Satellite uplink
Log 2: http://pastebin.com/vYgKG45S

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Erdbeerbaer wrote:all of you peoples are waiting for 0.14... it is discontinued (but try clicking here for 0.14 verison)
In Surfaces_remake_0.0.8\script\lib\util.lua on line 16 it clears the util function table, which is built-in from Factorio. Satellite Uplink Station and Creative Mode (and some other mods) use functions from that, most of the time util.table.deepcopy. If util is cleared these mods don't work anymore.

Solution: Add your functions to the util table without clearing it or rename your util lib to something else.
This code should work for line 16:

Code: Select all

if not util then util = {} end
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

daniel34 wrote:
Erdbeerbaer wrote:all of you peoples are waiting for 0.14... it is discontinued (but try clicking here for 0.14 verison)
In Surfaces_remake_0.0.8\script\lib\util.lua on line 16 it clears the util function table, which is built-in from Factorio. Satellite Uplink Station and Creative Mode (and some other mods) use functions from that, most of the time util.table.deepcopy. If util is cleared these mods don't work anymore.

Solution: Add your functions to the util table without clearing it or rename your util lib to something else.
This code should work for line 16:

Code: Select all

if not util then util = {} end
that fixed it. thanks

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

Hi guys, I'm back, my apologies for disappearing for such an incredibly long time. I have plans to continue this mod sometime in the near future, but for now I have added a link to the continuation which is being managed by Erdbeerbaer. My plans (if I ever find time to implement them) are to start from scratch and make this mod a little more manageable, I feel like there are ways I can optimize and improve this so that it works better and doesn't have quite so many desync issues. The main problem with this mod is that it implements features which really weren't intended to be in the game, long ago when I was developing this mod I used power poles to connect surfaces, this was of course patched by the developers and now we have to use accumulators to achieve the same result. Unfortunately, using accumulators is much more performance intensive and makes transporting power between surfaces very difficult in the late game. Many of you will find that you end up having to use intersurface accumulators in your solar farms and the likes just to allow enough energy throughput for surfaces. There were several other minor issues which have prevented me from going forward and one of the biggest hurdles I have had with this is the train system. I have still not found a way to "teleport" trains between surfaces and do not want to do this in a hacky way, if at all possible I would like to use stations which transport trains from a surface to the next surface. And again, my apologies for keeping quiet for such a long time, I have been busy with University and real life. For anyone who reads this message and is wanting to get involved in the development, please contact me via private message and I will respond to you when I find the time.

Sincere Regards,
Simcra

Return to “Mods”