Inserter

Wizartorio: Magic in your Factory

Post by flabort »

• Name: Wizartorio
  • Version: 0.1.0
  • Factorio Version: 0.12.33
  • Licence: MIT, because I don't know how this should work. :P
  • Dependencies: Base
  • Description: Adds magic and resources to the game.
  • Author: Flabort
  • Co-Author Credit: Macros, GotLag, Vas, Afforess, and the rest of the IRC
  • Artist Credit: KubeRoot and Flabort, plus the Factorio Team for the templates to work off of.
Long Description
Adds some special resources, and ways to use them. Currently includes the raw resources, a couple buildings, and two weapons and four ammo types.

Resources
Mana Nodes: provides mana to nearby Mana Condensers, which condense mana to a fluid form. Come in four varieties, which are almost omnipresent but are hard to spot or differentiate.
Adamite: An unnaturally occurring ore that resembles an alloy. It's a difficult material to properly process, just smelting it in a furnace causes it to break down into it's composite ores instead of being melted down. Can be used as an infinite source of ores if you don't intend to process it into Adamite Plates.
Crystals: These glass-like formations resonate slightly at the presence of mana. Essential to the early research of magic.

Buildings
Mana Condenser: Pulls mana from nearby nodes and condenses it to fluid form. Can pull mana from multiple varieties of node, but this can result in gummed up pipes! A good wizard finds an area where only one element is present to place their condensers.
Infuser: Takes objects and infuses them with mana.

Weapons, Ammo, and Armor
Crystal Wand: Your first wand. Comparable to the Pistol in damage output.
Adamite Wand: Another wand. Comparable to the Submachine gun.

Energy Infused Crystals: Come in four varieties, one for each element. Used to supply wands (and some other things) with portable mana.

Adamite Armor: More resistant to psychic energies than other armors.

Download
wizartorio_0.1.2.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 176 times
Still to come
  • Further refining Adamite to Adamantium.
  • Wood encased wands.
  • Staves (slower but more powerful wands)
  • Magic Enemies
  • Ritual Altar: When provided with mana and a recipe, creates effects nearby, such as regrowing trees.
  • Electricity generation using mana.
  • Something unique for each mana type? (Fire: Fuel source, Water: magic transport belt?, Earth: ??, Air: Magic Carpet)
  • Non-placeholder art for most of the things.
  • Comment with your Suggestions!
Known Problems
  • Mana Condenser with multiple mana sources doesn't allow for choosing of mana type being outputted from each output pipe; outputs any available mana type to any available pipe.
  • Pipe images don't necessarily line up with buildings.
Changelog
Screenshots
Big Image, Using Adamite for Ores
Big Image, Using Mana
Smaller images, Wands and Ammo
Big Image, Teleport Gates
Old Versions
Last edited by flabort on Thu May 26, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Wizartorio: Magic in your Factory

Post by Pandemoneus »

Looks really interesting! Do you have some pictures of the features your mod adds? :)

[edit]
Nvm, you just edited them in.
Last edited by Pandemoneus on Wed May 18, 2016 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

flabort
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flabort »

I was just about to tell you I just edited them in, but you edited in you noticing that. ;)

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

This is a really interesting idea actually. would love to see where this goes.

kyranzor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kyranzor »

This plus a clockwork/steampunk-torio mod would be epic

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lurkily »

I don't know if I like the mixing of concepts, but I would like to see a complete, total conversion to a magical based factory - some type of magical conduit instead of belts, trains being made into a more magical variant, (Self-driving carriages? Blasphemy.) artifice for what can;t easily be magicked. (Steam power is too widely understood to just say, okay, it's magic now,) replace. Grabbers could teleport, with some traces to show source and destination, you could capture some spirit whatever to act as your logistics bots . . . it would be largely cosmetic, but it would fit your scheme of magical resources nicely.

flabort
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flabort »

It's possible once I complete this mod, I will make a deal with someone to make a texture pack or addon for that sort of overhaul; but this mod's objectives aren't so grand as to be total replacement.

Progress update, I was working on enemies but due to a crash with no error message and no clear source, progress on that front is halted. For now I have commented out the enemy code, BUT it will be included in future releases for those curious about what I have so far.

Right now there's a lack of use for Adamite once you get it made, so I plan on making something to use that.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Lurkily wrote:I don't know if I like the mixing of concepts, but I would like to see a complete, total conversion to a magical based factory - some type of magical conduit instead of belts, trains being made into a more magical variant, (Self-driving carriages? Blasphemy.) artifice for what can;t easily be magicked. (Steam power is too widely understood to just say, okay, it's magic now,) replace. Grabbers could teleport, with some traces to show source and destination, you could capture some spirit whatever to act as your logistics bots . . . it would be largely cosmetic, but it would fit your scheme of magical resources nicely.
Little pixes flying everywhere :)

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

flabort
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flabort »

I've uploaded a small update. This adds teleporter gates (long-ranged belt-to-ground), and not much else.

You can also find the enemies.lua file, but it has been commented out of data.lua, so is non-functional. Adding them back in as is causes a crash to the game with no error message, you can try installing it yourself and trying to find the cause if you wish, or you can ignore it and play around with the parts that work. :P

flabort
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flabort »

Preview of an upcoming feature:
Click to open spoiler
Though it's a little buggy right now and doesn't line up with the map when oriented east-to-west; only north-to-south (or south-to-north) works at the moment.

Return to “Mods”