[MOD 0.13] Drones - remote control your factory

Topics and discussion about specific mods
binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Drones 1.0.5

Post by binbinhfr »

Do you find the distance display and warnings convenient to use ?
As you are my main tester, do not hesitate to come back and give me impressions or bug return !
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

binbinhfr wrote:Do you find the distance display and warnings convenient to use ?
As you are my main tester, do not hesitate to come back and give me impressions or bug return !
Yes, everything is clear, everything is perfect. Just a pleasure. :D Will let you know if meet with bugs.

Upd: if you remove the drone by pressing "X" button then you will get only the drone but all the things from the drone toolbar, inventory and tools slot will disappear. Maybe it's not a bug but feature, so that you know. ;)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Sedar wrote:
binbinhfr wrote: Upd: if you remove the drone by pressing "X" button then you will get only the drone but all the things from the drone toolbar, inventory and tools slot will disappear. Maybe it's not a bug but feature, so that you know. ;)
You're right, I did not think about that. You are a good tester :lol:
Will correct if ASAP.

EDIT : corrected in 1.0.6

sithe124
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Drones 1.0.7

Post by sithe124 »

Error while running the event handler: __Drones__/control.lua:277: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid. Just loaded up my save and got this i think i saved while controlling the maintenice drone. .-. i dont have any extra saves XD is there a way i can fix this or will i have to revert to an old save?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

sithe124 wrote:Error while running the event handler: __Drones__/control.lua:277: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid. Just loaded up my save and got this i think i saved while controlling the maintenice drone. .-. i dont have any extra saves XD is there a way i can fix this or will i have to revert to an old save?
I'll have a look at this right now.

EDIT :
I tried saving under maintenance drone : no problem on my side.
Don't you remember doing something else ? changing a mod between the save/load ?
uninstalling drones and reinstalling it ?

Is it possible that you upload your map somewhere for me to test it ?
and give me a list of your other mods to detect conflicts.

EDIT2 :
please try to load your "bad game" with this new version.
Drones_1.0.8.zip
(214.97 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
If you have problem finding your character / going back in your body, you can recover it by typing :
/c remote.call( "drones", "lost" )
in the console, when playing solo mode (not multiplayer)

please tell me if it works.

sithe124
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sithe124 »

I have loaded up the Drones 1.0.8 in my old world and it is still giving me the same error I was messing around with a load of mods so i can uplaod the map if you want ill also upload the mods in a winrar folder with it but im not sure itll work

sithe124
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sithe124 »

So here are the mods https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9UfU ... sp=sharing i have the modular crafting and the suit lug mods disabled (they crash the game) so taht is including the drones 1.0.8 that u uploaded when the world was made i was using 1.0.7 between the save/load of that worl i introduced only 3 new mods That is the darkstar solar panel mod the fast pump and the electric void mod Here is my save file https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw9Uf ... W5rb2ZzWjg

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

sithe124 wrote:So here are the mods https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9UfU ... sp=sharing i have the modular crafting and the suit lug mods disabled (they crash the game) so taht is including the drones 1.0.8 that u uploaded when the world was made i was using 1.0.7 between the save/load of that worl i introduced only 3 new mods That is the darkstar solar panel mod the fast pump and the electric void mod Here is my save file https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw9Uf ... W5rb2ZzWjg
first thing :
you should disable those 3 news mods, and try to reload the map with the exact same mod configuration when you saved it.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

good news: I can retrieve your map.

I will send you a fix.
your map data is corrupted and some entities are invalid and I don't know why.
I suppose that one of your other mods modified my drones... But which one ? Mysterious.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Here is the fix that will help solve your data corrupted problem :
update the mod :
Drones_1.0.8.zip
(215.02 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Then load your map.
We will delete this faulty maintenance drone.
Transfer its invenotry in the storage to your right, not to lose the content of your drone...
Then click "body" to go back into body.
Then click X to delete the corrupted drone from the list (it's still floating on the map forever...)
Save the map.
It should be ok now.

Plz tell me if it worked.

EDIT : if you want to really delete the faulty drone, you have to
- uninstall the mod,
- load the map (every drones are then deleted)
- save the map
- reinstall mod
- load map
-research again, recreate drones and antennas
(you can type /c remote.call( "drones", "freedrones" ) to get free stuff )

I will try to understand why data was corrupted, but not easy.

sithe124
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Drones

Post by sithe124 »

Thank you for the fix man :D

sithe124
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sithe124 »

SO i hvae figured out why the drones glitch After spending a long time in the drone it stops showing its distance from an antenna and can fly foreever without getting low link reports and things like that and upon goin into another drone or going back to body you cannot switch back to the glitched drone. Hopefully you can figure this out binbinhfr I cant wait to be able to stay in the drone and switch back to my body without having to make another mantinice drone

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

sithe124 wrote:SO i hvae figured out why the drones glitch After spending a long time in the drone it stops showing its distance from an antenna and can fly foreever without getting low link reports and things like that and upon goin into another drone or going back to body you cannot switch back to the glitched drone. Hopefully you can figure this out binbinhfr I cant wait to be able to stay in the drone and switch back to my body without having to make another mantinice drone
When it stops showing the distance, did you disconnect in between ? Or is it in the same game session ?

Is it possible that the antenna was destroyed ? or lost electricity ? or your main body died ? Did you try deleteing a drone just before ? ANything special you remembered ? Any special message in the console text ? Don't you uninstall/reinstall the mod ? (because the mod could lose its internal data)

It's strange because I play with this mod a lot and never meet this problem. I suppose it's coming from a bad interaction with one of your other mod that should play with character exchange (maybe avatar ? teleporter ?). It seems that an external mod makes your current drone entity invalid and I don't know why (as if it was destroying my drone, and recreating it). When the entity is invalid, my mod lost the drone reference, cannot retrieve it and do not compute any distance anymore...

Does anyone else have problem with this mod ?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.X] Drones - remote control your factory

Post by binbinhfr »

0.13 update

Dubstep_Ninja_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12+] Drones - remote control your factory

Post by Dubstep_Ninja_ »

Is it really possible to monitor your whole factory with your iphone? And if so how?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Dubstep_Ninja_ wrote:Is it really possible to monitor your whole factory with your iphone? And if so how?
Of course !!!

Well.... At least, your character ingame can. My mod provides him with a smartphone.

But it is not possible on your smarphone in real life, if it is what you thought ;)
Unless factorio devs implement this on Android.

Dubstep_Ninja_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dubstep_Ninja_ »

Dang. I was really hoping that was possible XD. I will still check out the mod though. Thanks for the info!

Eogen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eogen »

First off, love the mod.

I do think its a bit overpowered, especially where having a drone be able to carry and place mining equipment. It makes it so that you are basically able to play as the maintenance drone, instead of you. I am not sure where the fix is, since I don't think that "weight" is a property. Perhaps drastically limiting inventory space? There needs to be something.

I also think that the power requirement for an antenna is steep. I like the restriction of having to wire and place an antenna everywhere a drone would need to fly, but 500Kw is a HUGE power draw, and when you need to lay antennas every 100 m, it adds up quickly. My drone power budget is 80% of my power draw, more than roboports and more than automated miners. That seems off.

I would think that the power requirements for antenna would be small, and there should be a power cost per active drone.

Also, have you considered a power transmission pole that is also a base station? I can easily see it as a mod to the large metal power pole.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi Eogen,

maybe you are right about the antenna power. I made it 150kW. (please update the mod)
You know that you can modify this value in the config.lua file. But this file is to be edited each time you update the mod.

The power cost per drone will be too CPU consuming to compute. To be realistic, it should increase the power of the antennas closest to a drone. A lot of realtime calculation. And moreover, I don't know how to vary the power of an object in realtime. It is fixed in the data file.

For the OP feeling, I'm sorry, but that's what I need, I don't want to limit the inventory space, I want to jump anywhere in my factory. :-)
But I added a drone_maintenance_inventory_size variable in the config.lua that you can set to 30 if you want. I cannot decrease now it, it would break the game of people using the mod, losing objects already in their drone inventories...

For the pole, it will be a big work too, with the necessity to create group with hidden entities because a electric pole does not consume electricity. Anyway, I don't think that one antenna per 100x100 square meter is a room/placement problem that needs absolutely to mix the antenna with another object.

Hope I answer some of you needs. Thanks for your return and have fun.

Eogen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eogen »

binbinhfr --

Thank you for the quick response. I had found where you set the variable in the droneantenna.lua file, and had statically set it there, because I had not been able to find which file drone_antenna_energy was defined in. (Sorry, only been at factorio for a week or two now, so its all new to me.)

I really do like the mod -- its habit forming to be able to hop around over terrain, and not be blocked by pipes, etc. I just find it a little "theme breaking" to have what appears to be a mini-quad-copter carting around tons of factory equipment.

I have a couple of other thoughts, which you can take, or leave. One is that the flying drone should not be moved by a conveyor belt (which is probably hard to do...) and that the maintenance drone should probably be targetable by the spitters. (If its low enough to be repairing the laser turrets, it should be able to be hit by the things shooting the laser turrets.)

Finally, I had it happen once that I was not where I thought I was, and flew outside a drone antenna range, so after that was unable to find the drone's location. I had to go to around building antennas until I happened to put one in the right place. Is there a method to determine location of a wayward drone? Or perhaps a way to have the drone refuse the order to fly completely out of range, rather than fly out of range, then stop?

Again, thanks for the mod, and the response.

Return to “Mods”