Topics and discussion about specific mods
JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.12.29] Toy Box 0.2.1

Post by JasonC »

Type: Mod
Name: Toy Box
Description: A convenient GUI for giving yourself items during sandbox play. Also adds normal and logistics-enabled trash bin and infinite item chest.
License: MIT
Version: 0.2.1
Release: 2016-04-22
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.29
Category: Helper
Tags: Items
Download-Url: https://github.com/JC3/ToyBox/releases/ ... _0.2.1.zip
License
Long description
Issues and Todos
Version history
Last edited by JasonC on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29] Toy Box 0.1.0

Post by sporefreak »

It's like Too many items from Minecraft for Factorio! There should be day/night time controls as well as evolution controls so we can build something and test if vs high evolution creeps. This looks great!

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

sporefreak wrote:It's like Too many items from Minecraft for Factorio! There should be day/night time controls as well as evolution controls so we can build something and test if vs high evolution creeps. This looks great!
Heh. There's a day/night control mod at viewtopic.php?f=92&t=22822 for time control.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

JasonC wrote:
sporefreak wrote:It's like Too many items from Minecraft for Factorio! There should be day/night time controls as well as evolution controls so we can build something and test if vs high evolution creeps. This looks great!
Heh. There's a day/night control mod at viewtopic.php?f=92&t=22822 for time control.
Yeah but 1 is better than 2

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29] Toy Box 0.1.1

Post by JasonC »

Version 0.1.1 released:

- Cleaned up GUI: Fixed image scaling, borders around buttons, although I will miss the minecraft theme (if you want you can set USE_CHECKBOXES to false in config.lua).
- Window now automatically closes when you start walking. This seemed convenient to me. However it makes it unusable on trains or if you're moving around. I suppose I could make it not auto-close if you are driving something. I may add an option dialog with an option for this in the future.

Also: Sorry, if you downloaded this in the last 5 minutes, a bug crept in at the last minute that kept it from working entirely. Fixed.

SmartGuy202
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SmartGuy202 »

Love this so far. One trouble I've noted. I am a heavy modder, so I have so many items that are populating the list, they aren't or can't be displayed. If there is a way to scroll through, I'm missing it.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

SmartGuy202 wrote:Love this so far. One trouble I've noted. I am a heavy modder, so I have so many items that are populating the list, they aren't or can't be displayed. If there is a way to scroll through, I'm missing it.
Any item that has the "goes-to-quickbar" or "goes-to-main-inventory" flag, and also appears in game.item_prototypes, should be in the list, including ones that mods add (e.g. the description screenshot has the Terraforming mod items in it and a couple custom inserters). Can you give me a link to one of the mods that adds items that aren't being displayed there?

Edit: Or are you saying, there's too many items? In the next update there will be category buttons that ease the pain a bit, and also the number of columns in the table will be configurable so you could make it wider to accommodate. Also at some point, maybe in the update after next if not the next, I might add some kind of scrolling/paging.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29] Toy Box 0.2.0

Post by JasonC »

Version 0.2.0 (2016-Apr-22):
- Settings dialog.
- Categorized and grouped items (option for enabling this).
- Option to disable auto window close.
- Option to disable auto window close only when driving a vehicle.
- Option to set number of columns in main window.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

y.petremann wrote:You should also use group icons for tabs
I will add it as an option; I'm partial to the text myself. It will be in the update after the next one, but here is a rough draft:

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29] Toy Box 0.2.1

Post by JasonC »

Update 0.2.1:
  • New chests.
  • Moved default settings values to config.lua.
  • Reduced player position poll interval and added to config.lua.
  • Added styles for graphical category buttons (coming soon).
This adds four new entities:
  • Dumpster - A chest that discards everything you put in it. The graphic is an actual photo of a dumpster -- I KNOW, RIGHT?
  • Bottomless Chest - A chest that provides an infinite number of a specific item.
  • Logistics Dumpster - A requester chest that discards everything delivered to it.
  • Logistics Bottomless Chest - A passive provider chest that provides an infinite number of a specific item.
To use the dumpsters simply put items in them. To use the bottomless chests, build one then put an item in it. The chest will now always be full of that item. If you want to change the item you'll have to destroy and re-build the chest. The logistics chests are unlocked with the other logistics chests.
Last edited by JasonC on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

JasonC wrote:
y.petremann wrote:You should also use group icons for tabs
I will add it as an option; I'm partial to the text myself. It will be in the update after the next one, but here is a rough draft:

There is a style for tabs in core gui style, you should look at them, coying them for checkbox, and it would add impression of integration to the game

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Example error message
Very nice mod, except it breaks when you uninstall many other mods that adds items to the game. It makes it impossible to uninstall almost any other mod without also uninstalling toybox.
Attached a save file that give that error message (though for another missing item) after a few seconds of loading the savefile. No other mods required.

But the special chests are really good and the interface for spawning items is much quicker to use than Test Mode mod. I use both, but I don't use TM for item spawning or for test factory setups because TB does it so much better. So thanks for this mod, at least when it doesn't corrupt your save q: (should be fixable by disbling toybox, saving and then enabling toybox again though. You will lose your toybox chests then it that case but your save at least wont break permenently)
Attachments
ToyBox0.2.1Error.zip
(41.56 MiB) Downloaded 121 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Nice mod, but I do not get the same graphics as you have :
why are the buttons so small ?
Note : I tested without any other mod, but the problem remains...
I tested windowed of full screen : same pb.
toybox-pb1.jpg
toybox-pb1.jpg (104.46 KiB) Viewed 7159 times
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

binbinhfr wrote:Nice mod, but I do not get the same graphics as you have :
why are the buttons so small ?
Same for me. I think it looked like the screenshots at first but later the buttons got all strange like that and has stayed that since then.

Otterbear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Otterbear »

Love this mod idea, although I haven't had a chance to use it yet. *Still learning to play vanilla mainly.

For those with the smaller icon sizes; You might want to change the GUI interface size under options. I hope that helps.

Return to “Mods”