[MOD 0.13] Mining Tools - resources generation

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Jiryx
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12+] Mining Tools - resources generation and speed

Post by Jiryx »

Hello, I like this mod very much. Mostly the drills and dynamites. :-) It is great idea and good work.

I decided to upgrade it a little. ;-) (For my personal use of course)

So I added Sulfur dynamite. Then I felt it would be better to have all items in one table, so I moved them.

Then it was still not enough, so I added 3 techs to research 3 new set of stronger (and more expensive) dynamites. I now it is really overpowered, but so is the original mod, so this is just for fun. :-)

Sometimes modifying mods makes more fun than playing them. ;-)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi Jiryx,

nice work ! :-)
Sulfur ore is maybe a bit strange, because you are supposed to craft it, but why not... ;-)
If you want, I can integrate your changes into the mod. If it is based on tiers, people have still the choice to get the OP levels or not.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Jiryx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jiryx »

binbinhfr wrote:Hi Jiryx,

nice work ! :-)
Sulfur ore is maybe a bit strange, because you are supposed to craft it, but why not... ;-)
If you want, I can integrate your changes into the mod. If it is based on tiers, people have still the choice to get the OP levels or not.
That would be nice. I am on vacation from today to next sunday, so I will send it to you after my return. Would be great to contribute. :-)
Sometimes modifying mods makes more fun than playing them. ;-)

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

Hey I also really like this mod.
Looking at Jyrix picture I wonder why on my game the things aren't sorted under your tab

also would anyone mind explaining to me how I add new ore types (like those from angel's refining)
is there anything hidden in the control.lua or is everything to be found under /prototypes ?

specifically for angels and others infinite ressources with RSO (weird things like stratite, bobmonium, rubyte)

So I added them into the control as well as the dynamite
like so
-- edit removed spoilers because messy --

edit
so perhaps I fixed it by adding graphics, removing the infinite versions (since they seem to be handled differently by angelsrefining) and i dunno, let's see
Last edited by funnysunnybunny on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

please give me the precise list of mods you want me to add ores from, and I'll do it.
It's a little bit more complex, because you'll have to create icon as well. But I'll do it and publish it so that anyone can use the additions. ;)
I'll also add a separate tab (I didn't need it myself becasue I only play withvanilla ores, so it is not a lot of new items, but when you have a lot of ores, I understand that it's much more practical.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Hey thanks for the quick reply Binbin

okay, so I managed to add it
the mod in question is angelsinfiniteore

I was unable to create any icons because I don't know how to use gimp and even pictures that windows show with transparent background will be plain black and intransparent and i even failed at moving the resized icon symbol to the upper right of the dynamite standard picture, so that'd be really great if you could do that =)

anyway the changes I made that made them work thanks to your code that just needs a few lines defined! were as follows

http://pastebin.com/umNz9tdR

I had to remove all instances of infinite-angels-oreX
they seem to be handled differently by angelsore and since the resulting spawn will be infinite anyway (down to 10% yield) it doesn't matter
I also suspect it would work perfectly if the infinite option is toggled off since that's how it usually works

really great mod

i'm at 50% evo with a few tweaking mods for biters and I'm confined to a turtle base not by choice but by the horrible confusion and complexity that is bobs mod and a few others when confronted with angels refining as well as my lack of understanding (if i knew i could just have build everything far apart enough and serialized the new refining tiers with ease instead of rebuilding every time and being extremely cramped stuff would probably have been very different!^ ^)

anyway I've run out of ressources, or well only iron and it has crippled my ability to be in an arms race with the aliums, all I have needs to go into ammunition and turrets :(

- edit -
why in the picture aboe is your stuff in it's own tab and on my end it isn't? does that have something to do with core/library files of other mods i'm using?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Nice addition for Turtles and Megabases.
Could you add a dynamite creating ponds (or if used in mass whole lakes). I really would like a quick and easy way to smooth the ugly transitions between .12 chunks and .13 chunks by dropping a few tons of TNT to create nice lakes :D
I know there are mods doing that, but they ain't quite up to the task.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

funny : i will add your new ore modifications in the next days. I just need the precise name of the mod, to add it to the dependencies. Is it angelsinfiniteores_0.3.1 or angelsrefining that we are speaking about ? I tried to install it, but did not got the ores, nor the dynamites. Is there other dependencies on this mod ?

for the tab, you probably saw the modification proposed by jirix a few post above. My mod does not create its own tab for tha moment, but I'll add it too.

optera : for large ponds, did you try the water-injector-machine that is included with the mod ? that's what it makes. And the animation is quite funny with big explosions everywhere. I could make one big dynamite, but it feels a little OP, no ?
Or maybe I did not understand, and you need lake of water ? If you need water, you can have a look at my WaterWellmod. It creates a pump that extracts water from the underground.

achman741
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by achman741 »

So do you plan on adding teired techs like Jiryx added to to his version, or did he not get back to you yet?

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

binbinhfr wrote:funny : i will add your new ore modifications in the next days. I just need the precise name of the mod, to add it to the dependencies. Is it angelsinfiniteores_0.3.1 or angelsrefining that we are speaking about ? I tried to install it, but did not got the ores, nor the dynamites. Is there other dependencies on this mod ?

for the tab, you probably saw the modification proposed by jirix a few post above. My mod does not create its own tab for tha moment, but I'll add it too.

optera : for large ponds, did you try the water-injector-machine that is included with the mod ? that's what it makes. And the animation is quite funny with big explosions everywhere. I could make one big dynamite, but it feels a little OP, no ?
Or maybe I did not understand, and you need lake of water ? If you need water, you can have a look at my WaterWellmod. It creates a pump that extracts water from the underground.
Oh sorry that I forgot that
it's angelsinfiniteores_0.3.1 and thanks a lot for going to add that tab! :>
{
"name":"MiningTools",
"author":"BinbinHfr",
"version":"1.0.18",
"title":"Mining Tools",
"description":"Tools to speed up your mining (pneumatic drills & fast mining drills), provide new resources (with dynamite or massive water injection) and even erase resources (with dynamite).",
"homepage":"viewtopic.php?f=93&t=23849",
"factorio_version":"0.13",
"dependencies": ["base >= 0.13.0","? dark-matter-replicators >= 0.5.0","? Nucular >= 0.2.0","? Thorium Mod >= 0.1.0","? reactor >= 0.0.27", "? Crafted Artifacts >= 1.2.3", "? 5dim_ores >= 3.0.0", "? bobores >= 0.12.7", "? angelsinfiniteores >= 0.3.1" ]
I don't think I changed anything else and have been using it happily ever since.

also i dunno if it interests anyone but there is windows grep and it helps me a lot, just pointed it to a folder where I extracted all mods as well as base and core from factorio if I ever need to find a string quickly for whatever reason (mostly spawning stuff in at beginning of a round)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

binbinhfr wrote:for large ponds, did you try the water-injector-machine that is included with the mod ? that's what it makes. And the animation is quite funny with big explosions everywhere. I could make one big dynamite, but it feels a little OP, no ?
Water Injector creates ore patches not ponds.
I'd like a way to landscape quick and cheap to hide ugly seams between .12 and .13 generation. Having water holes feeding vanilla pumps would be an afterthought.
Attachments
2016-07-16-07-18-49-8768090.jpg
2016-07-16-07-18-49-8768090.jpg (520.82 KiB) Viewed 6548 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

@achman : yes I'll add some tiers, but jyrix does not return yet, he must be in vacation. But I can do it myself ;-)
I'll work on that today.

@funnys: By the way, i understood now that angleore modify existing ores by creating new prototype with "infinite-" prefix. So if we want dynamite for infinite version, I suppose that we'll have to add all these infinite-ores, because otherwise, the dynamites will only pop non-infinite versions... And it also add 6 ores you mentioned earlier. But I still cannot manage to make these 6 ores in the game. I must miss a mandatory mod or something. They do not even appear in the map generation menu...

@Optera : yes sorry, I'm french and I did not understand "ponds". But this mod is not about water or landfill. It's a separate subject. There is my waterwell pump to get water anywhere.
Then there is the landfillmod to create earth or water by explosion. Maybe you can ask the author rseding for changes if it does not suit your needs ?
Last edited by binbinhfr on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

binbinhfr wrote:achman : yes I'll add some tiers, but jyrix does not return yet, he must be in vacation. But I can do it myself ;-)
I'll work on that today.

angel : By the way, i understood now that angleore modify existing ores by creating new prototype with "infinite-" prefix. So if we want dynamite for infinite version, I suppose that we'll have to add all these infinite-ores, because otherwise, the dynamites will only pop non-infinite versions... And it also add 6 ores you mentioned earlier. But I still cannot manage to make these 6 ores in the game. I must miss a mandatory mod or something. They do not even appear in the map generation menu...
Optera wrote:Water Injector creates ore patches not ponds.
I'd like a way to landscape quick and cheap to hide ugly seams between .12 and .13 generation. Having water holes feeding vanilla pumps would be an afterthought.
yes sorry, I'm french and I did not understand "ponds". But this mod is not about water or landfill. It's a separate subject. There is my waterwell pump to get water anywhere.
Then there is the landfillmod to create earth or water by explosion. Maybe you can ask the author rseding for changes if it does not suit your needs ?

That might be true, tho so far I haven't been able to have the mod include the infinite versions, it feels like they're created on the fly and don't count as proper entities but modifications to existing ones (because why else would he throw errors referring to non existing ore?)

there are several configs to run angelsinfiniteores (it also depends on the config of other files like bobs and rso? i don't know but I think those two)
if all ore is set to infinite all ore spawned by your mod will be infinite as well, even increasing the yield works perfectly (since factorio translates ressource numbers to yield, 10k for oil is 666% one dynamite adds about ~100-120% yield on a single ore spot

there is a config file in angelsinfiniteores which removes ores from the mapgenerator, in one setting especially if in use with RSO

angelsinfiniteores replaces most ores with their respective version so you have to sort/refine them further to get iron ore and co, so iron ore will be saphirite i think while copper ore will be stiritite (tho both give copper and iron, as well as a lot of other stuff)

-- edit --
Ok so I realize by using bobmods.config.InfiniteOre = true
from bobconfig I'm not using angels respective infinite ores (which are infinite ore surrounded by finite ore, instead everything is infinite, I think in both cases minimum yield is 10%)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12+] Mining Tools - resources generation

Post by binbinhfr »

Here is a new version for testings :
- new tab
- 4 tiers of dynamites.
they need respectively x1,x2,x3,x4 sulfur/ore to be created, but they gives an increasing x1,x3,x5,x7 resources in return.
- i integrated 6 angel ores, following funnys indications, but the corresponding dynamites are not created... I must have miss something... because even while debugging, my mod does not see these entities in the data (like I can do with any other ores).

note that :
- the icons of dynamite tiers are the same. It seems that Jyrix already did the job of modifying the color of all the icons, so I'll wait for him to see if he wants to share.
- the name of the dynamite items in your bag have a problem. It's a localisation generation problem that I reported as a bug; I wait for an answer of the devs.

@funnys : I think I will not try to include infinite angel ore, because it needs duplicating the whole dynamites, that I already multiplicate by 4 to get 4 tiers... And this angel mod is very complex, with a lot of options and backward modifications on other mods. My mod is quite stable for month now and I don't want to complexify it too much, because by experience, it is more difficult to correct afterwards, while big factorio version changes.

edit : if i try

Code: Select all

/c game.player.surface.create_entity{name="angels-ore1", position=game.player.position}  
under console, it does not work. Does it work for you ?
are you sure there is not another option or something to activate these ores ?

Please try and tell me if it works for you before I publish.
MiningTools_1.0.20.zip
(894.66 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

@binbin
yes
/c game.player.surface.create_entity{name="angels-ore1", position=game.player.position}
works for me it could be that the mod needs at least one mod like bobsmod or yiindustries to work (which add even more ores) angelsprocessing should not be dependant on it, at least it doesn't change anything

if you start a new game with angelsinfiniteore do you get saphirite, stiritite, rubyte and others?

oh my bad, it might be that for angels ores to spawn the new ores it also needs angelsrefining (even if it's not a dependancy it could be that the ores only get registered if some mod actually uses them?)
I'll upload my edited version of your mod, check the changes with np++

with the changes, angelsinfiniteore as dependancy and angelsrefining, bobmods (as well as others) it works fine and I'm able to create the dynamite

just tested your version
it adds the six ores perfectly and I can use the dynamite! :D

i just forgot to submit the change :E
Last edited by funnysunnybunny on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Well happy that you can add the 6 ores. I still does not understand why I do not even find them in the Map generation... And I have all bobs, youki, nucular, RSO, etc... I just cannot install angel refinery of process, they keep giving errors at load time... Can you send me a list of your mods ? (mod.json)

It would be nice if I can make them work once, so that I can design special dynamite icons and test them...

Did you test other dynamite tiers ? The tab is OK ? (don't you lose any dynamite during migration process ?)

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

binbinhfr wrote:Well happy that you can add the 6 ores. I still does not understand why I do not even find them in the Map generation... And I have all bobs, youki, nucular, RSO, etc... I just cannot install angel refinery of process, they keep giving errors at load time... Can you send me a list of your mods ? (mod.json)

It would be nice if I can make them work once, so that I can design special dynamite icons and test them...

Did you test other dynamite tiers ? The tab is OK ? (don't you lose any dynamite during migration process ?)
hey i forgot to submit an edit earlier (i tested it^)

it works flawlessly all the angels ores have their recipes
I had to make new dynamite anyway since I started a new game (so I just spawned in some explosives)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

can you send me your mod-list.json so that I understand what the problem with my config and angels ?

Here is a new version with some angel icons, but I cannot test them... Please do
MiningTools_1.0.20.zip
(926.48 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Ok here's the modlist.json
I think the difference is the requirement of angelsrefining as well as angelsinfiniteores
no matter if you use RSO or not you will need to
--Enables speacial support for RSO, makes the map generation menu a lot cleaner
angelsmods.ores.enablersomode = false

to config.lua in angelsinfiniteores so the ores can show up on mapgeneration, by default angel hides the new ores

the new pictures work well too! thanks a lot for the quick work on that :)

-- edit --

so angelsinfiniteores offers what it says (in a different way than for example RSO or bobmods offer) you can have infinite ore surrounded by non infinite ores (i turned infinite on in bobconfig so everything is handled that way)

unless angelsrefining is added, there is no use for the angels ores apparently (they behave a bit like real life ores in the way that you get different purer metals and have to deal with slag (mixture of unusable stone and metal aggregate)
so w/o angelsrefining it will add infinite coal, iron, copper, etc (also supports a wide range of mods)
with angelsrefining it will add stiratite (refinable to copper, iron, cobald, tin, titanium, aluminium and F7), Rubyte (Lead, Nickel, Aluminium, Gold, Titanium, Tungsten), Bobmonium (Tin, Quartz, Cobalt, Zinc, Aluminium, Tungsten) and a few others that work the same way, they can be smelted directly to copper, iron, tin and lead but they can also be used to get a few or up to all aforementioned refined ores
Attachments
mod-list.json
(10.58 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Ok I understand this angel mod a bit more now with your explanations.

But well this angel mod (that creates errors as soon as I download the 3 mods untouched from the portal) makes me nervous. :-)
Despite the config.lua stuff you told me, I still cannot install it. I give up. The important is that you can use it with dynamites working.

So I will wait for a return of the devs about the item-name bug, and maybe the new color icons and will publish on the portal as soon as I have a fix.

Return to “Mods”