[MOD 0.13] Mining Tools - resources generation

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Mining Tools 1.0.3

Post by Guest_4544 »

binbinhfr wrote: I'll work on the recipe updates. Then release the version.

PS: by the way, the "reactor" mod does not seem really finished... :-)
Alright, thanks for adding these.

And yes the reactor mod is a bit unstable. But since the recipe/item won't be available at all when the mod is not present (and obviously has to be) I thought I wouldn't hurt asking/mentioning about it.
if that really concerns you so much maybe add a option which enables the new dynamite from unsafe/unstable mods.
binbinhfr wrote:. I could make my code more modular to easily integrate custom ore.
That would be great.
binbinhfr wrote: It's infinite : once you exploit one area underground, it is exhausted. But you can create a new area just contiguous to the first one. If it is too close, the Injector would not start working.
Hmm, how about a 2x2/3x3 dynamite type which spawns randomly amount of ores, basically like the water injector already does. Of course with expensive technology or highly increased cost like 3-4x times maybe.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Guest_4544 wrote: Hmm, how about a 2x2/3x3 dynamite type which spawns randomly amount of ores, basically like the water injector already does. Of course with expensive technology or highly increased cost like 3-4x times maybe.
It would mean duplicate all the existing 1x1 dynamite to 2x2 and 3x3...
There is another solution : if you are quick enough, someone noticed that you can make a blueprint of a 3x3 dynamite pattern and paste them repeteadly where you want... ;)
Nota : if you are not quick , you can temporarly increase dynamite countdown in config.lua : 300 = 5 sec, goto 30000 and make your blueprint. Or you can use my TimeTools mod to temporarly slow down time to /8.
Last edited by binbinhfr on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Mining Tools 1.0.7

Post by binbinhfr »

here is v1.0.7 = Add support to moded ores (mods : Bob ores, Nucular, Thorium Mod, Crafted Artifacts, reactor). Increase zone radius if more ores types. Improve ore generation and mixing. Correct a bug when trying to remove oil with dynamite. Wiping dynamite does not explode anymore if no resource under them. Update german locale.

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

binbinhfr wrote: It would mean duplicate all the existing 1x1 dynamite to 2x2 and 3x3...
No I meant that those 2x2/3x3 dynamite types would be like those Water Injector not as in having a duplicate of those dynamite types with increased range.
So 1 2x2/3x3 dynamite would spawn some coal, iron, copper etc...
binbinhfr wrote: There is another solution : if you are quick enough, someone noticed that you can make a blueprint of a 3x3 dynamite pattern and paste them repeteadly where you want...
Yeah that will come in handy for in the meantime.

MrSonic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrSonic »

Okay I found a bug that prevents me from loading up the game that reads out: Mod MiningTools dependency ?Thorium Mod not matching pattern "[?] ModName [ModVersion specifier]".
I have the 4 mods you added the ores from installed and they are the most recent versions. Still a really useful mod though.
*Edit Turns out I forgot about Bob's mods so I am installing them to see if it fixes the bug.
**Edit 2 No it is still the same error.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

MrSonic wrote:Okay I found a bug that prevents me from loading up the game that reads out: Mod MiningTools dependency ?Thorium Mod not matching pattern "[?] ModName [ModVersion specifier]".
I have the 4 mods you added the ores from installed and they are the most recent versions. Still a really useful mod though.
*Edit Turns out I forgot about Bob's mods so I am installing them to see if it fixes the bug.
It should work wether you install one ore mod or not. It's strange because it works for me. I can install an uninstall any ore mod, my mod automatically reacts.
Does anybody else have this problem ?

Are you sure you have the latest factorio version ? because after a few search, it seems that it is a bug that was corrected after 0.12.25 .

Maybe could you try to edit the JSON file and to replace the line :

Code: Select all

"dependencies": ["base >= 0.12.29","? Nucular >= 0.2.0","? Thorium Mod >= 0.1.0","? reactor >= 0.0.27", "? Crafted Artifacts >= 1.2.3", "? bobores >= 0.12.7" ]
or use this file :
info.json
(354 Bytes) Downloaded 144 times
Please tell me if it works.

MrSonic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrSonic »

No it dosen't seem to work with the updated file. It might be that it isn't the latest factorio version. I'll get that updated.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

MrSonic wrote:No it dosen't seem to work with the updated file. It might be that it isn't the latest factorio version. I'll get that updated.
With the updated JSON, my mod should not load at all if your factorio is not at least v 0.12.29...

Already 90 downloads of v1.0.7 and you are the only one complaining, so I suppose it has to do with your configuration. :-)
Please tell me if the factorio update solves your problem.

MrSonic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrSonic »

Sorry if it did sound like I was complaining but yes the update did fix the problem but it corrupted my saves so I'll have to start again.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

MrSonic wrote:Sorry if it did sound like I was complaining but yes the update did fix the problem but it corrupted my saves so I'll have to start again.
Happy that the update was the solution.
And don't be sorry. My english is maybe approximative and the word "complaining" too strong (I made a direct translation from french). I just meant that you were the only person reporting about this bug. Feel free to express yourself again ;)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Mining Tools 1.0.8

Post by binbinhfr »

Here is v1.0.8
Correct json dependencies, that can cause problem with some player configuration.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

So ummm this.
(I did remove the Dynamite and water injector from getting unlocked with this research. as well as hella nerfing the tools a ton. but this still shouldn't happen. There are not 7 different crafting buttons in the crafting menu so its really not a problem but I thought this was funny.)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Well, you modify the mod at your own risk. :-)

For me everything is working fine if I unresearch and reseach again the techno.

Maybe try to reset technos and recipes from the console...

Does someone else have a problem with this mod ?

Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chaos234 »

Hey,

I got the following error:

__MiningTools__/control.lua:178: attempt to ondex field '?' (a nil value).

I use 0.12.29 and it's a MP headless server. Also mods like farmtorio, hardcorio, 5dims are installed.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

reply and test in PM.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Mining Tools 1.0.9

Post by binbinhfr »

Thanks to Chaos234 testings, here is v1.0.9
Improves multiplayer compatibility. Adds support to dark matter replicator mod and tenemut ore (this one is a little gift for you Chaos234 ! ;) ).

Chaos234
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chaos234 »

binbinhfr wrote:Thanks to Chaos234 testings, here is v1.0.9
Improves multiplayer compatibility. Adds support to dark matter replicator mod and tenemut ore (this one is a little gift for you Chaos234 ! ;) ).
Thank you, I'll love and enjoy it :)

Ninereeds
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ninereeds »

having the same error as the last report, but with bauxite ore, using 5dim and bobres both current version

edit: singleplayer btw, had no issues when using with full bobsmods but after switching to 5dim for my 3rd run, just cant load game with the mod enabled

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Ninereeds wrote:having the same error as the last report, but with bauxite ore, using 5dim and bobres both current version

edit: singleplayer btw, had no issues when using with full bobsmods but after switching to 5dim for my 3rd run, just cant load game with the mod enabled
Hi, can you please be precise and tell me exactly what is the mod list you have with version number.
because there are so many modules in bob or 5dim that I cannot reproduce your error...
maybe you can show me your mod-list.json

EDIT: well I found the problem : both BOB and 5dim are creating a new ressource called "bauxite-ore". And my mod try to create a dynamite in relation with this ressource, so there is a conflict. So I am afraid that these 2 mod packs are not fully compatible...
I will see if I can change something in my detection.

morpheuskibbe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by morpheuskibbe »

I have a problem where an inserter STOPS inserting sulfur once the high pressure injector once injection fluid amount reaches 5. I can still manually insert it though.

Return to “Mods”