simwir
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Shuttle Train

Post by simwir »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:Here a proposal for a German translation:
https://github.com/simwir/Shuttle-Train/pull/23

PS: Thanks for this awesome mod.
I believe you when you say it's right, my German is not good enough to proof read it :D

bchmura
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Shuttle Train v1.0.1

Post by bchmura »

simwir wrote:
bchmura wrote:Hey, thanks for the mod! being able to easily suggest a destination will save me countless errors on turning the wrong way cause the train is going down the screen :)

I had a few ideas of what the mod may give me that I'll throw out as suggestions:

[*] A small personal shuttle train - game mechanics wise: Smaller sprite on screen, less resources to build, takes less damage, less fuel capacity, less fuel use.

[*] Electric version of the above, basically uses electricity from the grid and has a built in "accumulator" for going off grid for short distances.

I have some other ideas for train mods, but these fit in with what you are doing. I have a programming background and would be willing to try to make these for inclusion in your mod - here is the catch, I have no graphics skills at all. Prepared to be horrified level of skill :) I can ask around and see if anyone I know in that skill set would be willing to help me out with that part. In the meantime i can crop existing images down... maybe half of your image. anyway...

let me know what you think & thanks again
What purpose would the small train have? Is the train size really a problem? Would it then also have a lower top speed or is there no drawbacks to a smaller train? Not really sure I see where the need is, but feel free to elaborate :)

As for the electric I really like the idea, I just have no idea how it would be done. It seems like there are some in the 5dim's mod, but haven't looked at how it's implemented.

As for art, I my self is not very good at graphics. When I first released the mod it was just with standard train textures, the green train texture that's on the trains now are from Roktaal. If you want to help out with the mod you totally can, just fork the github page, and make a pull request when you have a feature you think the mod needs. :)
You could also create issues over there for the features. I have created one for the electric trains for now.

the 5DIM mods have a lot going for them, I plan on checking those out. It looks like some of those were some of the mods I had in mind, but for the small train I was thinking it would be a smaller little thing for inside ones base itself. I was thinking of what I thought was the DART at the Dallas Airport, but it is called skylink https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _plane.jpg

So i was thinking it could function as a within the base transport - smaller in size, I would suggest something like (balancing would need to be done)

* Smaller footprint (half size)
* Takes less engines / resources to build
* has half hitpoints
* slower than real train
* your awesome "goto this station" controls

I could see the point that you already had to put down track, just having a bigger train is not a big deal. I think for this it is the aesthetics of having a smaller tram type car to ride around the base...

the fact 5DIM's stuff exists takes a bit of wind out of my sails :)

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

I LOVE this mod (especially that you can call the train to a station!).

Any chance you could update it for 0.13.1 & put it on the portal? :) Pleeeeeeeease?

Also, a random question: Do you guys do a single train & use R to flip it? Or two, back-to-back trains?

DanaScully
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DanaScully »

simwir, I also want to sign the petition for you making a 0.13 version of your awesome Shuttle Train mod! :mrgreen:

@ Bizobinator: I always have a two-faced shuttle train (i.e. 2 trains). Never tried it any other way. Works just right. No hassle with needing to change direction.
The Truth is out there

simwir
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Shuttle Train v1.1.0

Post by simwir »

Bizobinator wrote:Any chance you could update it for 0.13.1 & put it on the portal? :) Pleeeeeeeease?
DanaScully wrote:simwir, I also want to sign the petition for you making a 0.13 version of your awesome Shuttle Train mod! :mrgreen:
Well you guys are in luck. Version 1.1.0 for Factorio 0.13 have now been released. I have tested it a bit, but there might still be bugs, if you experience any please post them here or on Github issues

v.1.1.0
  • Updated for Factorio version 0.13
  • Changed train to use the 0.13 train model, but still in green
  • Changed stacksize from 1 to 5
  • Made the train reset to manual mode upon arrival at destination station
  • German translation, courtesy of bNarFProfCrazy

simwir
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Shuttle Train v1.1.0

Post by simwir »

Support on this thread is not guaranteed, please use the mod portal.

Return to “Mods”