[MOD 0.15] Robot Mining Site 0.6.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Robot Mining Site 0.2.4

Post by judos »

@Demir: Thanks for the info. Working on an update currently.

@Simoyd: Ok that's really annoying. I'm going to implement a power check mechanism. The mining roboport will first need to charge up and only runs if enough power is available in it's own power storage. If you cut the power line the roboport will stop automatic mining and still needs to hold enough power in it's own storage to recharge all mining robots which are working for it's mining site.

@szametu: Sounds like a bug. Can you provide a save-game+mods zip file? The fake items are generated by infinite ressources and usually they are destroyed before you can get them. Also if you put any into the mining site it will destroy them as well. If they are on your belts you can just pick them up with F. The belt will never stop working, they just stop because they are full of items.
100hrs wasted? I don't think so. If you give me your save game I can provide an update and you can easily play on. No need to worry about your whole world.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Robot Mining Site 0.2.4

Post by Mooncat »

Hi judos, thanks for this awesome mod. Now I can cover the whole ore field with a few of towers and don't need to worry about the field anymore. :D

But I have a few requests:
First, is it possible to turn off the logistic provider feature of the tower? I want to use inserters and belts to transfer the ore, but due to this feature, logistic robots come and invade the mining site :(
Second, I don't have the need to turn off the site, so I don't really know whether it is possible to remove the built-in logistic decider. If we can turn off the site with normal decider, then there is no need to have one built-in.

And as szametu said, when a mining robot targeted an ore, if there is a belt on the ore, an item of that ore will drop on the belt. Is it expected?

Edit: by the way, the image in the first post is broken.

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Robot Mining Site 0.3.0

Post by judos »

Don't forget to make a backup of your world in case there are problems. I didn't put v 0.3.0 as recommended yet since I didn't have time to test it inetensively yet.

Mostly news and some fixes for 0.3.0
- updated russian translation
- adapted charge speed for roboports (large, extra large have now 2x/4x the amount of charge pads)
- mining sites stop running when not roboport does not have enough energy and therefore:
- mining sites will only start mining when roboport has charged up
- removed fake item, added a different fake item -> migration will therefore remove all old fake items on belts
- mining will not work when belt is placed over ressource (bugs with infinite resources and bypasses the mining robots)
- removed logistics-decider and used new circuit control for mining sites
- mining site buildings are immediately removed when mining site is deconstructed
- added robot chest to add/remove robots
- new base image for mining site, showing that the whole 3x3 is a passive supplier chest

@Mooncat:
I couldn't change the logistic provider of the mining site. First the migration is hard since factorio will crash if you change the type of an entity. Second it's also not really intended that such a late game entity doesn't have on it's own a logistic integration. If you want to only use it with belts just put several inserters around and they will usually be faster than your logistic bots with extracting the ore (if they put it into a chest and have inserter stack size bonus.

The bug that resources below are mined is now solved.

The logistics decider was removed and instead you get a standard circuit control (like the small-lamp) where you can set and connect a circuit wire.

Thanks also for the hint about the image on the first post. It's fixed now and I will also update it shortly for the new version.

@szametu:
The newest release should fix your problem with fake items on belts. After you loaded your world you will see spaces on the belt and as soon as any item is moved on the belt all these gaps will vanish.

Cheers,
judos

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Thanks for the update. Too bad for the entity type, another limitation of the modding API. But nevermind, the new graphic really got my attention! :o :lol:

mojo2012
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mojo2012 »

Hey guys, wouldn't it be nice if we could also "mine" trees, like the treehouse does?

The only difference is of course that the trees would have to be re-planted after chopping them down.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

mojo2012 wrote:Hey guys, wouldn't it be nice if we could also "mine" trees, like the treehouse does?

The only difference is of course that the trees would have to be re-planted after chopping them down.
I think you are looking for Treefarm for 0.12?
https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite
https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-AC

ArtyD
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ArtyD »

mojo2012 wrote:Hey guys, wouldn't it be nice if we could also "mine" trees, like the treehouse does?

Construction robots can "mine" trees right now.

7h3w1z4rd
Inserter
Inserter

Post by 7h3w1z4rd »

Maybe update for 0.13? love the mod and would like to use it with the new features of 0.13 :D

CaptainRush
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainRush »

Please plase can someone update this mod? I really love it and like to use it with 0.13

please :)

thanks

Lonewolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lonewolf »

Would also love to se this working for 0.13. By far the most interesting alternative so mining drills

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Also on Mod Portal:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/ludsoe/momining
But I haven't tried it yet.

Lonewolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lonewolf »

Haven't tried momining yet, but I'll give that a shot. And Logisticsmining is way way to energy heavy for simply mining some ore.
Liked the way this worked a lot better

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Robot Mining Site 0.4.0

Post by judos »

The mod is updated for Factorio 0.13. I will work on the update for 0.14 asap, but I don't think it should require many changes.

7h3w1z4rd
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Robot Mining Site 0.4.0

Post by 7h3w1z4rd »

judos wrote:The mod is updated for Factorio 0.13. I will work on the update for 0.14 asap, but I don't think it should require many changes.
Thank you :)

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Robot Mining Site 0.5.0

Post by judos »

The mod is now updated for Factorio 0.14.x. Please report any issues on github issues or here on the forum thread. (The modding page doesn't send emails when somebody writes anything...) ;)

As always: Have fun!

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

I have a suggestion: could you add the mining time for robots and some effects like sparkling so it would resemble StarCraft crystal harvesting?

7h3w1z4rd
Inserter
Inserter

Post by 7h3w1z4rd »

hitzu wrote:I have a suggestion: could you add the mining time for robots and some effects like sparkling so it would resemble StarCraft crystal harvesting?
Haha, i like that one because i play starcraft 2 on a daily basis :D

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

BUG: Fake items are still a thing.

HOW TO REPEAT: Remove items from the mining site chest by hands, using loader/inserter or logistic bots. Wait until the chest is full again.
Megabase fake items.zip
gamesave
(14.8 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
mods.zip
mods
(20.34 MiB) Downloaded 148 times

Spuds
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Spuds »

crash bug:
RoboMiningSite_0.5.0.zip
Steps to reproduce:
Tested in multiplayer
place extra large robot mining site (untested w/ regular or large)
had bots mining, untested w/o bots
open up circuit connection window.
select a signal (I used F and G)
Instant crash. person running server gets message about 'unknown signal F" w/ OK, then game ends
non-server admin gets immediate message of host leaving game, and option to save
Nothing is logged to game server's log file, other than 'ending multiplayer session"

Return to “Mods”