[MOD 0.15] Robot Mining Site 0.6.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Cordina
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Robot Mining Site 0.6.3

Post by Cordina »

groovybluedog wrote:I've just installed this mod and am getting this repeating message on game load:

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: __robotMiningSite__/data.lua:8: attempt to index field 'useRobRobotics' (a nil value)
Mods to be disabled:
robotMiningSite

In the mods menu, it shows 3 optional Bob dependancies, which I have none of.

Hmmm....
Looks like an error in checking the dependencies...
As I have all (optionally) required bobs mods, I haven't noticed this issue, will look into it tomorrow.

groovybluedog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by groovybluedog »

Cordina wrote: Looks like an error in checking the dependencies...
As I have all (optionally) required bobs mods, I haven't noticed this issue, will look into it tomorrow.
Awesome, thank you! (:

Cordina
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cordina »

groovybluedog wrote:
Cordina wrote: Looks like an error in checking the dependencies...
Awesome, thank you! (:
Issue is fixed in version 0.8.3, thanks for pointing out

groovybluedog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by groovybluedog »

Thank you!

It works now, although I may have spotted a bug, or it might be me being silly, but even with the lamp as red, the bots continue working. Even without power, they're still working. Is this normal?

Taysor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Robot Mining Site 0.8.3

Post by Taysor »

Hi,

with 0.8.3. i still have an issue: (i use none of the optional dependencies)

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods:
__robotMiningSite__/data.lua:38: __robotMiningSite__/prototypes/miningSiteUpgrades.lua:61: attempt to call global 'addTechnologyUnlocksRecipe' (a nil value)
Mods to be disabled:
robotMiningSite
I fixed it on my machine by changing the file "prototypes\miningSiteUpgrades.lua", adding

require "libs.prototypes.technology
as done in other files.

Best regards
Taysor

Cordina
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Robot Mining Site 0.8.3

Post by Cordina »

Taysor wrote:Hi,

with 0.8.3. i still have an issue: (i use none of the optional dependencies)

I fixed it on my machine by changing the file "prototypes\miningSiteUpgrades.lua", adding

require "libs.prototypes.technology
as done in other files.

Best regards
Taysor
Fixes the issue, working on a more failsafe solution (so I won't make this mistake again), update will be released tomorrow.
EDIT: Update is live
puigcerver23 wrote:Hi,
- Add more speed to the mining robots vie infinite research. I was using a 2 drill with passive provider chest and I can get more speed than the currently supported with the mod.
Done that in 0.8.0.
puigcerver23 wrote:Hi,
- Take into account the mining productivity so you don't loss resources if compared with the drill.
Will (probably, if testing proves it working) also be included in tomorrows update.
EDIT: still doesn't work as intended, so stay tuned...

Kabyl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kabyl »

Hey guys, looking for a little help. I've got my mining sites set up with a requester chest to bring over mining bots and add them to the mining sites automatically. Is there any possible way to have the bots returned back into the logistics bot network if a mining bot becomes inactive?

Say I have a limit on how much ore i want the mining bots to pick up. If the bots pick up that amount, they all go back into the robot chest. Since this chest is only 1x1 wide and not on the corner of the mining site block which is 3x3, I can only insert into the chest, rather than have both an insert and an output. Is there a way to remove mining robots from the mining robot sites by using rules? Perhapse maybe move the robot box to the bottom right where the indicator light is and put the indicator light in the middle where the current robot box is?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions provided.

Cordina
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cordina »

Kabyl wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:01 pm
Hey guys, looking for a little help. I've got my mining sites set up with a requester chest to bring over mining bots and add them to the mining sites automatically. Is there any possible way to have the bots returned back into the logistics bot network if a mining bot becomes inactive?

Say I have a limit on how much ore i want the mining bots to pick up. If the bots pick up that amount, they all go back into the robot chest. Since this chest is only 1x1 wide and not on the corner of the mining site block which is 3x3, I can only insert into the chest, rather than have both an insert and an output. Is there a way to remove mining robots from the mining robot sites by using rules? Perhapse maybe move the robot box to the bottom right where the indicator light is and put the indicator light in the middle where the current robot box is?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions provided.
First of all, the bot storage chest is positioned at the bottom, so insert ears can access idle bots.
I think you mean that you want to remove them from the mining force when a certain amount of ore has been mined.
If so, there’s a quite simple solution.
The mining site’s ore storage uses the same mechanics as a regular chest, so you can limit the amount of spaces to be filled automatically.
To do so, open the storage (column at the right-hand side of the mining site) and click the Red Cross at the bottom right of the container.
Now you are able to deactivate any amount of spaces, which will be marked with a red background color.
These red spaces won’t be filled by the bots.
If you want to limit the storage to 1k ore, just leave 5 spaces open for the bots to fill.
When there’s 1k ore in storage, idle bots will go to the robot chest from which they can be picked up by inserters (if desired) or left there so they automatically become active again as soon as the total amount of ore drops below 1k.

torvawk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by torvawk »

Hey there, I think my request is similar to Kabyls,

I was trying to automate adding/removing mining bots from the port. However, I cannot seem to get any useful information out of the mining port to be able to properly control the inserters. What I was hoping I could do is connect a wire to the miner chest and get its contents. If I could do that I can use it for the conditions on the inserters. Insert more bots if there is less than X and remove bots if there is more than Y.

Now, I can access the box with two inserters, one would have to be a long inserter. However, having the box on the corner so that stack inserters can both add and remove bots would be nice as well.

[EDIT:] Oh wow, inserters do not work on the miner's box. They only work with the main storage. -sigh- Also, one other question. Why is the roboport on the miner port considered an enemy structure?

Cordina
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cordina »

torvawk wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:52 am
[EDIT:] Oh wow, inserters do not work on the miner's box. They only work with the main storage. -sigh- Also, one other question. Why is the roboport on the miner port considered an enemy structure?
The bots and the mining roboport are not truly enemies, this is a limitation in the games messaging system.
All mining bots and the roboport belong to a special mining force to prevent interaction with the logistic system. As they do not belong to the regular force you control, the game tells you they are enemy structures.
Biters, though, will still attack a mining roboport, so they don’t belong to them.

As this is an independent force, robots cannot be removed from the port while active. In fact, they enter the port just to leave the next tick.
If you would want to remove bots with an inserter, you’d have to do so in between ticks (which is impossible).
Robots can be removed from the robot chest when there are no mining activities, so your best shot is limiting the available storage for mining bots to fill (which I described in my previous post).

RonH
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RonH »

I've just installed this mod and am getting this repeating message on game load:

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: __robotMiningSite__/data-updates.lua:1__robotMiningSite__/libs/prototypes/recipe.lua:175: attempt to index global "bobmods" (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__robotMiningSite__/libs/prototypes/recipe.lua:175: in function 'add_ingredient'
...otMiningSite__/prototypes/miningRobot-recipe-updates.lua:20: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
__robotMiningSite__/data-updates.lua:1: in main chunk
stack traceback:

Mods to be disabled:
robotMiningSite

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Regarding the change(log): Natural Enemies building no longer picks up mining stuff.

I use the Nanobots mod, not because I want nanobots, but because I want one tiny bit of equipment they supply: it marks items on the ground for deconstruction around me, automatically. So I don't have to spot that stray iron plate, it just gets collected when I walk in the region.

I suspect this may trigger the same issue, so you may wish to consider if testing that is useful too. (Didn't look at the change, so if it is a fully generic solution, I don't know that.)

Cordina
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cordina »

RonH wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:46 pm
I've just installed this mod and am getting this repeating message on game load:

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: __robotMiningSite__/data-updates.lua:1__robotMiningSite__/libs/prototypes/recipe.lua:175: attempt to index global "bobmods" (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__robotMiningSite__/libs/prototypes/recipe.lua:175: in function 'add_ingredient'
...otMiningSite__/prototypes/miningRobot-recipe-updates.lua:20: in main chunk
stack traceback:

Mods to be disabled:
robotMiningSite
Fixed in new release
slippycheeze wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:10 pm
Regarding the change(log): Natural Enemies building no longer picks up mining stuff.

I use the Nanobots mod, not because I want nanobots, but because I want one tiny bit of equipment they supply: it marks items on the ground for deconstruction around me, automatically. So I don't have to spot that stray iron plate, it just gets collected when I walk in the region.

I suspect this may trigger the same issue, so you may wish to consider if testing that is useful too. (Didn't look at the change, so if it is a fully generic solution, I don't know that.)
Any items marked for deconstruction will be picked up by construction robots (or nanobots for that matter), items on the ground are picked up by the artifact collector from Natural Evolution Buildings
The ores to be mined by Mining Robots were assigned a different (internal) name. The artifact collector pick up all "item-on-ground" entities, ores are now assigned "mining-item-on-ground". Display name has not changed.
I don't expect any problems with nanobots, if there are issues, please let me know (as I'm not using nanobots).

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Cordina wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:23 pm
I don't expect any problems with nanobots, if there are issues, please let me know (as I'm not using nanobots).
Perfect, thank you. I had not noticed any in brief testing (of the mod, before this update) but figured easier to say something, maybe save you a second round of pain :)

Love the concept, BTW, and thank you for the devices.

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

Hello,

i wanted to try out this mod, but it gives me an error....
I have 0.17.79 & latest mod download

anyone expierencing the same ?

Cordina
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cordina »

nosports wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:16 pm
Hello,

i wanted to try out this mod, but it gives me an error....
I have 0.17.79 & latest mod download

anyone expierencing the same ?
No issues on my setup... If the error still occurs, please post a screenshot or log of the error so I can try to trace the error.

Gully
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gully »

I get an error on launching factorio with Robot-Mining-Site enabled.
screenshot robot-mining-site on factorio launch.jpg
screenshot robot-mining-site on factorio launch.jpg (24.45 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
Looks like not an interaction with other mods. A problem with the robot chest sprite.

In case it helps, my mod list is Alien Biomes, Bottleneck, Crafting Speed Research, dangOreus, Deadlock's Stacking for Necromant, Deadlock's Larger Lamps, Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders, EvoGUI, Necromant, Ore Changing Cheat, Space Extension Mod, Warehousing Mod. With all of them except Robot Mining Site it all works fine.

leanas8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by leanas8 »

I want the robot to collect two ores at a time. How to modify it,I like this mod.

Return to “Mods”