miningRobot.cfg
robotMiningSite.cfg
technology.cfg

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Robot Mining Site 0.2.2

Post by judos »

Thanks for the updated german translation.

I already added however one more technology (for large mining sites) and another 2 robot mining sites (large, extra large)

News for 0.2.2
- updated german translation
- reduced size of mining site to 10x10
- added large (20x20) and extra-large mining site (40x40)
- fixed bug where items get destroyed when mining site was currently not active and it is mined by the player

Have fun ;)

apcnc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by apcnc »

updated german locale (v.0.2.2)
miningRoboport.cfg
robotMiningSite.cfg
technology.cfg

TheStig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheStig »

Actually, im wondering why the inserters don't do anything with the content in the passive provider chest.

I have provided a screen just to point out my meanings in picture.
robomine.jpg
robomine.jpg (230.29 KiB) Viewed 8441 times
As you can see there is some stone in the chest, yet the fast inserter will not for the life of it take the contents out.

Also, i would like to be able to rotate the side via blueprints, right now everything will rotate but the mining site. Meaning the inserter (that doesn't work anyway right now) will not align with the chest anymore

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Thanks apcnc again :D Will be updated in the next version.

@TheStig: I was wondering at this also. Basically the mining site (tower) is a 3x3 entity, and has also a 3x3 collision box. This is necessary such that you can't place it in a ways that the later spawned in buildings (mining roboport, logistics decider and chest) would overlap any other building.
Due to this collision box it's currently not possible to use an inserter on the chest.

I can try and find a way to solve this. One possible solution would be:
The mining site itself becomes a passive provider chest, so i won't spawn in a separate chest anymore and also adapt the graphics such that it looks more or less the same way. Then it will probably be possible to take out items from any side you want. This would also solve the problem of rotation everything inside a blueprint.

Just to note: I won't make the whole mining site rotatable since there are custom spawned buildings and that would get massively complex.

TheStig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheStig »

Honestly, i would be fine either way. I can only imagine the effort it would take to make the whole thing rotate, and the little gain of it.

Making the whole site a passive provider or storage chest would be fine by me, that way it will work with blueprints. But i guess that being the minor issue on hand, the bigger one would be fixing the inserter issue. It really doesn't suit its purpose for outpost mining/smelting farms this way.

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

I remember seeing something like this earlier.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 63&t=18278

But yours seems more complete. Also I like the random patches they mine from instead of always starting from top left.

I also would like to be able to grab the ores with an inserter. You could maybe look at the other mod how it is done, because I remeber it was possible in there.

Anyway great mod!

collin8579
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by collin8579 »

So If you have more than one site setup the robots migrate to one specific site, regardless of how many you have attached to each
Also, is there an easy way to input the robots into each site, instead of one by one?

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Robot Mining Site 0.2.4

Post by judos »

Updated to the new version 0.2.4 :D

I would like to mention some points beside the changelog (see first page):

1. You can't insert mining robots directly. If you want to place 100 robots, just click&hold and move your mouse to place them really fast. If you think this is still not good enough I will try to improve this in the next version.

2. The logistic decider works also without nearby network. So either it takes the total amount of items in your logistics network, or just the mining site inventory.

3. The logistics size by the mining roboports defines whether different mining site connect to each other. This has been reduced by radius of 2. That means when you don't want your robots to possibly switch over to another mining site, place them far away, such that only construction area borders touch. Then you will be able to mine all resources without mining sites interfering each other.
You can clearly see whether mining roboports connect if you hover over them and see a yellow line.
If they connect, the robots will place any mined resources in any of the mining sites, possibly leading to problems.
-> The connection between mining sites do not update, when you update the mod. Possibly you will need to replace the mining sites.

4. The mining robots can't be mined since they are on a different force. So before you deconstruct your robot mining site you can:
- set the logistics condition such that mining is stopped by the robots
- if you are outside the normal construction area and don't have a personal roboport activated, you can mark the mining site to be deconstructed. This will also stop the mining.
If some mining robots are still flying after you deconstructed the mining site. Simply place it again (possibly somewhere without ressources) and the robots should simply land there. Or probably they already went to a different mining site if there is one.

That's it for the moment. I hope you enjoy, please post any feedback or problems ;)
Have fun

Lonewolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lonewolf »

Really like this mod. Thank you for all the work you do on it!

TheStig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheStig »

Alright Judos, i can confirm that the chest is now working with 0.12.32 The fast inserters are taking the stuff out of the chests and K&L Inserters (all of them) are working too.

As for the rotating, as you made the pickup radius 1x2 (the pole works as pickup point too) isn't that much of a problem other then using blueprints. I can live with this as i just want to use this mod for outpost mining.

I want to take a second here and thank you for the work you have put into this mod.

unixsoid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by unixsoid »

To date, the Russian perevedenya only one phrase. I offer a complete intelligent Russian translation.
logisticDeciderCombinator.cfg
miningRoboport.cfg
miningRobot.cfg
robotMiningSite.cfg
technology.cfg

Prester
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Prester »

Hi, it works perfect, i only have 1 problem, i cannot raze them. once placed, they remain there forever. this is kinda unfortunate in the event that i missplaced them ... or is there a workaround?

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

@Prester: You can not remove the mining roboport or the logistics decider, but you can remove the robot mining site (the signal tower, or the chest). This will also remove the other buildings ;)
If you tried that already: Can you provide a savegame+mod zip file and some steps to reproduce it?

@unixsoid: Thanks for the translation. I will add this to the next release.

ElPresidente
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElPresidente »

Fist of all, one fantastic mod. I really like it.

Can I please ask couple of questions?

1. Can I remove some of the bots released withing a single mining site? Lets say i have too many mining and i wouldl ike to remove 20 or so and move to another site.
Can this be done?

2. I dont really understand how can I pack up all the bots and get them back to my inventory so i can mve to a different location.
I will collect the provider chest and all the other buildings will disappear (roboport and the combinator) but all the bots from this site will just move to any other site currently active (even if it is REALLY far away with no connection to the current one).
How could I prevent it? I would like to pack up and move with all drones being packe up as well.

Thank you!

judos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by judos »

Hi,
You can set some condition on the logistics decider, such that the automatic mining stops. Then all robots will return to the mining site and if you remove the building, you get all robots back.
Currently it's however not possible to remove a specific amount of robots without removing the building first. So I will think of a way to do this.

ElPresidente
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ElPresidente »

Thank you!
Makes sense. Tried that and it works fine.

Demir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Demir »

Hi Thanks 4 the mod, it seams a normal progression for the little minions!

Now the but, It seams the bots now spend more time getting in to the the roboport then mining. They explode out, grab one ore then go down the hide hole again, maybe you can up the charge in them so they get some mining done?

Best regards
Rune
Edit : This is the huge one I am talking about, setting up several of the small ones seams ok

Simoyd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Simoyd »

Couple problems:
When I have power problems (run out of coal, or disconnect/rework my powerlines) all my bots seem to decide to fly across the map to one of the ports and dump all their mixed ore in the one port. I have to take the bots out and go distribute them all again. Then move all the wrong ore to the right place, which is REALLY annoying...

The extra large one seems to only support about 100 bots with 2MW. This makes the throughput kinda sad. Can you up the recharge rate to allow the port to consume more power so that it can sustain more bots? Maybe 200MW? I didn't check, but how is the power usage compared to normally miners, is that balanced?

It doesn't seem to generate any pollution. I have mining bases which require no defences, which seems kinda broken. I would think that they should generate about as much pollution as an electric miner (kicking dust up into the atmosphere is the idea I think)

Let me know if you need more info or if I can help somehow...

szametu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by szametu »

great but ... it does create empty spaces

fake generated item

and because of that my belts stop working. they does not transport anything anymore. because of that usseles crap

more than 100 hrs into games wasted

Return to “Mods”