[MOD 12.29+]Raven Metallurgy

Post by Hetsin »

Raven Metallurgy

Version: 0.0.1
Release: Apr 9, 2016
Factorio-Version: 0.12.29
Tags: Ore Processing
Licence: MIT, I guess?

Description: Makes iron processing slightly more complex.
Dependencies: None

Long Description: After playing with HardCrafting for a bit and not finding it satisfying, I decided to make this mod. Taking inspiration from a vaguely similar game and some wiki research this is the result. This mod assumes a few things that: iron ore is hematite, copper ore is native copper, stone furnaces are bloomeries, steel furnaces are blast furnaces and electric furnaces are arc furnaces.

To process iron ore, you'll need to use coke and flux, made from wood/coal and stone respectively (amounts depending on the smelting technique) while slag will be made as a byproduct, which can be made into concrete.

To ensure compatibility with other mods, I have made new furnaces (assembling machines) that are almost identical to stock furnaces, while dummying out and renaming stock furnaces. When picked up, the new furnaces give the stock version and the mod's furnaces are made from stock furnaces.

Note: currently all recipes are enabled for testing, but they are placed in the tech tree in appropriate places. If you're getting a cannot be smelted error, you're using a non-functional ("Old") furnace.

Download:
RavenMetal_0.0.1.zip
(21.37 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Changelog:
0.0.1 Intial
Last edited by Hetsin on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 12.29+]Raven Metallurgy

Post by orzelek »

Please post your mods as zip files so that they can be directly used by game.

Hetsin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hetsin »

orzelek wrote:Please post your mods as zip files so that they can be directly used by game.
Apologies. :oops: That has been fixed.

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

This looks pretty good. Do you have plans to also provide alternate chains for copper?

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Ok, I thought this looked interesting so I flashed up a new game to give it a whirl.

1) Is it intentional that there is no way to make steel until you have green science working? (All the recipes require the 2nd furnace)
2) The flux description says it produces slag but it doesn't actually.
3) Picking up furnaces tends to turn them back into the old type. Easy enough to re-make them but it caught me out a few times.
4) The slag is a bit of a pain and I can't make void chests to destroy it till the 2nd furnace but that's more of a generic problem with by products.

That's about it so far. I tried out Unstable ground with the same new game so I'm not progressing super fast ;)

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

So, you need steel to make a furnace that can smelt steel, making this mod flawed as of now... :?

Return to “Mods”