[MOD 0.12.20+] Homeworld

Topics and discussion about specific mods
antropod
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Homeworld

Post by antropod »

Portal gui does not show properly in multiplayer.

Regzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Regzzz »

Hi, thanks for the mod, looks like a pretty neat concept. I just installed the mod today and run it in a saved game, and noticed that the blue inserters are super fast (faster then normal, other insterters are normal speed, pre-homeworld mod installed). Is this part of the mod's "effects"?

I'm using Factorio 0.12.30

Mods installed:

Base mod
Crafted Artifacts
Homeworld
Rail Tanker
Specialied Oil Refineries
Warehousing mod

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks and keep up the great work. It is appreciated and will keep me playing even more now... argggg, hehehe

Reg

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Regzzz wrote:Hi, thanks for the mod, looks like a pretty neat concept. I just installed the mod today and run it in a saved game, and noticed that the blue inserters are super fast (faster then normal, other insterters are normal speed, pre-homeworld mod installed). Is this part of the mod's "effects"?

I'm using Factorio 0.12.30

Mods installed:

Base mod
Crafted Artifacts
Homeworld
Rail Tanker
Specialied Oil Refineries
Warehousing mod

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks and keep up the great work. It is appreciated and will keep me playing even more now... argggg, hehehe

Reg
Yes, the fast inserters are twice as fast and use 2x Energy to keep up with the huge supply going in to the Portal.

Regzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Regzzz »

ljdp wrote:
Yes, the fast inserters are twice as fast and use 2x Energy to keep up with the huge supply going in to the Portal.
Thanks for the fast reply. Now I'll go learn how to send booze home :-) hehehe

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Regzzz wrote:
ljdp wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply. Now I'll go learn how to send booze home :-) hehehe
Have fun! It would be great if you could occasionally post screenshots, I have no idea how other people play with Homeworld. :D

rclarke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rclarke »

Hey, looks like a very exciting mod, awesome idea.

However, when I try to run it, I receive an error saying 'homeworld is outside of package'. I have to note that I am running this on a mac, not sure if that would matter. Anyone else able to run it on mac version?

Also Tried running with the other mods I have loaded, as well I attempted it on a clean Factorio install.

Regzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Regzzz »

ljdp wrote: Have fun! It would be great if you could occasionally post screenshots, I have no idea how other people play with Homeworld. :D
Sorry had to remove the mod, after getting some fishes and and placing them in the teleport, all is good. Then I build a tree farm machine, and when I tried to insert a module in it, it gave me an error and the game completely crashed. (game closed) I am away on business trip for a bit, will try again on my return and get you the screen grabs of the error if it happens again..

cheers

Arnas1123123
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arnas1123123 »

I get an error message when i start the game with the Mod in the Mods Folder

path ../homeworld_1.1.0/ outside of package

v 0.12.30

Really wanted to play this mod because i just need a real mission to have fun. Not just like build a rocket and start it.

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Arnas1123123 wrote:I get an error message when i start the game with the Mod in the Mods Folder

v 0.12.30

Really wanted to play this mod because i just need a real mission to have fun. Not just like build a rocket and start it.
Oops. I've repackaged the mod, just download it again.

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Regzzz wrote:
ljdp wrote: Have fun! It would be great if you could occasionally post screenshots, I have no idea how other people play with Homeworld. :D
Sorry had to remove the mod, after getting some fishes and and placing them in the teleport, all is good. Then I build a tree farm machine, and when I tried to insert a module in it, it gave me an error and the game completely crashed. (game closed) I am away on business trip for a bit, will try again on my return and get you the screen grabs of the error if it happens again..

cheers
When you say tree farm machine, do you mean the Seeder? I just tested the seeder again and it worked fine.

Regzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Regzzz »

ljdp wrote:
Regzzz wrote:

cheers
When you say tree farm machine, do you mean the Seeder? I just tested the seeder again and it worked fine.

Yes the seeder, I'll try re-installing it tonight and let you know how it turns out..

Arnas1123123
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arnas1123123 »

ljdp wrote:
Arnas1123123 wrote:I get an error message when i start the game with the Mod in the Mods Folder

v 0.12.30

Oops. I've repackaged the mod, just download it again.
Thanks. im sure this will be alot of fun

Regzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Regzzz »

So, I tried again, same error. When I place a seeder on the grass, power it, then open the menu for the seeder, I try to install a T1 tree module in the empty place (next to the little seeder picture just above the 2 speed module boxes) this is the error that pops up, and the game crashes... :-(

Mods installed on V. 0.12.30 are: (PC Game)

Base mod
Crafted Artifacts 1.2.3
Homeworld 1.1.0
Rail Tanker 1.1.0
Specialied Oil Refineries 1.0.1
Warehousing mod 0.0.6
FARL 0.5.20
The FAT Controler 0.4.11
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (223.69 KiB) Viewed 7866 times

Edit: just to make sure, I disabled all the other mods, and same thing happens, same error.

archie11
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by archie11 »

outside of package um un rar it or un zip it once you do it works .
just right click on it and pickle extract here

B1tchFight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by B1tchFight »

What am I doing wrong?

Wanted to check this mod out because I love Anno and noticed that this is not working at all. I unrar it into both scenario folders to test it. Used Version 1.1 and my Factorio is version 12.30.

I start the scenario and have to generate a new map. But there is no portal and no portal in my inventory. Regen the map a few times but nothing happen...

Any idea?

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Well the archive is a zip, not a rar. So you obviously have the wrong mod to start with. Download from the link in the first post. Also you dont unzip mods. You leave them as a zipped archive and just place the *.zip into your mods folder.

B1tchFight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by B1tchFight »

grr ^^ it doesn't matter if you use winRAR, Winzip or 7zip to unpack a packed file. ^^ I have the right file ;) I'm not that bad with PCs at all :P Put it into the scenario folder and clicked "extract here" then deleted the zip file and tried to start the game as I start the other scenarios. Anything wrong?

suhteevah
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by suhteevah »

having same error as regzzz running K&L inserters and bergius process.
Last edited by suhteevah on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

B1tchFight wrote: Anything wrong?
Well you should still leave the zip as a zip and NOT unpack it. Try that and see if it works. If you absolutely insist on unpacking it then you need to manually clean up the Apple crap that is left in the archive. those are safely ignored while its zipped up. They likely bug the game when they're placed in the mods folder directly. Also WinRAR (not linux unrar) does mishandle some non default archive configurations. And files can misteriously have something wrong. Since the archive was zipped up on a mac this might also be the cause of your problem. Consider dropping winrar for 7zip or PeaZip or literally anything else other than Windows built in archiving which uses some M$ specific compression tweaks that not all utilities support yet.

madkingdiamond
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by madkingdiamond »

So everytime I place or use a seeder or terraformer i get this [Error while running the event handler: __homeworld__/actors/terraformer.lua:28: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'last_step_tick' (a nil value)]

Return to “Mods”