[MOD 0.12.20+] Homeworld

Topics and discussion about specific mods
CaptainRush
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Homeworld

Post by CaptainRush »

i have come up with another problem: i can't build "building materials" ....i cant find any of that in the options/inventar or in a factory...

???

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

@ Crayne,
I've seen more info about that portal interface issue in this topic. It's worth digging a bit.
I believe it's a known problem that ALL players that EVER played on that map with you,
have to be in-game for (all or some) players to see the interface.
I believe there's no fix for that, but I could be wrong.

@ CaptainRush,
That sounds like the same problem I had. You are probably playing on a map that was generated quite a while ago.
In that case your fix will be to generate a new map and go from there. If I'm correct, you also don't have access to
Portable Electronics which should also be under Intermediate Products.

I made a blueprint of my entire factory, created a new map, plonked down a dozen boxes and filled them with
everything I needed to paste my kingdom back into existence. :) It's a daunting task, but can be a fun side project.
- It does take a bit of manual lab-feeding to get to the point where you can use blueprints though.
- I used to the mod Blueprint String to get my BPs from one map to another.

@ Szametu
Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

CaptainRush
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CaptainRush »

well i helped myself out by adding items via the console...

another question: when i upgrade tier the needed items change and some items are no longer needed so i stop adding them?

would be nice if the "homeworld main base" would give feedback over network

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Yes, that is correct. You only supply the items that are listed.
Good to hear that you made it work. :)

Sten
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sten »

I like that I can setup farms to be emptied onto Belts, but what about the Fish? I don't see a way to automatically harvest the fish, and keeping up at level 2 or 3 means I have to gather fish pretty much constantly.

Did I miss something? Nevermind, figured it out!!

Ralfinator
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ralfinator »

First of all, thanks for the mod -- this actually got me motivated to start a new game from scratch and see how it goes with all the homeworld stuff. :D

However, I am confused by the seeders. I thought the idea was that I could combine seeders and sawmills to have like a "tree farm" that would provide a constant supply of wood. That's pretty much the only reasonable way to keep supporting the homeworld. (In vanilla game, hunting for new ore fields is already annoying enough -- having to do that for wood would be way worse.) However, a "tree program" costs 50 wood, and it seems to generate trees worth roughly 60 wood. It seems to me that I need a rather insane amount of seeders and sawmills to have a supply that's high enough to produce all the furniture, and I'm just on tier 2. Am I missing something?

Also on the "constantly hunting for new sources" front, is it possible to have "sustained fishing" or will I have to wander around the map and constantly find new fishing ground? I think that'd be rather annoying, it would add more of the worst parts of endgame (having to constantly move to new ground to deplete) rather than more of the coolest part (scaling up :D ) [which of course is also added]. Again I hope I am just missing something here.

And finally, is there a way to open the Homeworld UI without having to walk to the portal? It is pretty hard to keep track of what is going on the homeworld as one moves around the base to do the "vanilla game stuff".

Sten
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sten »

Will this Mod be setup for 0.13 version, it's really Awesome! Thanks!

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Sten wrote:Will this Mod be setup for 0.13 version, it's really Awesome! Thanks!
Homeworld is now available from the in-game mod downloader (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/ljdp/homeworld).
You start off a game with a pda in your inventory now, which you can hold to view the homeworld GUI.
I've changed how fisheries work, they no longer depend on the fish entities you see swimming in lakes, each chunk has a finite amount of fish you can harvest.
This approach is rather naive for now, until I find a good way to classify lakes.

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

@ Ralfinator
The return on seeders is rather low indeed, but not every tier requires wood and/or furniture. I believe they both end at tier 3 or 4.

@ ljpd
Nice changes! Thanks!

ironchefpython
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ironchefpython »

Factorio 0.13.6, no other mods loaded, error on startup:
Error in assignID, recipie with name 'fill-water-barrel' does not exist.

Deminus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Deminus »

ironchefpython wrote:Factorio 0.13.6, no other mods loaded, error on startup:
Error in assignID, recipie with name 'fill-water-barrel' does not exist.
Quick fix open 'homeworld 1.3.2 \ prototypes \ recipes.lua " find

-- BARREL RECIPES
--[[{
type = "recipe",
name = "fill-water-barrel",
category = "crafting-with-fluid",
energy_required = 1,
subgroup = "barrel",
order = "b",
enabled = "false",
icon = "__homeworld__/graphics/icons/fluid/fill-water-barrel.png",
ingredients =
{
{type="fluid", name="water", amount=0.5},
{type="item", name="empty-barrel", amount=1},
},
results=
{
{type="item", name="water-barrel", amount=1}
}
},]]--

and delete the " --[[ " (under "-- BARREL RECIPES") and " ]]-- "(at the end)

if you use notepad++ it's line 300 and 318

ljdp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ljdp »

Thats just reverting to 1.3.1. I forgot to also comment it out from the tech tree. I'll upload 1.3.3 shortly.

Phantum
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Phantum »

do you have a changelog somewhere?
---
I am a Streamer,
Fallen Sun Gaming by Name,
Factorio is Sometimes my Game.
For Some Goodness
Join me
on http://www.twitch.tv/fallensungaming

FSG may or may not be subliminally implanted in this signature

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Mod Incompatibilities:

In my current modpack, both RSO and Bob Mining seem to break the sand collector of this mod (causing nothing to be mined when provided power and being over a sand patch). Removing either mod fixes the sand collector.

Using RSO and Homeworld by themselves causes the issue. Some combination of bobs mods causes bob mining to affect the sand collector (hovering over it in-game says it was changed by bob mining in some way), but they work fine when just using bob mining and homeworld. Maybe caused by bob tech or something? (not using plates or ores mod)

Using Homeworld v1.3.3, RSO v2.0.9, and Bob Mining v0.13.1 (all three being the latest version)

EDIT: It was Auto Deconstruct that was preventing sand collector from mining by marking it for deconstruction instantly.

Another small bit is that the portal seems to be unmineable, and trying to deconstruct it just destroys it. Intended or a bug?
Last edited by Kryzeth on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Kryzeth wrote:Mod Incompatibilities:

In my current modpack, both RSO and Bob Mining seem to break the sand collector of this mod (causing nothing to be mined when provided power and being over a sand patch). Removing either mod fixes the sand collector.

Using RSO and Homeworld by themselves causes the issue. Some combination of bobs mods causes bob mining to affect the sand collector (hovering over it in-game says it was changed by bob mining in some way), but they work fine when just using bob mining and homeworld. Maybe caused by bob tech or something? (not using plates or ores mod)

Using Homeworld v1.3.3, RSO v2.0.9, and Bob Mining v0.13.1 (all three being the latest version)

Another small bit is that the portal seems to be unmineable, and trying to deconstruct it just destroys it. Intended or a bug?
Small note:
Not every sand is "sand". There is a sand and sand resource. With RSO those two are not the same - actual minable sand will be much more rare then plain tile sand. RSO will place sand tiles when generating sand resource (at least it did last time I checked).
You'll need to find the sand thats actually minable - then sand collector should work.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

orzelek wrote:You'll need to find the sand thats actually minable - then sand collector should work.
Yeah, I saw you mention this before, and you can't actually place the sand collector over non-resource sand, so I know that wasn't my issue. However, I did go back and test further, and realized that it was actually Auto Deconstruct mod that was stopping the sand collector from mining. (I was using it to test if it could mine, as opposed to powering it manually.. silly me). It must not be detecting the sand as a resource or something.. I guess that would be a problem on their end, and not on RSO or Homeworld's. My bad, and thanks for the help, I'll bring the issue up to them.

EDIT: Apparently, that's been an issue for a while.. about a month now, since before 0.13, so I would guess they don't plan on fixing that anytime soon. Ah well

Syriusz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Syriusz »

I encountered two bugs that could be related: after loading game, the portal disappears. When I stood next to portal on load it looked like it was cut in half (there were only circle on top visible) and what is left of it make animation like when it send something and then it disappears.
Then, when I get to next tier (with new portal) I got error and game exit to main menu:

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler: __homeworld__/homeworld_logic.lua:270: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
I think, that crash is because it want to give me reward, but it randomly select the portal that was destroyed in loading process...

Mod downloaded in game (0.13.9).
My mods

Drizzt321
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Drizzt321 »

Running Factorio 0.13.9 with the latest version downloaded from the new Mods interface in-game, when loading off of a save file after having Factorio closed, the portal has disappeared and I can't see any way to get it back.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Noticed the mod does not activate recipes if you add it to an existing save.

You might look at using a migration script to enable your recipes on existing saves.

When you load a save that previously did not have the mod the game will run each migration script in order and remember the last script it ran. So then if you have a change in the future you can add a migration script for that version and it will be run.

https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... on_scripts

Simple example for recipes:

for i, force in pairs(game.forces) do 
 force.reset_recipes()
end

force.reset_technologies()
end

if force.technologies["aTechnology"].researched then 
   force.recipes["myRecipe"].enabled = true
 end
end
The resets refresh the recipe and tech tree from prototypes and then in the force loop you would check for the techs you want your items keyed off of and enable them if they are already researched.

Lehona
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lehona »

I experienced heavy desync-problems using this mod, especially (actually, only) when loading a savegame.

So far (not extensively tested) I was able to fix this, by changing the actors/fishery.lua in line 17 to:

global.fish_in_chunk[chunk_name] = global.fish_in_chunk[chunk_name] + 5 --+ math.random(0,10)
I don't know enough about lua/factorio-scripting to say whether this is an obvious mistake or factorio is somehow screwing up synchronisation of the random seed, but it fixed the problem and shouldn't alter gameplay in a significant way (instead of spawning a random amount of fish (math.random(0,10)), it simply spawns 5 every time).

There are a couple of other easy-to-fix crashes (such as the crash upon player death), I'll post another comment when I get around to fixing them.

Return to “Mods”