Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.14+] OverMods - Useful Utilities

Post by OvermindDL1 »

OverMods - Useful Utilities
  • Name: OverMods
  • Version: 0.0.4
  • Factorio-Version: 0.12.29+
  • Description: Adding various 'missing' parts for larger packs that tend to work around Bob's mods, generally uses scripting, does not require Bob's mods or any other mods and is quite useful on its own.
  • License: Personal Use Allowed. Mod Pack use allowed. Modifications are allowed but must not be distributed with the same mod name and are encouraged to have the changes submitted back to OvermindDL1 for inclusion to the main mod for everyone to use. Redistribution in forms that are not in mod packs, via an in-game Factorio mod manager, or via the link in this post is disallowed as this location should remain the primary location for ease of use. Feel free to take the functionality to integrate into other mods, and please list here any mods that add such functionality. If such a mod is made that integrates this functionality as well as has other features that I would use then I would be happy to discontinue this mod so I no longer have to continue upkeep.
  • Latest Release: 2016-12-03
  • Initial Release: 2015-12-31
  • Download-Url: The Official Mod Portal
  • Website: http://overminddl1.com/Factorio/OverBobs/index.html
  • Dependencies: Base, soon to be Bob's mods based on what is used within it, however all other dependencies will be optional and it can always be used stand-alone.
  • Category: Gameplay
  • Tags: Utilities, Buildings, Logistics Network, Equipment
Long description
Pictures
Version history
Last edited by OvermindDL1 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:18 am, edited 7 times in total.

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29+] OverMods - Useful Utilities

Post by Qloshae »

Code: Select all

type = "recipe",
		name = "collector-grounditems-armor-module",
        energy_required = 10,
		enabled = "false",
		ingredients =
        {
            {"collector-grounditems", 1},
			{"electronic-processing-board", 15},
        },
		result = "collector-grounditems-armor-module"
Should be

type = "recipe",
        energy_required = 10,
		enabled = "false",
		ingredients =
        {
			--{"electronic-processing-board", 15},
        },
I assume that was an accidental miss since you commented out the electronic processing board on the others.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

OvermindDL1 wrote: Modifications are allowed but must not be distributed
You should rephrase that. You dont have the right to limit modifcations on personal copies at all. OF COURSE they're allowed as anyone can do whatever they want with anything on their own computer. If you have to explicitely mention modifications you are implying its for distribution. So you are giving permission to distribute then saying not to. Also while no out of game mod manager really exists yet, they are effectively the equivilant to roll-your-own-modpack programs. And you gave permission for modpack distribution.

Either say you're fine with distribution or say you're not. Dont be bipolar on the issue as it makes the entire license worthless. Cause as it is now, i can just release a modpack of one mod with modifications to it needed to make it compatible with the modpack (ie: random changes to fit my personal taste)

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

seronis wrote:Either say you're fine with distribution or say you're not. Dont be bipolar on the issue as it makes the entire license worthless. Cause as it is now, i can just release a modpack of one mod with modifications to it needed to make it compatible with the modpack (ie: random changes to fit my personal taste)
I'm so tempted to release a modified version and call it a modpack just to demonstrate... and the lulz.
No takebacks
Also I would like to thank you for this mod. I'm now going to turn all the native nest into nature preserves (read: artifact mines) as long as they don't happen to be in the way for my important superstructures.
I really wanted something like this to make artifact collection automatable. So annoying to have to do it manually. There are mods that try to do it with recipes from oil or alien ore mines in a peaceful way, but that doesn't quite quelch my thirst for blood, inhumane natural resource extraction and violent xenocide ;)

I like that it doesn't have bob dependencies. And if your mod had a bob dependency wouldn't that make it useless if the features of this mod are from that mod? So don't add it as a dependency...

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

In terms of this license agreement...

This is sort of the reason behind a new system i am devising for the 0.13 mod portal.
More info to come, but ambiguity and disputes will be much more easy to deal with

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Klonan wrote:In terms of this license agreement...

This is sort of the reason behind a new system i am devising for the 0.13 mod portal.
More info to come, but ambiguity and disputes will be much more easy to deal with
Thank you Klonan! It's great to see the Wubes dedication to the mod community. We appreciate it.(Off topic: And thanks for your wonderful collection of mods that you've written Klonan.)

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Klonan wrote:In terms of this license agreement...

Honestly I do not care what people do with it, just if it is distributed via the same name it would make it difficult for people to decide where to get it, that is just to help ensure that the mod itself is in one central place. ;-)

I do fully encourage anyone to integrate the functionality into their mods. If the mod is one I use then that means that I will stop using mine and likely delete it as I would then have no reason to continue it. :-)

Once a proper mod portal is setup and accessible within game then I would imagine that duplicate names would not be allowed, so it would not be an issue then anyway.

Qon wrote:
seronis wrote:Either say you're fine with distribution or say you're not. Dont be bipolar on the issue as it makes the entire license worthless. Cause as it is now, i can just release a modpack of one mod with modifications to it needed to make it compatible with the modpack (ie: random changes to fit my personal taste)
I'm so tempted to release a modified version and call it a modpack just to demonstrate... and the lulz.
All fine as long as the modpack itself is not called OverMods either I would prefer. ;-)
Qon wrote:
No takebacks
Huh? Takebacks? I do not understand the reference?
Qon wrote:Also I would like to thank you for this mod. I'm now going to turn all the native nest into nature preserves (read: artifact mines) as long as they don't happen to be in the way for my important superstructures.
I really wanted something like this to make artifact collection automatable. So annoying to have to do it manually. There are mods that try to do it with recipes from oil or alien ore mines in a peaceful way, but that doesn't quite quelch my thirst for blood, inhumane natural resource extraction and violent xenocide ;)

I like that it doesn't have bob dependencies. And if your mod had a bob dependency wouldn't that make it useless if the features of this mod are from that mod? So don't add it as a dependency...
That was precisely my use for it, all the other 'artifact collector' style mods I'd tried were significantly performance affecting and/or stopped working after a random period of time, plus their lack of power-use and magical-item-teleportation ability bugged me. ^.^

Qloshae wrote:

type = "recipe",
        energy_required = 10,
		enabled = "false",
		ingredients =
        {
			{"electronic-processing-board", 15},
        },
Should be

type = "recipe",
        energy_required = 10,
		enabled = "false",
		ingredients =
        {
			--{"electronic-processing-board", 15},
        },
I assume that was an accidental miss since you commented out the electronic processing board on the others.
It was intentional as I consider armor equipment modules more powerful than stationary buildings.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

OvermindDL1 wrote: I assume that was an accidental miss since you commented out the electronic processing board on the others.
It was intentional as I consider armor equipment modules more powerful than stationary buildings.[/quote]
electronic processing board is not a vanilla factorio item and OverMods has no dependencies except base.

Another mod that does something similar that I haven't tested: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=19411

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Qon wrote:
OvermindDL1 wrote: It was intentional as I consider armor equipment modules more powerful than stationary buildings.
electronic processing board is not a vanilla factorio item and OverMods has no dependencies except base.
Great catch! Forgot he replaced the old ones instead of just changed the images and such, new version.
Qon wrote:Another mod that does something similar that I haven't tested: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=19411
Ah nice. It is halfway there, needs to do the same with armor and have it as a standalone building (and keep updating it into the future).

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Any chance for a .14 update?

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Hate to nag, but this is one of 2 mods that do not work (the other being satellite uplink) with .14 on my game - and I consider dumping it now. I love the item collector, but there is some issue there and I ahve no clue about modding factorio so.... it does not work. Anyone can look at it?

The erorr after changing the version to .14 is:

Error while loading equipment prototype:
"collector-grounditems-armor-module" (movement-bonus-equipment)":
No such node (categories)

Not sure if there are others hidden after this.

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

TheTom wrote:Hate to nag, but this is one of 2 mods that do not work (the other being satellite uplink) with .14 on my game - and I consider dumping it now. I love the item collector, but there is some issue there and I ahve no clue about modding factorio so.... it does not work. Anyone can look at it?

The erorr after changing the version to .14 is:

Error while loading equipment prototype:
"collector-grounditems-armor-module" (movement-bonus-equipment)":
No such node (categories)

Not sure if there are others hidden after this.
Not received a notification from here so did not see this, sorry... >.>

I've still been using other 0.13 mods so I'd not needed to update this yet, but I just did, updated on the mod portal now to Factorio 0.14.

theit8514
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14+] OverMods - Useful Utilities

Post by theit8514 »

I am encountering this crash in 0.14.21:
63.488 Error MainLoop.cpp:788: Exception at tick 0: Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
LuaItemStack doesn't contain key has_grid.
stack traceback:
__OverMods__/control.lua:64: in function <__OverMods__/control.lua:49>
Per viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31862 it looks like this property was removed. I updated:

if armor.valid_for_read and armor.has_grid then
to:

if armor.valid_for_read and armor.grid ~= nil then

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14+] OverMods - Useful Utilities

Post by DRY411S »

theit8514 wrote:I am encountering this crash in 0.14.21:
63.488 Error MainLoop.cpp:788: Exception at tick 0: Error while running event on_tick (ID 0)
LuaItemStack doesn't contain key has_grid.
stack traceback:
__OverMods__/control.lua:64: in function <__OverMods__/control.lua:49>
Per viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31862 it looks like this property was removed. I updated:

if armor.valid_for_read and armor.has_grid then
to:

if armor.valid_for_read and armor.grid ~= nil then
I'm getting this error too in 0.14.22. The same edit above fixed it.

But it 'fixed' it in a way that doesn't seem right. Although the text says that construction bots will go and find the things that the item collector finds, I *think* that logistics bots go and collect too. And after the initial collection, no further collections are made as the scan expands.

Return to “Mods”