[MOD 0.13.x] Interface Chest - 1.13.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Interface Chest - 1.13.0

Post by Peppe »

Brot Zockt wrote:Is it also available in 0.12?

All the releases are here:
https://github.com/Peppe-KSP/InterfaceChest/releases

Anything not 1.13.x is for .12.

Grimshad
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Grimshad »

Is there a version of this that only works with belts? It connecting to any inventory completely eliminates the need for inserters. I just want to use it as a buffer inline with the belt.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Grimshad wrote:Is there a version of this that only works with belts? It connecting to any inventory completely eliminates the need for inserters. I just want to use it as a buffer inline with the belt.
If there is a both an input belt and an output belt it will not connect to any adjacent inventories.

Pede
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pede »

I'm having an issue with this mod. Crafting, placing and using the chest works fine, but after saving my map and loading it again, the Interface chest disappears. No other item from this mod (or other mods as far as I noticed) seem to disappear. Only the interface chest. Anyone else having this problem, and anyone know how to fix it?

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Pede wrote:I'm having an issue with this mod. Crafting, placing and using the chest works fine, but after saving my map and loading it again, the Interface chest disappears. No
other item from this mod (or other mods as far as I noticed) seem to disappear. Only the interface chest. Anyone else having this problem, and anyone know how to fix it?
Updated. Should be resolved.

Looks like 13.5 or .6 removed them because they were the same type as the old smart chest.

nbrpg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nbrpg »

Thank you for working on this mod and keeping it updated. I really enjoy it! I am currently running v1.13.1 with Factorio 0.13.6

It seems that the interface chest can destroy around 25% of the items it places onto a belt. It doesn't seem to affect an interface chest that picks up from a belt, but I haven't tested everything. The problem occurs when using any speed transport belt.

As a simple test, I setup an interface chest with an express transport belt coming out of it. Placing 500 iron directly into the interface chest results in only 375 being placed into an adjacent, exiting belt. The rest of the iron just seems to vanish. You can effectively loop an interface chest into itself to destroy items over time =)

Oddly enough, if you have a splitter pulling from the interface chest, instead of a transport belt, 100% of the items make it through just fine.

Here are some other fun results.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

nbrpg wrote:Thank you for working on this mod and keeping it updated. I really enjoy it! I am currently running v1.13.1 with Factorio 0.13.6

It seems that the interface chest can destroy around 25% of the items it places onto a belt. It doesn't seem to affect an interface chest that picks up from a belt, but I haven't tested everything. The problem occurs when using any speed transport belt.

As a simple test, I setup an interface chest with an express transport belt coming out of it. Placing 500 iron directly into the interface chest results in only 375 being placed into an adjacent, exiting belt. The rest of the iron just seems to vanish. You can effectively loop an interface chest into itself to destroy items over time =)

Oddly enough, if you have a splitter pulling from the interface chest, instead of a transport belt, 100% of the items make it through just fine.

Here are some other fun results.

Updated.

Belt changes seemed to have affected my placement routine. I try to place in batches of 4 and looks like sometimes the last item would not get placed, but my code assumed it worked, so removed the item from the chest. With the way items can shift on the belts now looks like i can no longer assume it can place in all 4 spots.

Now remove only on success.
Try to place closest to chest first instead of farthest from chest.

kasandraen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Interface Chest - 1.13.2

Post by kasandraen »

Hi, how does the belt balancer work?

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

kasandraen wrote:
It just shifts items between lanes if there is a jam otherwise lets things through at full speed. Should be ~bluebelt speed.

Kabyl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kabyl »

are there any plans to update this mod to the current game version?

Return to “Mods”