[MOD 0.13] Big Bags - more space in your bags

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ps666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Big Bags - more space in your bags

Post by ps666 »

I thought it was only increasing the stack size in my inventory, but it increases it EVERYWHERE! That sucks.

If I remove the mod now, will I lose everything above the normal stack size?

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

ps666 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:54 pm
I thought it was only increasing the stack size in my inventory, but it increases it EVERYWHERE! That sucks.

Sorry, i guess reducing stack size will destroy anything above that limit if factorio isn't handling it itself(which i don't know), but of you load your savegame directly with another stack mod *it should* take over the original stacks, as long as the new stack mod increases the stack size enough.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

myricaulus wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:54 pm
ps666 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:54 pm

Sorry, i guess reducing stack size will destroy anything above that limit if factorio isn't handling it itself
Actually, if there is an inventory with oversized stacks the items will be kept, so you won't lose anything. However, all calculations will be based on the new stack size. Let's say you have a stack of 200 iron plates, and stack size has been reduced to 100. If you use right-click to pick up half a stack, you will take 50 iron plates, not 100, and if you try to put those 50 plates back you will end up with one (oversized) stack of 150 plates and a new stack of 50 plates.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

Pi-C wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:17 am
Actually, if there is an inventory with oversized stacks the items will be kept, so you won't lose anything. However, all calculations will be based on the new stack size. Let's say you have a stack of 200 iron plates, and stack size has been reduced to 100. If you use right-click to pick up half a stack, you will take 50 iron plates, not 100, and if you try to put those 50 plates back you will end up with one (oversized) stack of 150 plates and a new stack of 50 plates.
Good to know that factorio handles this case. Rimworld would have lost the items.

ZogTheHog
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZogTheHog »

Has anyone had this issue still with the Inventory size staying huge even after deleting this mod? I love the stack size feature but I research too many bags and now my inventory pane is ungodly big. I tried deleting the mod settings file, I am not sure what to do. Is there something I can edit to reduce it back down?

hcoutdopi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hcoutdopi »

Failed to load modes: Error while loading item prototype "caravan-control" (capsule): 'stack_size' must be 1 when ot-stackable is set.
Modifications: Pyanodons AlienLife >Big Bags (more space in bags +longer reach)

getting error with the latest Pyanodons AlienLife 2.0.6

Return to “Mods”