[MOD 0.13] Time Tools (& Clock Combinator)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
tscolin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12+] Time Tools (& Clock Combinator)

Post by tscolin »

binbinhfr wrote: waoo, thx guy, what would I do without these testers ;-) I forgot a little thing during my last big code change, so that newly installing the mod on an existing game was not showing the GUI...

it is corrected now, please update to 1.0.15
That was super quick! It works like a charm! Thanks a bunch!

DenFromEarth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DenFromEarth »

binbinhfr wrote:Hey Den,

thx for the positive return, always appreciated. ;)

I had a look at the other mod "day extender".
Infact it does not really extend the length of the day, but it plays very rapidly in realtime with the game internal clock to very often freeze the clock and so give a slowdown effect. So it can create a bad interaction with my mod which is expecting a classical time flow... Can also pose problems with other time based mods.

But this is the only known trick to artificially change the length of the day, and alas, it causes major problems in multi-player.
And I (and other players) are using my mod in multiplayer... So I won't break my mod, sorry.

But to help you, I adapted the day extender and posted a new unofficial version here :
viewtopic.php?f=120&t=14509&p=182222#p182222
I also inserted a change so that you can now switch always_day mode on/off.
You can still use it, but you cannot freeze time with timetools anymore (clicking on the time button itself).
Bin,

Thanks for the very quick response.

DFE
Don't tell me you never wanted to do an orbital drop in a '59 convertible Corvette...
https://youtu.be/yKkt_g9Tc7M

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Nexela wrote:Hello Binbinhfr!

I have a couple of questions but first I wanted to say. You make some awesome mods! Thank you.

Any chance you could make a version of your time tools mod with just the clock combinator portion? I would like to use them in my next MP play-through but I don't want the time tools portions.

Thanks in advance and keep up the awesome work!
I won't split the mod in two pieces because I already have more than a dozen of mods to maintain, and the two parts of the mod are really mixed together ;-)

BUT I integrate a new console command to enable/disable the time display.
use :
/c remote.call( "timetools", "off" )
or
/c remote.call( "timetools", "on" )

Once the command entered in your MP game, it will stay, even if you upgrade the mod.
I hope it answers your needs.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Otterbear
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Time Tools (& Clock Combinator)

Post by Otterbear »

Thank your for this great mod. I'm not sure how to "rate" it atm, so I just wanted you to know that I think its really cool.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Otterbear wrote:Thank your for this great mod. I'm not sure how to "rate" it atm, so I just wanted you to know that I think its really cool.
Thx for the appreciation. Always welcome :-)
I'm afraid there is no rating feature on the portal for the moment...

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

new version : when always_day, display an approximation of hour/minute, using game.tick

slaxer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slaxer »

speeding up time stops working on my very big map with a lot of items, mostly tons of replicators.
ive removed like half of them and the time-speedup suddenly works

:?: :?: :?:

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

slaxer wrote:speeding up time stops working on my very big map with a lot of items, mostly tons of replicators.
ive removed like half of them and the time-speedup suddenly works
:?: :?: :?:
There is nothing I can do about it :
it is just that the factory becomes too big for your computer and cannot be speeded up, even if Factorio tries. You have reached the limits of your machine :-)

slaxer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slaxer »

binbinhfr wrote:
too big
thats what she said!

you are correct, running on a cheap i3 and only 4G ram!

slaxer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slaxer »

when i cleaned up the base to lower the stress and make the mod functional again, i noticed that before the cleanup, the clock was running 64x even tho the game was only in 1x, time was affected anyways, but not the reality #tripped :)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

slaxer wrote:when i cleaned up the base to lower the stress and make the mod functional again, i noticed that before the cleanup, the clock was running 64x even tho the game was only in 1x, time was affected anyways, but not the reality #tripped :)
The API time speed command is something like a "wish" : it says "you are allowed to run at x64 (if you can do it...)". But it does not guaranty that your machine can handle 64 times more calculations... :-)

husky777
Inserter
Inserter

Post by husky777 »

Hello!
can you add a version without having to switch on a constant day? in my opinion this is a little bit cheat. I think a lot of players like the function of the acceleration of time and the clock. it is the most convenient modes on this topic. But cheat time shift function is a little off-putting, I would like that it is not tempted. :)

This text is written in broken English
greetings from the Russian Federation

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

husky777 wrote:Hello!
can you add a version without having to switch on a constant day? in my opinion this is a little bit cheat. I think a lot of players like the function of the acceleration of time and the clock. it is the most convenient modes on this topic. But cheat time shift function is a little off-putting, I would like that it is not tempted. :)
Please update. I added a always_day_enabled option in the config.lua file.
So, you have to edit this file and change "always_day_enabled = false", then you won't be able to click on this button anymore, even if you are tempted ! :-)

husky777
Inserter
Inserter

Post by husky777 »

binbinhfr wrote:Please update. I added a always_day_enabled option in the config.lua file.
So, you have to edit this file and change "always_day_enabled = false", then you won't be able to click on this button anymore, even if you are tempted ! :-)
wow. It happens. You really made changes to the game with a single message? Can I try to send you somewhere to their views on how to improve your mods? This may be of interest? I would like to help improve something in gratitude for responsivenes. If I can where to send the change to each mode?
This text is written in broken English
greetings from the Russian Federation

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

husky777 wrote:wow. It happens. You really made changes to the game with a single message? Can I try to send you somewhere to their views on how to improve your mods? This may be of interest? I would like to help improve something in gratitude for responsivenes. If I can where to send the change to each mode?
If you have suggestions, you can post them in the forum and we'll see if I find them useful. :-)

ADKrig
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ADKrig »

Hi!
I think that I cant to change game speed more than 8x ((( When I clicking to speed up more than 8x actualy speed does not want to change. Changing parameter "maximum_speed" lower or higher does not help. Sometimes it will be nice to skip some time at 100x or 200x VERY fast )

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

ADKrig wrote:Hi!
I think that I cant to change game speed more than 8x ((( When I clicking to speed up more than 8x actualy speed does not want to change. Changing parameter "maximum_speed" lower or higher does not help. Sometimes it will be nice to skip some time at 100x or 200x VERY fast )
Hi, it is not the problem of my mod that only uses an API function "speed", but a problem of Factorio AND your computer : if Factorio cannot speed up more than x8, it is because it cannot do it (too big factory, or computer a bit slow). It happens also on my laptop, but not on my big desktop PC. Please try to speed up a very simple (empty) map, and you'll see that it will work.

ADKrig
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ADKrig »

binbinhfr wrote:
ADKrig wrote:Hi!
Hi, it is not the problem of my mod that only uses an API function "speed", but a problem of Factorio AND your computer : if Factorio cannot speed up more than x8, it is because it cannot do it (too big factory, or computer a bit slow). It happens also on my laptop, but not on my big desktop PC. Please try to speed up a very simple (empty) map, and you'll see that it will work.
Yes, it works! ) But there another question. Maybe you know how override perfomance limit? I remember that in older versions very big value of game speed gave perfomance fall, but it was not a problem. Whats about new version? :?:

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

ADKrig wrote:Yes, it works! ) But there another question. Maybe you know how override perfomance limit? I remember that in older versions very big value of game speed gave perfomance fall, but it was not a problem. Whats about new version? :?:
Override performance limit ? Well I have a solution : buy a stronger PC ;-)
I have absolutely no control on this.
It is a question you should ask to the dev in the "technical help" forum maybe ?

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Thank you for all yours excellent mods. And especially for this one! :D

Return to “Mods”