[MOD 0.12.x] AdvancedEquipment_0.5.7

Topics and discussion about specific mods
darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.x] AdvancedEquipment v0.3.1

Post by darius456 »

sparr wrote:
slay_mithos wrote:I am sad to report that the mod doesn't quite work with 0.9.2, it makes my game crash when I try to load a game, even a newly generated and just saved/loaded right at the start.

I have no clue about what does that, so I can't help fixing it, and that's sad, because it was a very decent mod, when playing with the hard mobs of DyTech, and F-mod helping with alien researches.
Any mod that has new GUI elements causes crashing on load with 0.9.2. This bug is acknowledged and will be fixed in 0.9.3
Thx sparr for defending my mod, everything sparr said is true. There is a topic on this forum about that.
Lenovo Y580 8GB Ram GF660m 128GB SSD W7

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

sparr wrote:
slay_mithos wrote:I am sad to report that the mod doesn't quite work with 0.9.2, it makes my game crash when I try to load a game, even a newly generated and just saved/loaded right at the start.

I have no clue about what does that, so I can't help fixing it, and that's sad, because it was a very decent mod, when playing with the hard mobs of DyTech, and F-mod helping with alien researches.
Any mod that has new GUI elements causes crashing on load with 0.9.2. This bug is acknowledged and will be fixed in 0.9.3
Do you mean that topic?
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =30&t=2715

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

Yes

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.x] AdvancedEquipment v0.3.2

Post by darius456 »

Next update is out there in 1st post. There was a few minor changes that apply to gui and code. And of course this version is 100% compatible to factorio v0.9.3.

Any ideas what can I add to this mod :?:

Could anybody explain how to create post that contain this element:

Have a nice day/night

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Code: Select all

[spoiler=Next version spoiler][/spoiler]
Next version spoiler

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

If you want inspiration, I had an idea that might get to the core someday, but It would probably need the modding changes.
Some kind of equipment, that would keep up to X of guarding biters following you and helping in the fight :)

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

As an FYI, I changed a few things on the mod to make it play better with 0.9.3, UI wise.

If you wish, I can upload the files I changed (and the one I added for custom subgroups), just say it.

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

kovarex wrote:If you want inspiration, I had an idea that might get to the core someday, but It would probably need the modding changes.
Some kind of equipment, that would keep up to X of guarding biters following you and helping in the fight :)
I have thought about that but I don't know how to force biters to fallow me (player) and how force my biters to attack enemies.
* - "and how force my biters to attack enemies." never mind biters with game.forces.player will automatically attack enemies biters. But still don't know how to force bitters to fallow me. Any help... kovarex?

I have thought about that few more minutes and I thing that I know how to do that, but please answear me for one question. How to check if item name xxx is inside my body armor?
slay_mithos wrote:As an FYI, I changed a few things on the mod to make it play better with 0.9.3, UI wise.

If you wish, I can upload the files I changed (and the one I added for custom subgroups), just say it.
FYI?? Explain please.
I would be grateful for your help, maybe I will learn something, and of course if your changes are "make it play better with 0.9.3, UI wise." and you agree I will implement it to mod.
You can simply mail it to me... I will send email via pm.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

For the 'follow', you could cheat the game by removing their 'attack', and telling them to hunt the player.

Not sure it would be any good though, because you would end up having them swarming you when you stop, making your life a pain when building, or trying to access chests.

Not to mention that you would need to always have cars in your inventory, in case they decide to swarm around your car while you are driving.

Maybe you could change that to some kind of defender robots, like those from the capsules, but feeding on your power armour's energy.
That would make much more sense, and might be way easier to do, as the only difference with the actual defender bots is that they take energy and don't time out.

Just my two cents.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. The behavior of the biters needs to be exchanged. In an object oriented context it means exchanging the class, which controls the behavior.

I think there needs to be many experiments because of two reasons:
- controlling many soon gets performance critical. It should be avoided to control all/many via lua.
- there are general behaviors like "go to X, if there is Y then change to behavior A, else behavior B"

I think things are needed:
1. Changing a behavior of something possible via lua
2. An experimental behavior, where everything can be controlled via lua (I think something like that must be already existing)
3. A kind of specialized PL where you can replace parts of of #2 with faster functions. Like "if there is a sound, go to that location, attack enemies on the way to that point, then search within radius of sight for enemy-type, if there is enemy change behavior to fight, after fight repeat search. If nothing found, return to starting point."
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

Please, advise how to fix that:
I just want to set the condition for the smart inserter, but that is impossible due to the bug.

Possible solution: to move your items to a different sub-category.
But I don't know how to do that :(

DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRBLN »

I fixed it by adding a subgroup

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

DRBLN wrote:Please, advise how to fix that:
I just want to set the condition for the smart inserter, but that is impossible due to the bug.

Possible solution: to move your items to a different sub-category.
But I don't know how to do that :(
Will be fixed in next version... I thing this night i will upload it.

Already posted a new version in 1st post. Bug discovered by slay_mithos and DRBLN was fixed. :)

ficolas thx for spoiler :mrgreen:

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

DRBLN wrote:I fixed it by adding a subgroup
Funny thing being that it's exactly what I sent him by e-mail, all the equipments put into two new subgroups to keep things clean-ish.

Elijah
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.x] AdvancedEquipment v0.3.3

Post by Elijah »

Thank you for fixing it. Now my Very-HighVery-High-Rich gamemode sounds possible again ! :)

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

It... Translate to Russian
Attachments
AdvEquipRU.rar
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

LightSand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LightSand »

Спасибо (Thanks).

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

Vitduo wrote:It... Translate to Russian
I will merge it with my mod in next version, unless you don't agree?

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

I agree, of course ;)

SpencerS145
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SpencerS145 »

EDIT: Wow, I really did not think this post through well enough. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience I've burdened on you all.
Last edited by SpencerS145 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods”