Topics and discussion about specific mods
bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Flare Stack v1.2.0

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Here the German (de) translation.

--------------------------------------------

I wonder if an ingame item/entity description would help in understanding what each stack does.

Code: Select all

[entity-description]
vent-stack=Vents the incoming volatile gases (such as liquefied air) into the atmosphere.
flare-stack=Burns combustible liquids and gases (such as light oil) causing moderate pollution.
incinerator=Burns items using coal or solid fuel causing heavy pollution.
electric-incinerator=Burns items using electric energy causing heavy pollution.
If you decide to add the descriptions I will create translations for them as well.

---------------------------------------

I haven't had time to test it, but how do burnable items behave with the incinerator? (Wood, wood pulp. small electric pole etc)
Do they give extra power to destroy other items or are they neutral?
Because it does not make sense to use fuel to burn something that is flammable on its own.
Attachments
de.cfg
German (de) translation
(145 Bytes) Downloaded 156 times

Imperum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Imperum »

GotLag wrote:Have a look in data-final-fixes.lua

Energy is how long each batch takes to process, amount is how much fluid is destroyed in each batch.
Thankyou! That did the trick.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

If you give me translated descriptions I'd be happy to put them in.
bNarFProfCrazy wrote:I haven't had time to test it, but how do burnable items behave with the incinerator? (Wood, wood pulp. small electric pole etc)
Do they give extra power to destroy other items or are they neutral?
Because it does not make sense to use fuel to burn something that is flammable on its own.
Items with a fuel value can be incinerated, but inserters will not automatically put them in to the incineration slot, only the fuel slot. They do not provide any extra power or use less fuel when being incinerated. This is because energy consumption (per second) is set in the incinerator entity definition, not in the recipe - meaning that the only way to reduce the energy/fuel cost to destroy an item/liquid is to increase the rate at which it's destroyed.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Okay, here the German (de) translation with entity descriptions.
Attachments
de.cfg
German (de) translation
(632 Bytes) Downloaded 159 times

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Is this mod getting updated to 0.13? Pretty please!!! :P

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x, 0.13.x] Flare Stack

Post by GotLag »

Updated to 0.13, sorry for the delay.

heph
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[BUG REPORT] Flare Stack 2.0.1

Post by heph »

Mod version: 2.0.1
Factorio Version: 0.14.21

problem: Electric Incinerator requires fuel + electricity, this is invalid (supposed to use Electricity instead of fuel (coal etc) )

Per your description:

Incinerator - uses coal or solid fuel to destroy any item
Electric Incinerator - like the incinerator only using copious power instead of fuel

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

I've just tested it and the electric incinerator works fine on my end. Perhaps a conflict with another mod?

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Mods ruined :(

Bobs Pollution Modules don't seem to effect the stacks output.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15] Flare Stack

Post by GotLag »

As of the 0.15 release, there are no more special lists of flammable/ventable fluids or gases. All fluids can be flared or vented, and incinerators now dispose of solid items only.

The extra effort and complexity of defining which fluids had to be dealt with by which stack wasn't justified. The difference between flare stack and gas vent is purely cosmetic now.

undarl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by undarl »

I was testing some things today and noticed that the smoke from the fueled incinerator was way out to the left of the entity.

Changing the position value on the smoke from {0.0, -4} to {4.0, 0} fixed it, which was odd -- I would have expected position to use {x, y} offsets.

Can anyone else confirm the problem and fix, or is something bizarre going on with my setup?

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

undarl wrote:I was testing some things today and noticed that the smoke from the fueled incinerator was way out to the left of the entity.

Changing the position value on the smoke from {0.0, -4} to {4.0, 0} fixed it, which was odd -- I would have expected position to use {x, y} offsets.

Can anyone else confirm the problem and fix, or is something bizarre going on with my setup?
It shows up in the correct position for me, what graphical settings are you using?

undarl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by undarl »

GotLag wrote: It shows up in the correct position for me, what graphical settings are you using?
Linux machine, windowed, clouds off, everything after "Wait for Vsync" is checked, high rez and high vmem usage, 4096 texture size. I've also tried toggling each of those and changing rez/vmem/texture size. No change. The other Flare Stack entities display their smoke or flames with no issues -- only the fueled incinerator is a problem child.

I am perfectly willing to believe that this is the result of graphical weirdness on my end or some kind of freakish mod interaction. It's trivial for me to work around. I just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced it.

Should I figure out what's causing it, I'll let you know. :)

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Oh, I'm an idiot. It's because I'm only specifying the one smoke emission point, and that rotates with the entity. I'm fixing it now.

undarl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by undarl »

GotLag wrote:Oh, I'm an idiot. It's because I'm only specifying the one smoke emission point, and that rotates with the entity. I'm fixing it now.
Oooo. Tricksy. I look forward to seeing the fix.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Fixed. The solution is to remove the position entry in the smoke definition and replace it with north_position, south_position, east_position and west_position.

While I was at it, I also changed the incinerator recipe generation, so it's no longer possible to incinerate chemical fuel (eg wood, coal, etc). This is because in 0.15 inserters will now put these items into the input slot as well as the fuel slot, so if you tried to fuel an incinerator automatically it would cheerfully destroy as much fuel as it could.

If people desire it I may look at a way to allow incinerating certain fuel items, but I'd like to find a better way than explicitly white/black-listing, in order to be as compatible as possible with other mods.

undarl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by undarl »

GotLag wrote:Fixed. The solution is to remove the position entry in the smoke definition and replace it with north_position, south_position, east_position and west_position.
Makes sense. Thanks for both the quick fix and the contribution to my continuing mod education. :)
While I was at it, I also changed the incinerator recipe generation, so it's no longer possible to incinerate chemical fuel (eg wood, coal, etc). This is because in 0.15 inserters will now put these items into the input slot as well as the fuel slot, so if you tried to fuel an incinerator automatically it would cheerfully destroy as much fuel as it could.
It sure will. I was making use of that property while testing. Good change for actual usage, though.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

GotLag wrote:While I was at it, I also changed the incinerator recipe generation, so it's no longer possible to incinerate chemical fuel (eg wood, coal, etc). This is because in 0.15 inserters will now put these items into the input slot as well as the fuel slot, so if you tried to fuel an incinerator automatically it would cheerfully destroy as much fuel as it could.

If people desire it I may look at a way to allow incinerating certain fuel items, but I'd like to find a better way than explicitly white/black-listing, in order to be as compatible as possible with other mods.
Please add at least a recipe for wood, as I need a way to dispose of tons of wood in my factories. Another alternative would be adding a new flare stack just for fuel.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Here are the German (de) Translations for your mod.
Attachments
locale.cfg
German (de) translations.
(146 Bytes) Downloaded 132 times

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:Here are the German (de) Translations for your mod.
Added.
bNarFProfCrazy wrote:Please add at least a recipe for wood, as I need a way to dispose of tons of wood in my factories. Another alternative would be adding a new flare stack just for fuel.
The recipe generation algorithm now compares chemical fuel values with coal, and adds those that have less energy. So you can burn wood, planks, wooden chests and wooden poles again.

Return to “Mods”