[MOD 0.14.x] Water maze

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Water maze

Post by Bizobinator »

orzelek wrote:@aaargha
It's a good hack since it works :) I might add it to RSO if there are more people interested in out of the box compatibilty.

@swni
Chunk generation gets a bit more complex because it's async.
Steps I planned were:
1. Generate the ore patch and store it's layout (quite a big table sadly but required due to determinism and stuff ;)
2. Check all the chunks under it plus 1 chunk radius (to move the patch if there is to much water)
3. If all of the chunks are up then place the patch, if not then call gen request for them and add patch to queue.
4. In on_tick check chunks periodically and when all are ready then place the patch.

One of the issues with this is that RSO has a bit of spaghetti in it and is not fully prepared for this. I'm planning a cleanup with new rng's in 0.15 (and hoping I can store them in lua table in global) so with that I'd split properly the gen code from spawning code and have more freedom to add queue.

I'd love to see this kind of capability added to RSO! :D. Something that could generate true continents, archipelagos, even without the rail-connections to use with ships or water rail thingies.

porthos3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by porthos3 »

Any chance this might be updated to work with 0.15?

I am getting the following when I try to create a world with this scenario:

Code: Select all

...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:3: ...pData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/config.lua:1: module patterns/patterns not found;  no such file C:/Users/porthos3/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/patterns/patterns.lua no such file C:/Users/porthos3/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/patterns/patterns.lua no such file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/patterns/patterns.lua

swni
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by swni »

porthos3 wrote:Any chance this might be updated to work with 0.15?

I am getting the following when I try to create a world with this scenario:

Code: Select all

...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:3: ...pData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/config.lua:1: module patterns/patterns not found;  no such file C:/Users/porthos3/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/patterns/patterns.lua no such file C:/Users/porthos3/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/patterns/patterns.lua no such file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/patterns/patterns.lua
It will be updated to 0.15 eventually, but I am currently occupied with non-Factorio matters.

I'm not sure what could be causing that error. It sounds like the patterns.lua file is missing; maybe delete the Water Maze mod and re-download the latest version from the mod portal? Also, the file paths in the error message seem wrong since I would have thought they'd have the name and version of the mod in them; do other Factorio mods work?

Return to “Mods”