[MOD 0.12.35] Logistics Railway 1.0.8

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.35] Logistics Railway 1.0.8

Post by Supercheese »

EmperorZelos wrote:Is there a version for 13?
Sadly not. It's tricky to find a good way to get this mod to work with the new train loading conditions in 0.13 (wait until full/empty etc.)

operations
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by operations »

Hmm ... just read on the lua page whats new. I understand that they have added in many things and that the problems have to regard the requester rail. Maybe its possible to get it working with a schedule trick =>

train arrives
fetch schedule and store
set schedule to manual or possibly new state (new hidden schedule option logistic railway loading)
let timer run in background for time dependency
listen to signal if circuit (this seems to be the trickiest imo)
... or full
if condition is met (time, signal, dummy fully loaded) delete schedule retrieve orignal one and apply... voila :)

Thinking on how much time I spent on the little filter thingy only writing this list gives me headaches haha...

Well I really hope that you can pull it off, because without this mod and blueprint string I simply deny to play this game anymore (so sick of these train loading bullshit). I wonder why they didnt implement something like this from the start.

Greetz
operations

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

I actually find that the new schedule interface & conditions, combined with the new Stack Inserters greatly enhance train loading/unloading in 0.13.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I'd like to use something like this for keeping my supply train loaded with supplies for outposts (so make it a requester chest and give it a fixed waiting time). If we ignore the train wait conditions, is it still feasible to make this mod work on 0.14?
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

klh_js
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by klh_js »

I managed to get the mod kind-of working on 0.14 - maciek134/Logistics-Railway (can't post URLs yet), if you accept pull requests I can just push the code to you after I make it work completely.

By kind-of I mean it runs and provider rails work, didn't test anything else. Plus schedules don't work, but I already have an idea how to fix that.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

klh_js wrote:I managed to get the mod kind-of working on 0.14 - maciek134/Logistics-Railway (can't post URLs yet), if you accept pull requests I can just push the code to you after I make it work completely.

By kind-of I mean it runs and provider rails work, didn't test anything else. Plus schedules don't work, but I already have an idea how to fix that.
Sounds great, go ahead and submit it on Github. :)

klh_js
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by klh_js »

Just did. Also by using

Code: Select all

.setbar(0)
on dummy chests for requesters I managed to remove the need for dummy items in there (they were pissing me off since I always play with extended info on).

KiwiSensei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KiwiSensei »

DarkHelmet wrote:
saberus wrote:I'm having trouble with the requester rails as well.
Locomotives pull up to the stop to load up on fuel but the bots never deliver.
I've always tried requesting fuel to put in the cargo wagons, but that doesn't work either..

http://imgur.com/e953jR0
It only works for cargo wagons, not engines. What happens is that while a train is running on schedule, the cargo wagon contents are exchanged with an invisible logistics chest. The moment the train starts to move or the schedule is paused, it gets moved back again. If the trains are not in run mode, or you drove them there manually, nothing will happen.
This doesn't seem to match the "You can even use Requester Rails to automatically fuel up your locomotives!" part of the mod, which was added before this inquiry was made which sort of invalidates DarkHelmet's answer to begin with.
Anyway I don't mean to necro with my first post ever on the forum but I came here looking for a solution to the exact same problem, I request coal to the locomotive and nothing happens no matter where in the logistics system I place it, and I make sure the train goes to the station on auto to trigger the logistics, and that it has less items in the fuel slots than the requested amount. Not sure what else to try here, description made it sound like I could just set it to have like 50 coal and it'd always fill up if it arrived with <50.

Return to “Mods”