[MOD 0.12.35] Logistics Railway 1.0.8

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29] Logistics Railway 1.0.6

Post by Vas »

I don't know how this happened or why, but it seems to have permanently locked the train wagon when my friend somehow broke it. I guess he paniced and destroyed the rail while it had stuff in it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/teuw3myefkn20 ... 7.png?dl=0 <- Invisible invulnerable permanent storage entity on the ground.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/khk7in3sdck9g ... 9.png?dl=0 <- The entity has storage. Also exploitable because enemies can't kill this.

---------------
Also, your mod is incompatible with bob's mods. It can not see his MK2 cargo wagons. He has said you can fix this like so:
[12:12:29 PM] Bobing About: all they have to do is check for entity.type == "cargo-wagon" instead of entity.name == "cargo-wagon"

This will make it compatible with any mod that adds cargo wagons, I believe.
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Vas wrote:I don't know how this happened or why, but it seems to have permanently locked the train wagon when my friend somehow broke it. I guess he paniced and destroyed the rail while it had stuff in it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/teuw3myefkn20 ... 7.png?dl=0 <- Invisible invulnerable permanent storage entity on the ground.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/khk7in3sdck9g ... 9.png?dl=0 <- The entity has storage. Also exploitable because enemies can't kill this.

---------------
Also, your mod is incompatible with bob's mods. It can not see his MK2 cargo wagons. He has said you can fix this like so:
[12:12:29 PM] Bobing About: all they have to do is check for entity.type == "cargo-wagon" instead of entity.name == "cargo-wagon"

This will make it compatible with any mod that adds cargo wagons, I believe.
Thanks for that bug report, indeed when a wagon is destroyed the invisible chest remains; I'll fix that in the next version.

As for your second point, the mod is currently checking for type == "cargo-wagon". I specifically tested with Bob's upgraded wagons and it works just fine...

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

As for your second point, the mod is currently checking for type == "cargo-wagon". I specifically tested with Bob's upgraded wagons and it works just fine...
Strange, I wonder why my logistic bots weren't taking stuff from the train then. I wonder if per chance it had something to do with the entity? Like, when I first opened the entity, it had red slots over most of its storage and it was the same storage amount as the MK1 wagon. However, I put an MK2 wagon there after a while, upgrading the wagon. So perhaps when I first tested it with an MK1 wagon, it locked to the MK1 value and wouldn't' accept the MK2? I dunno. I will try again today, I can always invite you to the server so you can see for yourself if you want. I'm having issues figuring out how to use logistic rails right now to do what I want without flooding my network. :P
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.

Galacticruler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Galacticruler »

The Requester Rail is throwing out exceptions revolving around attempting to index "dummy_requester"(?) a nil value?
PC is best.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Galacticruler wrote:The Requester Rail is throwing out exceptions revolving around attempting to index "dummy_requester"(?) a nil value?
Are you also using a recent version of Squeak Through? I've identified a bug when you use both of them together which will also be fixed in the next version.

If you need to fix this in the meantime, go into Squeak Through and disable its manipulation of "logistic-container" collision boxes by commenting out the appropriate line (line 15).

Galacticruler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Galacticruler »

Supercheese wrote:
Galacticruler wrote:The Requester Rail is throwing out exceptions revolving around attempting to index "dummy_requester"(?) a nil value?
Are you also using a recent version of Squeak Through? I've identified a bug when you use both of them together which will also be fixed in the next version.

If you need to fix this in the meantime, go into Squeak Through and disable its manipulation of "logistic-container" collision boxes by commenting out the appropriate line (line 15).
Thank you for the fix. It was actually when I parked a train on a length of requesters to reset the cars I'd just laid down on them the first wagon was already full though.
PC is best.

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

I must have put my rails in the wrong spot, trains suck in this game with different alignments. They shrink vertically...

Galacticruler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Galacticruler »

Vas wrote:I must have put my rails in the wrong spot, trains suck in this game with different alignments. They shrink vertically...
remember that next update they'll be one rail segment further apart when vertical.
PC is best.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.31] Logistics Railway 1.0.7

Post by Supercheese »

Version 1.0.7 released, which contains the fix for the bug reported by Vas. See the first post for full changelog and download.

Elifre
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Elifre »

Any chance of this being compatible with 5dim trains in the future? Electric trains are great, and logistics rails are too, but it's sad that you can't have both.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Elifre wrote:Any chance of this being compatible with 5dim trains in the future? Electric trains are great, and logistics rails are too, but it's sad that you can't have both.
I'm not sure, but I believe you can use the electric train stuff along with regular cargo wagons and Logistics Rails could work -- it's just the special 5Dim Logistics Wagons that aren't compatible -- but I haven't tested thouroughly so I am not certain.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i can turn the rail only 45 degree left or right - no straight rail possible.
I don't read this in the past posts anywhere so i don't know if it's related to another mod but can't imagine it.

Greetings steinio
Attachments
Logistic Railway.png
Logistic Railway.png (71.82 KiB) Viewed 6127 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

steinio wrote:Hello,

i can turn the rail only 45 degree left or right - no straight rail possible.
I don't read this in the past posts anywhere so i don't know if it's related to another mod but can't imagine it.

Greetings steinio
This is covered in the first post (and the Readme):
Supercheese wrote:Logistics rails can only be placed horizontally or vertically. You really wouldn't want to make a diagonal loading/unloading station anyway... would you?
It is possible to get stuck in a diagonal building mode, however, if you grab some regular Straight Rails, rotate them diagonally, then immediately grab some Logistics Rails.
If this happens to you, fret not, for if you try to place a Logistics Rail diagonally, the mod will automatically return you to orthoganal rail placement.
So, just try and build it and it should get fixed automagically ;).

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Thanks, helped.

People read normaly no tutorials or similiar texts. :p

View unread Posts

kenzierocks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kenzierocks »

Would it be possible for you to allow the rails to work with the locomotive as well? I'd like to automatically load coal in with the same system.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

kenzierocks wrote:Would it be possible for you to allow the rails to work with the locomotive as well? I'd like to automatically load coal in with the same system.
Hmm, I suppose this is possible. It might break some refueling-features of SmartTrains, but I'll try adding it and see how things go.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Supercheese wrote:Hmm, I suppose this is possible. It might break some refueling-features of SmartTrains, but I'll try adding it and see how things go.
Version 1.0.8 now released.

Changes:
  • You can now mine (i.e. pick up) wagons while they are interacting with Logistics Rails.
  • Locomotives can now be automatically fueled up using Requester Rails. Please be careful to only request valid fuel items into locomotives, as all non-fuel items that cannot be inserted into locomotives will be destroyed. Also note that locomotives cannot use the other three types of rail.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Supercheese wrote:
kenzierocks wrote:Would it be possible for you to allow the rails to work with the locomotive as well? I'd like to automatically load coal in with the same system.
Hmm, I suppose this is possible. It might break some refueling-features of SmartTrains, but I'll try adding it and see how things go.

Thanks.
This time i read the postings instead of writing my appeal and i would appreciate a working requester rail with locomotives.

Good job so far.

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

KitsuneSamurai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.33] Logistics Railway 1.0.8

Post by KitsuneSamurai »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does this have any issues when used with 8L trains?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.33] Logistics Railway 1.0.8

Post by Supercheese »

KitsuneSamurai wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before, but does this have any issues when used with 8L trains?
It should work fine with the 8L Train Project.

Return to “Mods”