[MOD 0.12.x] K&L Inserters

Topics and discussion about specific mods
lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] K&L Inserters

Post by lyravega »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:1. Is v0.2.4 the version that has the fix you mentioned?

2. With v0.13 your mod will work better because of something the developers added?
1- Yep, 0.2.4 has that fix.

2- I heard inserters will get some love on v0.13, if they are getting what I expect then yes. Though I'm not exactly sure what the changes are, waiting for 0.13 to pop up on beta branch on Steam. But if it is what I am expecting, It will also probably fix the issues with blueprints, and hopefully make my workarounds no-longer-necessary!

Derpdiherp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Derpdiherp »

Really awesome mod, I went ahead and made a spotlight on it if you'd like to have a look
https://youtu.be/l4rluKrowXA
I hope later down the line it becomes possible to make each inserter a single entity, since having so many candle inserters clogs up the test mode menu, but that's really my only complaint :)

Mossarelli
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mossarelli »

Bug:

If two players place K&L inserters at the same time, using the UI for pickup and insert, the two inserters will switch place, and then if you remove or edit the inserter the server will crash.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi lyravega
How to open K&L interface without removing inserter?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

aklesey1 wrote:Hi lyravega
How to open K&L interface without removing inserter?
Rotate it :)
Mossarelli wrote:Bug:

If two players place K&L inserters at the same time, using the UI for pickup and insert, the two inserters will switch place, and then if you remove or edit the inserter the server will crash.
Ok this is somewhat disturbing. I thought we've tested placing stuff at the same time with my friend. Are you using the last version? I think I may know what is causing the problem, but not sure. Will try to reproduce it
Derpdiherp wrote:Really awesome mod, I went ahead and made a spotlight on it if you'd like to have a look
https://youtu.be/l4rluKrowXA
I hope later down the line it becomes possible to make each inserter a single entity, since having so many candle inserters clogs up the test mode menu, but that's really my only complaint :)
Thanks. Yeah, that's my only complaint too, and I hope something on the API allows me to make it just a single entity.

tekbot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tekbot »

First off thanks for the cool Mod.

A couple of friends and I started playing together and came across this error( /crash ):
1418.905 Error Util.cpp:58: Error while running the event handler: __K&L-Inserters__/control.lua:117: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.

Dedicated Server
Factorio 0.12.29
K%L Inserters 0.2.4

To produce it one player placed an Inserter and started configuring it, another player destroyed the placed inserter and the first player tried to accept the configuration dialog.

If youd like i could also post it on the Github Repo instead.

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

tekbot wrote:To produce it one player placed an Inserter and started configuring it, another player destroyed the placed inserter and the first player tried to accept the configuration dialog
Hey tekbot. Thanks, and this can also be produced on single-player, I noticed it the other day; if you zoom in enough, you can destroy the inserter you are trying to reconfigure. Trying to find solutions for some other problems before I push an update.

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

I've pushed the 0.2.5 to the github as I'm testing for some other bugs which I cannot seem to produce. I'd like to fix whatever I can before I upload it here because I think if I had uploaded a new version each day after each new addition/fix/etc... it'd be annoying for people. So you can grab it from there while I try to track down the other reported problem(s).

So far, there are just a few changes:
-Fixed "invalid entity" bug that occured whenever the inserter you were reconfiguring was removed by you/someone else. Need to test if someone replaces it with another inserter type though.
-Fixed a bug and an annoyance related to advanced inserters
-Increased advanced inserter speeds by 25%

You can grab it from https://github.com/lyravega/candleInser ... /wip-0.2.5 - download it as ZIP, extract it, then rename the folder to K&L-Inserters_0.2.5 and put it in your data folder. I wish I had some things on the API that I could use to avoid making my own workarounds :) Also, thanks for the bug reports!

By the way, I found a way to make construction robots work with candle inserter blueprints, but I think I won't be adding that. Because it is yet another workaround, and probably is prone to even more bugs.

And lastly, a question; should the rotation speeds be slower for a configuration that looks like an > / V / L instead of a vanilla I (for example)? Asking this question as you can make your candle inserters work faster by setting a > instead of a I when transporting items between two belts for example. To put my question in other words, should a > configuration work as fast as a I configuration? Or should the rotation speeds stay as they are, since there is no logic behind a different configuration causes an inserter to rotate slower aside from balance reasons?
Last edited by lyravega on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tekbot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tekbot »

aaand were back.

Thanks for the quick response.

unfortunately i cannot send PM's (yet), so ill have to abuse this thread instead.

I dont run the dedicated server we play on, so that would have to wait until tonight/tomorrow. I would be happy to assist though, so if you want we could try it out.

I sent you a friend-request on steam (zoom), since a public thread is not the best place for direct communication or echanign ips :P
Otherwise well just have to wait and see.

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

No problem, I think I'll be able to test some multiplayer stuff this evening with my friend. I tested it on solo as I've said, you could've removed the inserter you were configuring before you hit accept, and it'd result in the same bug - it is fixed now.

The other thing I need to test with my friend is, replacing an inserter while it is being configured by someone else. Three things may occur: if you replace it with a "different-handed" one, you'll see another bug. Or, if you replace it with another "same-handed" inserter, it'd be reconfigured instead. Or nothing will happen. I hope latter will happen... or nothing will happen, that is.

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

Me and Kordy managed to track down and eliminate 4-5 different bugs successfully. Still testing for further bugs, but it seems the wip-0.2.5 build is as stable as 0.2.1 now. So far everything looks in order.

dtoxic
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dtoxic »

is there a way to get back the burner inserter with mod?

great mod btw keep it up :)

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

Thanks!

Burner inserters, nah. I ignored them on purpose, since they're more of a starter tech and after placing 3-5 you probably won't place another ever again. I can always add them in, but they are more of a vanity after first few minutes of the game :)

dtoxic
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dtoxic »

lyravega wrote:Thanks!

Burner inserters, nah. I ignored them on purpose, since they're more of a starter tech and after placing 3-5 you probably won't place another ever again. I can always add them in, but they are more of a vanity after first few minutes of the game :)
well i do like using them a lot (burner addict i guess :D)

can you tell me how can i insert them on my own? no need to update or change the mod if you don't feel like it

it's just my personal preference

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

I'll make another branch on github and link you there later on :)

dtoxic
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dtoxic »

lyravega wrote:I'll make another branch on github and link you there later on :)
hey man, appreciate it thx :)

lyravega
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by lyravega »

Alright 0.2.5 out. Mostly includes multiplayer fixes, may have desync issues but it should be much more stable. Work isn't finished yet though, as I've learned a few stuff related to the API, but haven't implemented them yet. Anyway, have fun!

Kigo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kigo »

not loaded on the version 0.12.29
Attachments
6456546546.jpg
6456546546.jpg (75.85 KiB) Viewed 6841 times

_cdecl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter