Topics and discussion about specific mods
monty
Inserter
Inserter

[mod 0.12.20] Electrochemical energy

Post by monty »

Type: Mod
Name: Electro-chemical energy
Description: This is a mod that expands the control over the power production and transfer by allowing player to store energy into battery's.
License: Public domain
Version: 0.0.1
Release: 15-02-2016
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.20
Category: Crafting,energy
Tags: accumulators, energy, battery
Download-Url:
electrochem_0.0.1.rar
(187.16 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
LONG DESCRIPTION
Detailed DESCRIPTION
Mod Basics

Mod details : Plz visit the summery before reading these segments for greater ease of understanding.Aimed for those who want to know how mod works.
Basic Functioning
working principle

Summery

ToDo
Side note
Thanks

VERSION HISTORY
Declaration
LICENSE
Last edited by monty on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maudlin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [mod 0.12.20] Electrochemical energy

Post by Maudlin »

Hello Monty,
I had a chance to check out your mod, but it seems a few things are missing. the mod is broken for me right form the start. looking in the lua files it seems there is a misplaced recipe category for the battery items. if you look at the items in game under "made in" its blank, so they are made no where, and are not hand craftable. so i had to edited some in to test. and i really like this concept. I like the option of shipping batteries by belt, rail or robot. it gives factory builders designers options, and i like options. keep up the good work. hopefully a 0.2 comes round so i can load and use in my games, thanks :D

monty
Inserter
Inserter

Post by monty »

Hi,
Thanks for your replay and finding the fault. I wanted to finish the mod and release it as soon as possible as i wanted to release some more mods before march.I will be inactive for some time after march, so i waned atleast the skeleton version out, so that others can work upon it if they like .

There might be some things missing in my mods, but i have checked their functioning before posting them.
However i have focused more the mechanics rather than other parts (like graphics,production) (i have used TEST MOD TO get items and them tested them.)

So bugs like this one were left unnoticed.
I am sorry for ruining the thrill, cause i know how disappointed one feels when they are looking to try something and it doesn't works.

However, if you try the test mod you should get the jest of it.

I have just released the dynamic energy mod, and after this i am hoping to release dynamic turrets .(if i can make it in time)
dynamic turrets
If i make it in time, i will revisit all my mods, and properly check them, thoroughly inspecting every aspect. Adding some artwork and re balancing them.

If you like energy mods, try out dynamic energy, you will enjoy it.

Thanks again for the response, really appreciated .

I hope i can keep up with your expectations.

By the way i have updated the file again after removing the error

monty
Inserter
Inserter

Post by monty »

sorry about the incorrect file.

Let me know what else needs changing

monty
Inserter
Inserter

Post by monty »

This is what tier representation looks like

monty
Inserter
Inserter

Post by monty »

Hi,
If anyone has any remark or review , please share it.

I have made these mod to add upon other mods, and enhance the game play. But for some time, i will be discontinuing from the posts.
During this time please share your views.Anyone who finds anything that needs changing, please go ahead and do so.Also feel free to develop upon them.

They might have some issues ,due to the rush to share them(i had very small amount of time to make them), but they have all been tried, so they can be worked with.

I hope you all enjoy them.
See you again after a while.

Bye

Dariel92
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dariel92 »

Ru: Я пробовал запустить игру с этим модом, но после запуска он даже в списке активных модов не появился. Пробовал и на версии 0.12.30 и на версии 0.12.21
EN: I tried to run the game with this mod, but after starting it even in the list of active mods has not appeared. Tried and on version 0.12.30 and version 0.12.21

Return to “Mods”