[MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Topics and discussion about specific mods
lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.35] ExtraChests v0.1.5 (Addon Shine Bobsmod)

Post by lenny27g »

qjm123 wrote:Hi guys, sorry for the delay once again, life always manages to take over my time and it is becoming a standard in me, I am afraid :?

Not yet tried 0.13 Factorio, not checked bob's update and really happy that lenny27g got it updated! Thanks a lot!

I will have a look at it tonight and see what changes Factorio 0.13 introduced and bob's... and lenny27g and see if there is anything else I should add.

Thanks for you kind messages guys :)
Glad you are back!

As a summary of things that 0.13 and bob have added/changed that affect the mod (as well as what I have changed with the mod):
  • Basic no longer prefixes items and their entities. I fixed this.
  • Underground belt entities are no longer named 'transport-belt-to-ground' simply 'underground-belt'. I fixed this.
  • Smart inserters are now filter inserters (entity name as well). I half fixed this. I made your express smart inserters require the updated entity name and changed the tech and inserter names to say filter, but left the entity names for your items as smart-inserter.
  • Smart chests no longer exist. Logistic chests use steel chests now. I updated your logistic chest recipes to match. I left the recipe for the smart tungsten chest, though it should be removed.
  • There appeared to be a problem when disabling titanium and tungsten chests in the config where the recipe would add without checking to see if it is actually enabled. I fixed this.
  • Filter inserters are now purple and stack inserters are now green. Bob said he would be modifying his colors to match the game. You shouldn't need to change anything.
  • Bob has added water mining pumpjacks. Might want to tier color those at some point.
  • As you are already aware bob has his own tiered radar. Would be nice if you updated your tiered colors to affect his radar as well.
  • Bob has added intermediates to combat robots. They have robot brains and arms like logistic robots. The brains look like his logistic ones and the arms all look the same. Tiering these the same as you did for logistics robots would be awesome. Also, the intermediates are spread all over the place. He has the brains and arms in one section, yet the robot (which actually is not usable because it is deployed by capsule and thus is technically an intermediate) in the combat section taking up space as a usable item. I don't yet fully understand your layout overrides yet, so I didn't change anything there.
I think that's everything that has changed that affects your addon. Might have missed some though.

Also, any plans to change module board icons so they aren't big weird square things? That would be cool ;)

Thanks for your addon again, and happy to see you. I can understand life taking up time, I have modded many games in the past where people have relied on me for updates yet I just can't get them done for weeks. Sometimes people get annoyed, but your own life is definitely a priority.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Sadly 0.1.6 can't be added to an existing world I get this error:
http://imgur.com/8v4stJI

This world was created with 0.13.4, using all of bob's mods (minus bob's electronics). Creating a new world works fine. Bummer, I already have 18 hours into this world.

These textures should really be in the base mod pack. Has anyone ever asked why he doesn't use them?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

You can bypass that error for now by deleting the lua file in the migration folder. or possibly turning the sodium hydroxide recipes off in config.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Nexela wrote:You can bypass that error for now by deleting the lua file in the migration folder. or possibly turning the sodium hydroxide recipes off in config.
That fixed it. I assume all that file is only for updating from old worlds made on old versions of Factorio?
Last edited by Tyrindor on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Tyrindor wrote:That fixed it. I assume all that file is only for updating from old worlds made on old versions of Factorio?
In a nutshell

Basically if you have already learned the technology needed for the new recipe before adding the mod the recipe doesn't get enabled.\

The migration is for the extra sodium hydroxides and void pumps so if you delete the migration these recipes won't get automatically enabled in existing saves.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

lenny27g wrote: extra_chests_titanium_tungsten being false - problem is now fixed, my previous post has been updated to fix the problem
Thank you! Go figure I would use a mod named Extra Chests and not use the extra chests :)
addon-functions line 51 and 76 - seems to be laser projectile recoloring for bobs lasers. I don't exactly know how to fix the conflict since I don't know that mod, commenting out should have no adverse effects though
I should have expanded on this. Any chance for a config for enabling and disabling this option?
save game won't crash because of sodium hydroxide - isn't that a good thing?
Ooops that should have read Save game won't load ......
See the previous posts from above about migration issue

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also noticed another change somewhere

Nickel/sulfuric acid recipe is missing and I have duplicate Nickle/Sulfur dioxides, One in the Fluids tab and one in the Metals Tab.

Also - Fill and Empty Nitric Acid barrels are not located correctly

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

Nexela wrote:Also noticed another change somewhere

Nickel/sulfuric acid recipe is missing and I have duplicate Nickle/Sulfur dioxides, One in the Fluids tab and one in the Metals Tab.

Also - Fill and Empty Nitric Acid barrels are not located correctly
Bob removed nickel/sulfuric acid recipes, it is now nickel to sulfur dioxide. The duplicate recipes were added by the addon author I believe, so that you can find either recipe (say if you want to primarily make nickel, or primarily sulfuric acid).
Also oops forgot he added those barrels. I'll update it once I figure out how to relocate those. Takes a bit of time to understand the layout of bobsmods and the extrachests mod.
Nexela wrote:
lenny27g wrote:
addon-functions line 51 and 76 - seems to be laser projectile recoloring for bobs lasers. I don't exactly know how to fix the conflict since I don't know that mod, commenting out should have no adverse effects though
I should have expanded on this. Any chance for a config for enabling and disabling this option?
save game won't crash because of sodium hydroxide - isn't that a good thing?
Ooops that should have read Save game won't load ......
See the previous posts from above about migration issue
I only wanted to update the mod for 0.13. I don't want to add new features to a mod that isn't actually mine. Unless the mod author explicitly says I can, I would rather not make any actual changes or additions. Sorry :\

I don't exactly understand what the problem is with the sodium hydroxide migration. I didn't actually add or change any migration files, and as far as I know they sodium hydroxide entity itself didn't change. Assuming you aren't updating the mod from an older version (where those migration files are actually needed) it won't cause a problem for they shouldn't actually be migrating anything in the first place.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I have actually noticed an even deeper problem

Almost none of the extra recipes get created, tested in a new world with creative mode. I might delve deeper into this tonight,

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I finally got to check Factorio 0.13.4 version, really happy with all the new stuff and updates they've added.

As well, got Bob's mod updated and checked all new stuff he has modified and added, meaning there is a lot of things to change in my mod :? Most of the things that you've already pointed out guys are in my list to do and few more things I will be updating that you certainly will appreciate.

This is going to take me few days unfortunately, life is taking time, but I really want to do it. But... !!!

But I will be creating a new Mod with a new name to reflect 0.13 version and it main purpose. I will upload it in the mod forum to allow anyone to get the updates easily as any other mod for 0.13. I won't be updating my ExtraChests_0.1.5 any further for Factorio 0.12. ExtraChests_0.1.6 is a kind of alpha version for people that just want a quick update.

Thanks again lenny27g for your amazing work and to bring this last version up to 0.13! What an amazing community! :D

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

qjm123 wrote: But I will be creating a new Mod with a new name to reflect 0.13 version and it main purpose. I will upload it in the mod forum to allow anyone to get the updates easily as any other mod for 0.13. I won't be updating my ExtraChests_0.1.5 any further for Factorio 0.12. ExtraChests_0.1.6 is a kind of alpha version for people that just want a quick update.

Don't spend too much time on inserters Bobingabout is making changes in this department :)

As I side note any chance of splitting the mod up some? I.e. moving extra recipes/chests to its own mod. Maybe even splitting up gfx changes/catergory changes. Either way I will use it because I can't find anything in the default bobs crafting list :)

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Nexela wrote:
qjm123 wrote: But I will be creating a new Mod with a new name to reflect 0.13 version and it main purpose. I will upload it in the mod forum to allow anyone to get the updates easily as any other mod for 0.13. I won't be updating my ExtraChests_0.1.5 any further for Factorio 0.12. ExtraChests_0.1.6 is a kind of alpha version for people that just want a quick update.

Don't spend too much time on inserters Bobingabout is making changes in this department :)

As I side note any chance of splitting the mod up some? I.e. moving extra recipes/chests to its own mod. Maybe even splitting up gfx changes/catergory changes. Either way I will use it because I can't find anything in the default bobs crafting list :)
Thanks Nexela for the tip about inserters update, I thought Bob would update them at some point. I have some ideas and I was ready to work on some of them but I will wait till Bob's new update and concentrate on everything else that needs an update.

I don't really follow what you mean by splitting things, do you mean to have a mod for graphics and menu positions of items, and another one with my own stuff like chests, inseters, radars? The main thing is that if you don't want some of my stuff you can turn it off, or at least I think you can :D Something I need to double check. But as this mod was mainly for my own use and pleasure on top of Bob's mod, I know I will keep using my stuff no matter what, plus my saves!!! :D Feel free to create a fork with only gfx and menu changes, whatever you need. PSD file was uploaded with 0.1.5 last changes now.

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

qjm123 wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I finally got to check Factorio 0.13.4 version, really happy with all the new stuff and updates they've added.

As well, got Bob's mod updated and checked all new stuff he has modified and added, meaning there is a lot of things to change in my mod :? Most of the things that you've already pointed out guys are in my list to do and few more things I will be updating that you certainly will appreciate.

This is going to take me few days unfortunately, life is taking time, but I really want to do it. But... !!!

But I will be creating a new Mod with a new name to reflect 0.13 version and it main purpose. I will upload it in the mod forum to allow anyone to get the updates easily as any other mod for 0.13. I won't be updating my ExtraChests_0.1.5 any further for Factorio 0.12. ExtraChests_0.1.6 is a kind of alpha version for people that just want a quick update.

Thanks again lenny27g for your amazing work and to bring this last version up to 0.13! What an amazing community! :D
Sounds great! Will it just be called ShineBobs or something new? Also, make sure you post a link in this thread so we can find it! I don't want to miss out.

And happy to help! Just wanted to keep the mod alive until you return ;)

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Can i make a suggestion for the new version?

Please stop changing textures of vanilla buildings. It's quite distracting to see a "blue" assembler and think, oh that's MK2, but nope it's MK4 in this. There are other cases, like the oil refinery being different, etc. I would prefer that everything vanilla keep its vanilla visuals because they are well known. Only color tiers that bob adds.

I'd also suggest not coloring solar panels at all. They already have a graphic difference (the panels are smaller or larger) and it looks a little weird to see them be tinted a certain color.

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

I don't know if you know this, but bob's warfar mod now has Mk2-mk5 radars. So the ones in this are redundant now.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

iamwyza wrote:I don't know if you know this, but bob's warfar mod now has Mk2-mk5 radars. So the ones in this are redundant now.
Yeah this was an awesome change.... Everyone must think vanilla radars are weak or something. I have/had 4 or 5 mods that add radars! thankfully they all had configs to enable or disable

extrachests, rso-radar(removed since bobs update), bobs-mod, smallfixes? etc etc

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Nexela wrote:
iamwyza wrote:I don't know if you know this, but bob's warfar mod now has Mk2-mk5 radars. So the ones in this are redundant now.
Yeah this was an awesome change.... Everyone must think vanilla radars are weak or something. I have/had 4 or 5 mods that add radars! thankfully they all had configs to enable or disable

extrachests, rso-radar(removed since bobs update), bobs-mod, smallfixes? etc etc
RSO + default radar is a nightmare.

dnulho
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dnulho »

Is there any way that the 1.6(lite) version [or whatever has been ported up to v13] can be uploaded to the new ingame mod list? Even if it is in alpha, we can still have some usage of the benefits and organization this mod adds to bobs. Then, as you get the things you want added, and bugs fixed, distribution will be easier and less time consuming.

Thanks,
Dnulho1

lenny27g
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lenny27g »

Tyrindor wrote:Can i make a suggestion for the new version?

Please stop changing textures of vanilla buildings. It's quite distracting to see a "blue" assembler and think, oh that's MK2, but nope it's MK4 in this. There are other cases, like the oil refinery being different, etc. I would prefer that everything vanilla keep its vanilla visuals because they are well known. Only color tiers that bob adds.

I'd also suggest not coloring solar panels at all. They already have a graphic difference (the panels are smaller or larger) and it looks a little weird to see them be tinted a certain color.
I have to disagree. Sure it might be confusing at first, but it ends up making so much sense. Why have things follow one color tier while assemblers follow a different one? And some items have no color tier? It would kind of be against the purpose of this mod if some things weren't colored and others weren't made to follow that color scheme.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

lenny27g wrote:
Tyrindor wrote:Can i make a suggestion for the new version?

I have to disagree. Sure it might be confusing at first, but it ends up making so much sense. Why have things follow one color tier while assemblers follow a different one? And some items have no color tier? It would kind of be against the purpose of this mod if some things weren't colored and others weren't made to follow that color scheme.
Thanks lenny27g for answering to Tyrindor. Tyrindor, the main point of my addon is to standardise every upgrade with the same colour system. You always can go in the lua code and disable any particular unwanted object/colour, maybe need some research but if I was able to pull this mod off, I am sure that inserting few "--" in front of those objects won't be as challenging ;) Colouring solar panels can be disabled if you don't want them, config.lua like other things and only for you, I've added an extra option to allow you to have only black sprites without those "annoying" colours as I've actually 9 different sprites for each possible solar panels, Bob's only got 6 sprites actually! Coming in next update.

My addon is almost done, just few more checks and finish with last updates from Bob's logistic and his inserters, taking a lot more time than I've expected but update should be out soon.

Thanks again for the suport.

Return to “Mods”