[MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.20] ShinyBob_v0.13.6 & v0.14.4

Post by Nexela »

Fixes to add logistic wires to titanium and tungsten chests, also adds sprite connector to normal and logistic versions. Consistent with vanilla chest wire behaviour
Attachments
logistic-chests.lua
(5.53 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
chests.lua
(3.77 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Updated nexela-code ready for category switching also (see comments at the top)
Attachments
nexela-code.lua
(13.38 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Ok I was slightly wrong about the migration thing extrachests migration file does run (and errors if stuff is turned off in config). It is safe to delete extrachests_0.14.3
The ShinyBob_0.14.4 migration is correct so that doesn't need to be messed with.

Inequalitix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Inequalitix »

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Inequali ... ssion/3768

According to doxsroxs on the Mod Portal, Titanium/Tungsten Chests have no recipe.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi guys, I have been away a few weeks and I will start to have a look at all those issues you've mentioned so far and getting and updated version up soon.

Thanks again for all the feedback and let's fix them all :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

To the word about titanium and tungsten chests - these chests can't be connected to circuit network pls fix it
Because angel warehouses can be connected to circuit network and ur chests can't be, why?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi guys, latest update fixing the chest missing logistic wires and added last update to nexela-code.lua

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aocrbo9tzswaa ... 6.zip?dl=1

Thanks for the support and hopefully issues won't be to bad this time :lol:

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.20] ShinyBob_v0.13.6 & v0.14.6

Post by Tyrindor »

Can't use this mod if you have certain bobs modules uninstalled, yet those modules are not listed as a dependency. For example: I get a crash about oxygen when I remove ores/intermediates.

I looked around in the files for an hour or so and finally got it to work. It is caused by Nexela_code. Setting it to false fixes the problem.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.21] ShinyBob_v0.14.7 & v0.13.6

Post by qjm123 »

Hi guys,

Small update but hopefully that will fix the problems with not having some of the bob's mods installed and the oxygen issue within nexela-code.lua.

As well, added an update to include Laser_Beam_Turrets mod from Klonan to change the laser colours to match my actual colour design :D

Things I may do in the future, is to change gems to match my code colour, but this is somehow a lot more complex than a simple change of pics, as names need to be change (or not, with option to be turn off) and I can't see how to trigger an update of locale.cfg info after loading my mod. If anyone knows how, please let me know it, thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cev6sgjqe9qw7 ... 7.zip?dl=1

Have fun.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

qjm123 wrote:Hi guys,

Small update but hopefully that will fix the problems with not having some of the bob's mods installed and the oxygen issue within nexela-code.lua.

As well, added an update to include Laser_Beam_Turrets mod from Klonan to change the laser colours to match my actual colour design :D

Things I may do in the future, is to change gems to match my code colour, but this is somehow a lot more complex than a simple change of pics, as names need to be change (or not, with option to be turn off) and I can't see how to trigger an update of locale.cfg info after loading my mod. If anyone knows how, please let me know it, thanks.

Have fun.

Totally missed the oxygen issue. Your current fix will work but I think I have a cleaner way to handle it. Also have a few other fixes in the works too.

Awesome on Laser beam turrets!

Locale follows mod load order. As long as your mod loads after whatever locale string you want to change it will use your values.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Nexela wrote:
qjm123 wrote:Hi guys,

Have fun.

Totally missed the oxygen issue. Your current fix will work but I think I have a cleaner way to handle it. Also have a few other fixes in the works too.

Awesome on Laser beam turrets!

Locale follows mod load order. As long as your mod loads after whatever locale string you want to change it will use your values.
Thanks for the tips but my problem with locales are that you can't seem to be able to modify them once the lua runs. That means that if someone doesn't want to use my new way of sorting gems, for whatever reason, if names are changed by my locale then they are change forever, there is no way to get them back as Bob's mod, or even load this locale file if condition=true or load this other locale file if =false.

But I think I won't care much about giving an on-off option, as my change is more aesthetic than anything else.

I will wait till you get your update ready and then update a new version, thanks again for your work :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Almost finished with the polish, and a bunch of fixes. Soon as I have it doneI will post all of the changed files in the correct folder structure as well a change log :ugeek:

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi qjm123
May i ask about some little strange conflict with angel mods?
In angel mods bob's slat is toggled of by default and we can't craft it, but when ur mod is installed i can see technologies which contains recipes with this "old" salt, but for now new versions of angel mods brings to us angel salt which we can use

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/MrDoomah ... t-used-for - with this mod i can watch I can look at help data for resources and recipes and in which according to recipes these resources participate, so i can see this "old" salt

If ur mod not toggled on i have no these strange issues

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi aklesey1,

I will try to have a look and see all the changes that may have occurred in the last month and update my mod. I am right now trying to incorporate loaders into my menus and update graphics as well. I will review what is going on with the salt recipes and maybe allow and on/off option if Angels mod is present I guess.

Thanks again for the feedback.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Wow if u'll make new graphics for loaders it will be cool 8-) :D
Forgot to write - when bob mods+ shiny bob + angel mods are installed some starter bob technologies for chemistry and electrolysis are empty because they overhauled by angel mods, may be we need to hide them and make a roundabout way if we don't need bob technologies

P. S. For what we need recipe - 20 sodium hydroxide to 1 sodium hydroxide???
I think Arch666Angel eventually will overhaul chemistry and alloy making to his mod system - we already have bio processing and smelting mods, and his refining mod its really cool creation

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi aklesey1,

I am already checking things with angel mods and bob with my own mod as it seems lot of mods are packing them together. The main first things would be to turn off extra_recipes in config.lua. I will try to add a quick check and make sure that any extra_recipe gets disable if both, bobs and angels, are present at the same time.

PS: That recipe was to allow us to remove easily the excess of sodium hydroxide created while getting chlorine.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.21] ShinyBob_v0.14.9

Post by qjm123 »

Alright after few weeks with no option to play or do anything on my side, we finally managed to get this update out! :D

We focused mainly in getting Angels Mods to work nicely with bob's and our shiny one, as it seems Angels mod are becoming more and more popular. I haven't had time to try them out yet though. Will do hopefully soon. We tried to avoid any duplication or weird things coming up. Still, there is probably still few things left depending on extra mods that may change things. You will need to go into config.lua and change things around as Shinybob mod was mainly made to work only with Bob's mods with only few extras. Angels adds so more that without Nexelas help I wouldn't had the courage to try to include them. The best combination will probably be making few Nexelas options true to ensure a full and complete support of Angels Mod.

What else got updated then, well, few icons as usual, few tech icons too. The main things would be the Loaders graphics update that lot of people are waiting for, there is two styles, here: more factorio like, and more Angels like (the default one, thanks to Nexela)

Few fixes, like tanks, bob changed the names of his entities at some point and I didn't notice it, now fixed, as well as underground belts, the basic base ones must have gotten updated at some point and didn't match Bob's graphics any longer, that got fixed now. Lot of stuff got fixed by Nexela like recipes, shifting Angels ores around as well as including new mods in the Shinybob order's tabs.

Some of bob's ores got their graphics updated with some of Angels style to give some more variety to Bob's ores and making them more applying to me (maybe wrong there but hey, if you don't like them turn them off :lol: )

Another big thing was to shuffle Gems around to make them coincide with my colour code (yellow, red, blue, purple, green, white) This is only aesthetic, meaning it doesn't change ratios or anything in the game play, you don't need to redo all your base to ensure gems are going to the right place, internally ruby is still ruby, it is just that on screen it comes up as topaz and looks like topaz, making the first tier of laser seems to use Topaz (yellow) to make Laser-turret-1 (yellow) shooting yellow lasers. No worries, this will make sense once you see it working and that you see you don't have to change anything :D Can be switch off, as usual.

And last update was to finally change vehicle equipment to match the main colour code as usual on their own tab :P

That's all I think, we fixed few little mistakes that were left around with some recipes with sodium, hopefully now it will work just fine. But please, send us your feedback as we will happy to update and fix whatever is needed to make this game one of the best game ever :lol:

Here a direct link dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8px0xmdeg2n8n ... 9.zip?dl=1
and here to google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_K55 ... U5ldWwtVDg

Damn, just noticed that for some reason that I don't know, images from dropbox don't show up any longer :o :( I will move them all to imgur and will update the first post with the new links, update some comments there that got obsolete and update recognition to all the modders that I've somehow borrowed/used their work in anyway hoping not missing anyone.

Obvioulsy, right now a BIG THANKS TO NEXELA for all his help, hard work and ideas :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Many thanks to Arch666Angel for those loader graphics! A great release as always

Inequalitix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Inequalitix »

My apologies in not maintaining ShinyBob on the mod portal. I lost interest in Factorio for a few months. The latest update should be up very soon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Question
What means - Nexela_fix_angels_mods - in config.lua?

I have found one strange conflict between angel's petrochem and shiny bob

I can't replace chemical plant mk1 to chemical plant mk2, i need to remove mk1 fist and after that i can place mk2
Mk1 belongs to petrochem mod and all subsequent plants belongs to shiny bob - if we'll read description of mod modifications of the items

Thanks for ore graphics, looks pleasantly even slightly like cartoon for a little bit, i think i saw very similar graphics in Yuoki Industries :)
Last edited by aklesey1 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods”