[MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Topics and discussion about specific mods
fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.1

Post by fishycat »

Hey qjm123, just noticed you are back and downloaded your mods. I could compress your graphics from 71mb to 22mb. I used pinga, maybe you want to look at it, it is pretty
awesome program.

I attached the compressed version for comparison. I used a slightly better quality option in pinga (2nd left position).

p.s. welcome back :D
Attachments
ShinyBob_Graphics_0.16.1.zip
(22.39 MiB) Downloaded 134 times

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.3

Post by qjm123 »

Thanks a lot, I actually search to get a good compressor but failed to find any good. This one is just perfect!

Posted an updated version 0.16.3 with with graphics compressed and added reinforced gates as I missed them previously.

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

I've a bit trouble to see how these 3 mods interact with ShinyBobGfx / ShinyIcons from zombiee, do they complete each other ? What are the differences ?

Thanks

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

DarkyPupu wrote:I've a bit trouble to see how these 3 mods interact with ShinyBobGfx / ShinyIcons from zombiee, do they complete each other ? What are the differences ?

Thanks
The main differences are in how we handle graphic's entites.

ShinyBobGfx __ /_ ShinyBob_Graphics
differencies.png
differencies.png (26.23 KiB) Viewed 8113 times
Zombiee uses his ShinyBobGfx to change graphic's entities and their icons. With his ShinyIcons he revamps the menus (locations of icons in the menus). With my ShinyBob_Graphics, only graphic's entities get changed, not their icons, With *_Menus, location of the icons in menus and with *_Icons their icons. I've split them to allow people to choose what the want to change. You may prefer someone else icons, maybe just the adding of bars to the base Bob's icons or maybe Zombiee's icons, but prefer my approach to Graphic's entities or just the revamp of menus. That's all.

What I am not sure about as I haven't tried yet, is how having both installed would look like, Zombiee's mods and mine! Could end up really ugly I am afraid. I guess it would depend on which one gets loaded last.

Hope I've clarify your doubts.

Edit: almost forgot to mention Zombiee's mod have HD graphics, mine not yet!

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Okay it makes sense, I'll give it a try to see what i prefer :)

Warrie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Post by Warrie »

Your graphics change is already better as ShinyBobGfx's. Despite the disadvantages I still prefer the vanilla color though. The colors and contrast are too strong. It looks too childish, like im playing with lego. A more subtle washed out color theme would be more appealing.

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamsta99 »

Hi, i find some missing thing in icons and i maked it myself. Write to me at priv i you want any.

ShinyBob_Icons_0.16.3
Bug:
Last boiler wrong icon
example my work:
An a lot other missing things.

ShinyBob_Graphics_0.16.4
Bug:
Bots using wrong texture and are not overided ( icon is fine )

ShinyBob_Menus_0.16.3
Bug:
Bots mk5 position

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Warrie wrote:Your graphics change is already better as ShinyBobGfx's. Despite the disadvantages I still prefer the vanilla color though. The colors and contrast are too strong. It looks too childish, like im playing with lego. A more subtle washed out color theme would be more appealing.
I get you, my answer would be that my main goal with my mod is that to ensure that you can clearly, easily differentiate each object in the game, no matter what they are around to. I understand your personal dislike to that "LEGO"ish style :lol: I will at some point address this concern by changing how my mod work. I will create mask for each object and then allow users to choose their own colours! This is on my listodo! No worries. I've already started with wagons/trains and some more. I need first to fully understand how masks and layers work. It is hard, sorry. You're always welcome to create your own style using my mods ;)
Kamsta99 wrote:Hi, i find some missing thing in icons and i maked it myself. Write to me at priv i you want any.

ShinyBob_Icons_0.16.3
Bug:
Last boiler wrong icon
example my work:
An a lot other missing things.

ShinyBob_Graphics_0.16.4
Bug:
Bots using wrong texture and are not overided ( icon is fine )

ShinyBob_Menus_0.16.3
Bug:
Bots mk5 position
Damn! Sorry, I didn't see you comment earlier. I am not sure I've fixed those issues with this latest update, damn, damn... Thank you for your feedback. I will have a look later on and try to fix them if I haven't done it already. One thing thou, is that my update may comes out when bob's already got another update. As I don't have internet at home, some times I'm few days behind bob's updates or the main game.

jarquafelmu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jarquafelmu »

In the lastest version, the Faster (Green) and Extremely Fast (Purple) belt colors have been swapped in ShinyBob_Icons and ShinyBob_Graphics.

Affects the following:
  • Transportation Belt
  • Underground Belt
  • Splitter
Edit: I now feel silly because there is an option in the startup mod settings that changes this behavior. But why would the default behavior swap these?

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

jarquafelmu wrote:In the lastest version, the Faster (Green) and Extremely Fast (Purple) belt colors have been swapped in ShinyBob_Icons and ShinyBob_Graphics.

Affects the following:
  • Transportation Belt
  • Underground Belt
  • Splitter
Edit: I now feel silly because there is an option in the startup mod settings that changes this behavior. But why would the default behavior swap these?
Yes, that's what it is suppose to happen if you use my mods. My coding colour for all entities is: (gray if present) Yellow (base/MK1), Red (Mk2), Blue (Mk3), PURPLE (Mk4), GREEN (Mk5) and White (Mk6 if present) for everything.

As I know this could cause problem with some people with belts, I've put an option that can revert the purple/green change to what it is in Bob's mod. Look for Interchange purple&green on belts,under,etc under Shinybob_Graphics in the first tab. Hopefully that will solve your issue with that changing of colours ;)

Xagros
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xagros »

Hi,qjm123. I find position error. [ShinyBob_Menus 0.16.5]
Even when I only use the Bob mod, the locomotive position is same strange.

And do you plan to arrange locations for stone plate in the AAI Industry mod and wooden wheels in the Rubber Belts mod?
Attachments
00000000000000000.PNG
00000000000000000.PNG (430.35 KiB) Viewed 7932 times
ImageImage

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Xagros wrote:Hi,qjm123. I find position error. [ShinyBob_Menus 0.16.5]
Even when I only use the Bob mod, the locomotive position is same strange.

And do you plan to arrange locations for stone plate in the AAI Industry mod and wooden wheels in the Rubber Belts mod?
Thank you so much for your feedback, what a silly mistake :oops:

if data.raw["item-subgroup"]["vehicle-equipment"] and sortorder.locomotive then
for werewolf,candy in pairs (sortorder.locomotive) do
if candy[1] == "farl-roboport" or candy[1] == "shuttle-lite" then
sortorder.locomotive[werewolf][2] = "shinybob-trains-equipment"
end
end
end

if not data.raw["repair-tool"]["repair-pack-mk2"] and sortorder.repairpacks then
for werewolf,candy in pairs (sortorder.repairpacks) do
if candy[2] == "shinybob-tool0" then
sortorder.locomotive[werewolf][2] = "shinybob-tool1"
end
end
end

I've copied and past... and forgot to update it as "sortorder.repairpacks" ... now it is fixed, already updated new version.

About rearranging things, the main next thing will be to make it work nice with Angels mods and ShinyAngels_GFX (Zombiee) Nothing else, but you can easily use my test/example mod to write your own mod that put things where you would like them. I know I need to write a small tutorial about those test mods I've created (main post) but still, not that hard.

Thanks again, please don't hesitate to let me know any other issues.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Hi everyone... I am pissed with the latest update for Bob's logistic mod... I am going to wait few weeks until the dust settles. Stay on 0.16.7 for Boblogistic and 0.16.1 for tech if you like my mod.

I will get out an update out when Bob's finishes his update and I get a proper sense of what I can improve.

MisterFister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MisterFister »

Hi there! I'm trying to start a very-heavily-modded new AngelBob playthrough on a LAN game with my friend, maybe migrate to a private server later on.

I can run the entire suite of Shiny-mods just fine, but on his end, he errors out with ShinyBobGFX and ShinyBob_Graphics. I have no idea why.

What info could you use from his system to help inform a discussion of how to identify his issue? I can reply here with a dropbox link once we know what to capture or save.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

MisterFister wrote:Hi there! I'm trying to start a very-heavily-modded new AngelBob playthrough on a LAN game with my friend, maybe migrate to a private server later on.

I can run the entire suite of Shiny-mods just fine, but on his end, he errors out with ShinyBobGFX and ShinyBob_Graphics. I have no idea why.

What info could you use from his system to help inform a discussion of how to identify his issue? I can reply here with a dropbox link once we know what to capture or save.
Hi, well, I am not sure either what could be the problem, but I know that ShinybobGFX won't work too well with ShinyBob_Graphics, mainly because they both do the same! Zombiee brought back my mod in 0.15 and he keeps updating it in 0.16. We, both of us, have the same goal, make Bob's mod more Factorio friendly and shiny 8-)
Zombiee has got his own series of mods (ShinyAngelGFX, ShinyBobGFX and ShinyIcons) that all play perfectly together. If your main goal is to play a series with Bob's and Angel's mods, I would advice that you stick with his series only and avoid any conflicts with my mods. Also, he is more reliable than me getting out updates too :oops:

I have planed at some point to get ShinyAngelGFX compatible with my mods, but the few hours I had the past week were spent on fixing things with bob's logistic/inserters new update :roll:

Thanks for checking out my mods thou :)

New updates out now!

rcobbe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rcobbe »

I've just encountered what seems to be an incompatibility between ShinyBob_Graphics 0.16.7 and miniloader 1.6.8. If I have both of these modules enabled, then I get the following error when starting Factorio:

Code: Select all

Failed to load mods: __ShinyBob_Graphics__/data-updates.lua:11: __ShinyBob_Graphics__/prototypes/functions/shinyfunc.lua:96: attempt to index field 'sheet' (a nil value)
(Forgive any typos; I had to transcribe the error message, as it isn't possible to copy the error text to the clipboard, unfortunately.)

Is this a known issue? I see that miniloader is on the list of mods that are supported with the ShinyBob_ mods; perhaps this incompatibility was introduced in a recent update?

I was able to reproduce the problem with Factorio 0.16.51 (installed from factorio.com and running on MacOS 10.14.3, if that matters) and the following mods installed:
  • base mod 0.16.51
  • Bob's Adjustable Inserters 0.16.8
  • Bob's Assembling machines 0.16.1
  • Bob's Electronics 0.16.0
  • Bob's Enemies 0.16.0
  • Bob's Functions Library mod 0.16.6
  • Bob's Greenhouse mod 0.16.0
  • Bob's Logistics mod 0.16.23
  • Bob's Metals, Chemicals, and Intermediates 0.16.5
  • Bob's Mining 0.16.0
  • Bob's Modules 0.16.0
  • Bob's Ores 0.16.2
  • Bob's Power 0.16.8
  • Bob's Revamp 0.16.3
  • Bob's Tech 0.16.6
  • Bob's Vehicle Equipment 0.16.2
  • Bob's Warfare 0.16.7
  • Miniloader 1.6.8
  • ShinyBob_Graphics 0.16.7
  • ShinyBob_Icons 0.16.7
  • ShinyBob_Menus 0.16.7
  • ShinyBob_Techs 0.16.2
If you need any more info, please let me know!

Thanks!

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Do you plan to do a 0.17 update or am I free to take this over?

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:47 pm
Do you plan to do a 0.17 update or am I free to take this over?
Yes, sure, feel free to create your own mod using any assets from mine. Zombiee already did it. He has done a great job creating his ShinyAngelGFX, etc mods. The more mods there are out, the more options people will have. And as 0.17 is out... I may... big... MAY... come back to update my mods, but I doubt it very much, as there are too many other games out there and as we all know too well, Factorio, is just a black hole where time can't escape and doesn't exists!!! :lol:

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Thanks. I am mostly interested in shiny Bob tech as zombie has mostly combined the others.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Well, seems this is happening... Update is coming like winter... around April :lol:
chests0.17.jpg
chests0.17.jpg (300.38 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
No, seriously, working hard on the update for 0.17, I can't play without proper looking chests, like Bentham, iron chests are heresy!!! :D

Return to “Mods”