[MOD 0.15] Satellite Uplink Station 1.1.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.30] Satellite Uplink Station 0.1.3

Post by seronis »

Fast movement good. Similar idea is could just allow the GUI to have a list of all constructed uplink stations and you can click their name to instantly move the camera to that location.

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by psihius »

seronis wrote:Fast movement good. Similar idea is could just allow the GUI to have a list of all constructed uplink stations and you can click their name to instantly move the camera to that location.
Having multiple up link stations to hop around specific places is great, but you need ability to go around map faster still, since placing down hundreds of up link stations is probably going to make any UI crap to use (since we probably cannot mod the map view). A combination of both would be great.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Could you rename the mods folder to "Satellite-Uplink-Station", because currently others and I cannot open foreman while this mod is enabled.

See also:
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=5576&p=160442#p160442
https://bitbucket.org/Nicksaurus/forema ... ite-uplink

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:Could you rename the mods folder to "Satellite-Uplink-Station", because currently others and I cannot open foreman while this mod is enabled.

See also:
Foreman should add support for mods with spaces in their names -- I shouldn't have to resort to hyphenation or underscores or whatnot just to fix that issue...

Of course, on your local machine you can rename things however you like. Just remember to edit info.json as well.

Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Instructor »

Can I disable the Auto-Targeting Station's alert? It isn't in the config.lua , is there a line I can add to it?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Instructor wrote:Can I disable the Auto-Targeting Station's alert? It isn't in the config.lua , is there a line I can add to it?
You must mean the Orbital Ion Cannon messages. You can disable the klaxon in the config, but in order to disable the printed messages, you'd need to remove/comment out lines 328 and 335 in control.lua.

Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Instructor »

Oh what I have meant was "Auto-Targeting Station X has identified a spawner at ..." together with an error beep, I don't mind the text (Although personally I would want a text if the station does NOT acquires a target - Automation) but the beep needs to go.

*edit*: Ok it's gone with 1 line commented out in autotargeter.lua

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shrooblord »

Supercheese wrote:
bNarFProfCrazy wrote:Could you rename the mods folder to "Satellite-Uplink-Station", because currently others and I cannot open foreman while this mod is enabled.

See also:
Foreman should add support for mods with spaces in their names -- I shouldn't have to resort to hyphenation or underscores or whatnot just to fix that issue...
I don't mean to butt in, because in this matter I do agree with you; however, in general, it's wise not to use spaces in filenames. Computers and your future self will like you more for it.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

Shrooblord wrote: I don't mean to butt in, because in this matter I do agree with you; however, in general, it's wise not to use spaces in filenames. Computers and your future self will like you more for it.
This is true...

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.34] Satellite Uplink Station 0.1.4

Post by Supercheese »

Version 0.1.4 just uploaded, just adding the German localization and an extra safeguard against a rare bug.

gallomimia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.35] Satellite Uplink Station 0.1.4

Post by gallomimia »

Eureka! I've been muddling through Lua and this mod's code to get it to copy the player's current blueprints into the Uplink Station, and I finally got it! Here's a terribly messy version of it.

It probably doesn't need the table.deepcopy calls, or the many different variables, but I was trying to eliminate sources of broken logic. I would also like to find a way to tidy up the method of inserting blueprints. (Insert blank blueprint, find blank blueprint, copy details in) But I don't know how to make a new item object in Lua. So I'm hoping someone can collaborate and tidy this up.

Some credit goes to the Foreman mod, whose code I read to try and find out what I was doing wrong. I used some concepts, and found problems in the code I was using through this.
Attachments
control.lua
Modified version of 0.1.4
(8.62 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

gallomimia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by gallomimia »

I do believe it should be possible to alter the number of logistic slots and trash slots during uplink. I noticed if you simply throw the granted power armor into the trash slot and jump out of the uplink, you get a free armor and power generator. Refraining becomes difficult ;)

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

gallomimia wrote:I do believe it should be possible to alter the number of logistic slots and trash slots during uplink. I noticed if you simply throw the granted power armor into the trash slot and jump out of the uplink, you get a free armor and power generator. Refraining becomes difficult ;)
One of the many things I hope becomes possible in 0.13. :)

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Unofficial .13 port attached.

Port for ION Cannon: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=17910*obsolete
Attachments
Satellite Uplink Station_0.1.4.zip
.13 (Unofficial)
(589.99 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.3] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.0

Post by Supercheese »

Version 1.0.0 released! Best new feature: no more "Cannot insert Alien Artifact" spam!

Edit: Forgot to mention, no more empty blueprints automatically given when you uplink; I'd like to instead copy over any blueprint book(s) you have when you enter. Still working on that.

inick
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.0

Post by inick »

BUG REPORT

Factorio 0.13.15 sandbox/god mode, cheats enabled (character = nil)
Satellite Uplink Station threw error. Img here

Sorry for the crude, short message. It's 2:15AM and my brain is tired.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.0

Post by Supercheese »

Yeah, it's not really intended to be used with sandbox mode's god-controller... you already sort of ARE a satellite uplink, there's no real need to build another one!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.1

Post by Supercheese »

Version 1.0.1 released -- finally, your blueprint books are copied over into the uplink! It's taken far too long for me to get this feature working... :?

Much of the new code for the copying was obtained from the ExoMan mod by sebgggg -- it's a neat mod, go check it out if you haven't!

Oh, I forgot to mention: Be aware that any edits to blueprints you make while uplinked will be lost when you terminate the uplink.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Supercheese wrote:Because the Uplink Station is coded as a "car"-type entity, it cannot be built or deconstructed by robots, nor included in blueprints; it must be placed and picked up by hand.
Have you considered having a placeholder building that is blueprint/robot-compatible, that spawns the car when built? You'd make one of the two invisible, of course. The building would also be set as inoperable and have a smaller selection box than the car.

xoft
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xoft »

Hi,
I've installed the mod when it was on version 1.0.0, now reached the endgame and just noticed that I cannot research the uplink station. I tried updating the mod to 1.0.1, still nothing. The technology is completely missing from the research window, it's not listed as unavailable, it's just not there. What could be the reason for this?

I have the following mods installed:
AfraidOfTheDark_1.0.13.zip
Better_Beacon_1.0.0 (slightly modified)
blueprint-string_3.1.1.zip
FARL_0.5.36.zip
FusionReactor_0.1.4
FusionRobots_0.0.2
GDIW_1.1.2
Landfill_2.1.10
long-reach_0.0.5
MiniPorts_0.2.2
NoMoreBots_0.1.0 (manually updated to Factorio 0.13)
Orbital Ion Cannon_1.3.1
RailTanker_1.3.32
Robo-Charge_0.3.3
Satellite Uplink Station_1.0.1
ScoreExtended_1.0.16
Squeak Through_1.1.3
Stainless Steel Wagon_1.0.1
TheFatController_0.4.19
Warehousing_0.0.10
YARM_0.7.102

I've noticed that the technologies.lua file lists the uplink-station technology with "enabled = false", I tried removing that, but still nothing. I have compared it to other mods' technologies but found nothing that would strike me as out of the ordinary. Is there any in-game command that I can use to shed some light onto this issue? I can find several "uplink" strings in the savegame file, but it looks too binary for me to attempt to decipher it, I assume there is a better way using the game console.

Thanks

Return to “Mods”