[MOD 0.12.20] GalacticTrade

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.12.20] GalacticTrade

Post by Ninjadude501 »

NOTE: I am currently just really not interested in continuing to update this branch of the mod. Anyone that wishes to take this and continue updating it in my place is more than welcome to do so (under the terms of the license, of course) -Ninjadude501

Type: Mod
Name: Galactic Trade
Description: Adds the ability to buy and sell items. Did a few fixes to update to 0.12.20 -Ninjadude501
License: MIT
Version: 0.6.6
Release: 2015-07-17
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.20
Category: Gameplay Enhancement
Tags: Trading, Market
Download-Url: Bottom of the post I guess?
Website: archive of older versions (because I don't have a website yet)
Important
License
Bugs
Long description
Version history
media
Adding Support for Other Mods
Planned Features
Archive
Source
Attachments
GalacticTrade_0.6.6.zip
(167.7 KiB) Downloaded 856 times
Last edited by Ninjadude501 on Wed May 11, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] GalacticTrade

Post by devilwarriors »

Finally!! been waiting for a while for someone to update this one.

I hope it work with 12.22 :|

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Haven't debloqued the tech for all the advanced features yet, but it's working well on 0.12.22 for buying and selling stuff.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Anyway to support bob mods with this?

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

I have no clue if these instructions will work anymore. Also, due to my very limited Lua experience (as in fixing this is my only Lua experience) I'm going to be no help in getting this to work with any other mods.
oh is that from you?

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

devilwarriors wrote:
I have no clue if these instructions will work anymore. Also, due to my very limited Lua experience (as in fixing this is my only Lua experience) I'm going to be no help in getting this to work with any other mods.
oh is that from you?
Yep, that's from me. My Lua experience is limited to knowing exactly what I needed to replace in the code to get this to at least work semi-well.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

8-) bug bug
Attachments
bandicam 2016-02-26 03-09-55-912.jpg
bandicam 2016-02-26 03-09-55-912.jpg (73.47 KiB) Viewed 25226 times

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Airat9000 wrote:8-) bug bug
What were you doing when this occurred? Also, are you using any mods whatsoever? Also, what version of Factorio are you using? Be specific, I need enough details to reproduce this myself so that I can do things and then see if that fixed it.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Ninjadude501 wrote:
What were you doing when this occurred? Also, are you using any mods whatsoever? Also, what version of Factorio are you using? Be specific, I need enough details to reproduce this myself so that I can do things and then see if that fixed it.
mods
link
https://yadi.sk/d/k5C_kWDNpaTc2
game version 0.12.24

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Airat9000 wrote:
Ninjadude501 wrote:
mods
link
game version 0.12.24
Okay, that is a LOT of mods. I'll see what I can do, but you'll have to be the tester for a while. Also, I can't start fixing it immediately, but once I do get started I'll PM you a link.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Ninjadude501 wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
Ninjadude501 wrote:
mods
link
game version 0.12.24
Okay, that is a LOT of mods. I'll see what I can do, but you'll have to be the tester for a while. Also, I can't start fixing it immediately, but once I do get started I'll PM you a link.
no problem i am wait you

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Thanks for updating this. It allows me to play factorio on a laptop with <2gb ram by using galactic trade chests instead of roboports for moving items. Really helps me out with FPS issues.

Adalonus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adalonus »

If I try to edit the config file/extract the folder to make an edit, I get an error saying that it's an unsupported compression method. I can open the control.lua file, but not the config.lua

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Adalonus wrote:If I try to edit the config file/extract the folder to make an edit, I get an error saying that it's an unsupported compression method. I can open the control.lua file, but not the config.lua
Okay, well, I'm not sure about what's happening, but I think that all you have to do is open it inside of the .zip file, without extracting it. I use WinRar for this, but another common way of doing it is 7Zip. (although I couldn't find links to either of those for you)

Adalonus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adalonus »

Ninjadude501 wrote:
Adalonus wrote:If I try to edit the config file/extract the folder to make an edit, I get an error saying that it's an unsupported compression method. I can open the control.lua file, but not the config.lua
Okay, well, I'm not sure about what's happening, but I think that all you have to do is open it inside of the .zip file, without extracting it. I use WinRar for this, but another common way of doing it is 7Zip. (although I couldn't find links to either of those for you)
That's what I've been trying to do. 7zip works just fine until I try to open the config. Control works just fine. Even a full extraction just gets an error halfway through. Is anyone else having an issue like this or is it unique to me?

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Adalonus wrote:
Ninjadude501 wrote:
That's what I've been trying to do. 7zip works just fine until I try to open the config. Control works just fine. Even a full extraction just gets an error halfway through. Is anyone else having an issue like this or is it unique to me?
What are you using to open the config? I use notepad++, so if you aren't using that, maybe try using it.
Also, you keep mentioning extracting it. What do you mean you're trying to do?

Adalonus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Adalonus »

Ninjadude501 wrote: What are you using to open the config? I use notepad++, so if you aren't using that, maybe try using it.
I've been using notepad++, but I can't even get to the actual file to open into notepad++. 7zip fails to open the file all together saying it in an unsupported compression method. I've tried extracting the zip file to a folder and just opening it through 7zip and editing it while compressed. I've also tried redownloading the file in case mine was just corrupted. It's not game breaking currently as the files it's trying to add are just visual effects, but if a point comes where I need to add something to the list I'd like to be able to.

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Adalonus wrote:
Ninjadude501 wrote: What are you using to open the config? I use notepad++, so if you aren't using that, maybe try using it.
I've been using notepad++, but I can't even get to the actual file to open into notepad++. 7zip fails to open the file all together saying it in an unsupported compression method. I've tried extracting the zip file to a folder and just opening it through 7zip and editing it while compressed. I've also tried redownloading the file in case mine was just corrupted. It's not game breaking currently as the files it's trying to add are just visual effects, but if a point comes where I need to add something to the list I'd like to be able to.
Well, darn. Sorry, but I'm just not experienced enough to figure out what the problem is.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

GalacticTrade_0.6.6.zip
(166.13 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Looks like it was compressed using windows instead of an actual archive program. Uncompressed and recompressed it using 7zip and fixed the folder name mismatch while i was at it (folder was named with wrong version number). Hope this helps. If it doesnt work I'll try again later when I can get to my laptop (using tablet/craptop now)

Lumikins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lumikins »

Hey All,

I'm using 0.6.6 of this with Steam Factorio 12.29 and I noticed the left and right buttons on the GUI to browse thru items in the buy chest no longer work. If I recall correctly they worked way back in the official versions when I tried them with 12.10. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I'm thinking there may be a mod conflict? If it's not just me I'm going to maybe look into what's going on - thanks.

Return to “Mods”