[MOD 0.17.x]Factorio Extended 4.0103.17

Topics and discussion about specific mods
imaytag
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x|0.13.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.9

Post by imaytag »

Hey sorry for noob question but what is pollution filter and how do I use it?

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

imaytag wrote:Hey sorry for noob question but what is pollution filter and how do I use it?
No problem it is a valid question. Right now it is just a craft component but I might change it in a future update.

JohnWittle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JohnWittle »

Hey, so, I am wondering what other people do when they finally get Logistic Bot Mk2 production up and running. Ideally I want to replace all of my currently-existing bots with the Mk2, but that's not trivial by any means. What i've been doing is cutting off all of my iron and copper input and then waiting for all of my bots to settle into robobays, then grabbing them while they're all nice and stacked up, but depending on when this happens in-game it can be a real hassle. But if I just leave all of the Mk1s up and running, then they'll take up particular tasks which the Mk2s could do much, much faster, and it would be better if they just didn't exist at all.

Is there some way to, like, have Log robots turn themselves back into stackable items and place themselves in a chest, or something?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Place filter inserters at every roboport (or just where there is a lot of traffic if you don't mind having the inserters stay for a while until your network is clean) with filters for vanilla robots and them them extract the bots to active provider chests. It's one way to do it at least.

JohnWittle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JohnWittle »

Oh my god that's brilliant! It takes my strategy of waiting for *all* of the bots to head back to the port, and takes the whole "waiting" aspect out of it. Hell, I could probably just do it at *one* roboport and as long as it got them all *eventually* that would be fine.

Tristitan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tristitan »

hello, great mod, i love playing it and am looking forward to the next update, one small problem i have found is that with the mark 2 and mark 3 wagons they do not sit right on the track compared to the normal wagon, instead of 1 space between them there are 2 spaces, is this intended or a bug?

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

Tristitan wrote:hello, great mod, i love playing it and am looking forward to the next update, one small problem i have found is that with the mark 2 and mark 3 wagons they do not sit right on the track compared to the normal wagon, instead of 1 space between them there are 2 spaces, is this intended or a bug?
Yes this is a bug and I will look into it for the next update. Thank you for letting me know.

imaytag
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.9

Post by imaytag »

Hey really liking the mod so far! Not sure if this is known or not but I noticed that the mk2 gun turrets don't seem to be getting the bonus from gun turret damage upgrades (though the ammo bonuses still apply).

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

JohnWittle wrote:Oh my god that's brilliant! ... I could probably just do it at *one* roboport and as long as it got them all *eventually* that would be fine.
although i had invented that method myself on 0.12 already, i stopped thinking about it and used only a single "upgrade factory". of course it would have been much better to use as little as a single inserter and a chest to let the bots transport their mates to the upgrade factory :-) thank you for the hint to use that additional step to efficiently grab bots at many or all roboports (I'll only use passive providers to not insert bots into my storage system; requester chests at the upgrade factory will do the work in any case, whether the chests are active or passive)

in 0.13, there now is a roboport function to get the number of bots in a network, but that is only the total number of all mk1 and mk2 bots. is there some method to get info on how many old mk1 bots are still there that have to be replaced ?
my first and (yet) only idea to get that number would be to count the mk2 robots that are produced (new bots as well as upgraded bots), eg letting the produced/upgraded bots be counted by a belt (or an inserter?) in pulse mode, and then subtract that number from the stats that the roboport gives. I wouldn't like this method since it easily fails and is almost impossible to correct (or setup) later when already some mk2 are in the network or are added manually out of the counter's control.

speaking of improved bots and while still looking at what other useful mods there are, i would wish that several mods be combined or at least work better together to give me a "unified" range of selections. there is a mod that uses battery powered 1x1 drills and lets construction robots build and fetch drills (for recharging) and logistic bots to transport the ore. with 500 drills and 500-1000 bots on a 500 tile ore field i get problems to recharge all of them in time. a solution might be to use fusionrobots (which need no recharging) instead of your mk2 bots, but they only use vanilla fusion reactors. would it be possible somehow to allow using everything at the same time, eg first using slow mk1 vanilla bots with batteries, then your fast mk2 bots, and finally fusionbots. they are fast too, but might be changed to slow mk1 fusionbots with vanilla reactors and fast mk2 fusion bots with your mk2 fusion reactors ? simply adding those other mods gives the alternatives, but no option to upgrade existing bots by adding components, or to use your reactors for improved versions of them.
similar applies to the mining roboport that is currently only one version with a construction and logistics range of 100x100, but might be improved to first be smaller only, and then together with your roboports mk2 and mk3 allow to handle much bigger ore fields.

your long handed filter inserters need a small fix: they should have a purple base now, since they are made from purple filter inserters instead of the old green smart inserters. long handed inserters with a green base would be long handed stack inserters, and there even might be long handed filter stack inserters with a white base ... will you do any of those versions too ?
having all variants of inserters (including mk2 and mk3 versions) probably would be a lot of work, clutter the UI to select them, and also fill lots of slots in the inventory. maybe this could partially be solved by only doing the most complete "top models" (probably the stack filter version, and also the normal filter version since the stack filter allows only for 1 filter slot), and users would have to pay the high price to make them and not use all their abilities afterwards.
the cursed inserters (they allow for making and placing inserters which pickup and drop at any of 8 angles, from normal and extended longhand range, and also on near and far side of belts) would also be a nice addition. it should be easy to add those to this mod too since the cursed inserters have an interface for modders to include other inserters easily (make them cursed :-) with few lines of code. it would even be possible to have only longhanded inserters mk2 and mk3 in this mod, and then use the cursed ability to let them pickup or drop like normal inserters, although putting them down then would require an additional step in some gui. the same as above would apply to including them: lots of new inserters in the list of the gui ...

Walayimuna
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Walayimuna »

I am having problems to load the mod, it displays error messages when I launch the game.

I was using several mods, now I'm trying to use only this mod, but the error messages persist
Error message
Error message
Factorio 1.png (6.76 KiB) Viewed 8186 times
This is my mod directory, I am using only your mods
Mod directory
Mod directory
Factorio 2.PNG (15.29 KiB) Viewed 8186 times
I am playing through steam, using the latest game version

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

Is there some way to remove the titanium dependencies?
Me and a friend added this to our game and it messed up everything by changing what different stuff needed to be made.

EDIT: A config in the core file to have it be called "Titanium alloy" instead of "titanium plates" would also be work. I use Bob's mods, but don't use the special resources, but Bob's mods recognize your titanium plates as the bob's mods titanium plates and then changes all their recipies to have your titanium plates.

EDIT 2: I quickly made a versions for this mod with titanium alloy instead of titanium plates for those who play like me.
Attachments
FactorioExtended-Weaponry_0.1.9.zip
(7.82 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
FactorioExtended-Power_0.1.9.zip
(9.86 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
FactorioExtended-Equipment_0.1.9.zip
(4.19 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
FactorioExtended-Core_0.1.9.zip
(41.1 MiB) Downloaded 212 times

Lonewolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lonewolf »

Walayimuna wrote:I am having problems to load the mod, it displays error messages when I launch the game.

I was using several mods, now I'm trying to use only this mod, but the error messages persist
Factorio 1.png
Factorio 2.PNG
I think you need to be using the Factorio experimental branch for this mod. Factorio 0.13
The regular steam version is still 0.12 I believe?

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

Lonewolf wrote:
Walayimuna wrote:I am having problems to load the mod, it displays error messages when I launch the game.

Factorio 1.png
Factorio 2.PNG
I think you need to be using the Factorio experimental branch for this mod. Factorio 0.13
Yes the regular steam version of factorio is still 0.12.x and there for the newer versions of the mod will not work for your game file unless you are using the 0.13.x experiment version. To do this just right click on the game in steam select beta from the top menu and choose the option you wish to use.

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

NathGamer wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:

Factorio 1.png
Factorio 2.PNG
Yes the regular steam version of factorio is still 0.12.x and there for the newer versions of the mod will not work for your game file unless you are using the 0.13.x experiment version. To do this just right click on the game in steam select beta from the top menu and choose the option you wish to use.
Speaking of which, is there a .14 version coming out for this mod now that .14 is released? :)

Dragoneer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dragoneer »

i believe i may have found a small bug with the factorio extended - weaponry 0.1.9 mod of yours, its a small one, nothing game breaking, just something i would like fixed, because i don't THINK its done intentionally:
the gun turret MK 2 doesn't get the damage bonus from the research 'gun turret damage', now im not 100% sure if this is intentional or not, but it feels like it isn't.
i figured this out because i have another mod that adds loads and loads of extra upgrade research for all sorts of things, and normal gun turrets now do 1920 damage per bullet (its quite an overpowered mod, IF you have the recourses for it) while the gun turret mk2 only does 392 damage per bullet, because it doesn't get the damage buff from the research.
is that intentional or not? if not, i would absolutely LOVE it if this little thing got fixed (if i knew how to do it myself, i wouldn't have posted anything here :P)

Lonewolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lonewolf »

Is there anyone here that knows how to make this mod compatible with Factorio 0.14? I tried changing the version number in json but I keep getting:

Error while loading equipment prototype "energy-shield-mk3-equipment" (energy-shield-equipment): No such node (categories) Modifications: FactorioExtended-Equipment

I got no modding or coding experience, so maybe this is not so easy to change?

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

Lonewolf wrote:Is there anyone here that knows how to make this mod compatible with Factorio 0.14? I tried changing the version number in json but I keep getting:

Error while loading equipment prototype "energy-shield-mk3-equipment" (energy-shield-equipment): No such node (categories) Modifications: FactorioExtended-Equipment

I got no modding or coding experience, so maybe this is not so easy to change?
I should be doing a port to 0.14.x soon

Lonewolf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lonewolf »

NathGamer wrote:I should be doing a port to 0.14.x soon
Oh that's even better. I love your mod :)
Thanks for the quick reply

Owen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x]Factorio Extended 0.2.1

Post by Owen »

Thank you!!! Now I can stop refreshing the mods page every 10 minutes. ;)

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x]Factorio Extended 0.2.1

Post by NathGamer »

Owen wrote:Thank you!!! Now I can stop refreshing the mods page every 10 minutes. ;)
Thank you all for being patient and staying with it. I have been busy with work and school so I will do a big update as soon as possible.

Return to “Mods”