Re: [MOD 0.16.x]Factorio Extended 0.3.1

Post by Chaos234 »

Getting this error with Bob's Mods, pls fix it, thanks:

SereneRebel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SereneRebel »

I'ts a shame to see this mod and others from this author have seem to have been abandoned.

Thanks to others that have found ways to fix the issues with lower res graphics.

Pgking
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pgking »

It really is a shame, this is such a great idea !
I came because apparently the pipes MK2 are not showing when trying to craft them in an assembler, but it's possible to request them in a request chest.

Anyway good job and looking forward to more stuff if you happen to come back to this mod :)

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

Latest update you did to your mods recently, - did this to my Factorio v17.9.
Attachments
Screenshot_16.png
Screenshot_16.png (36.62 KiB) Viewed 4071 times
Last edited by Twsted on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

Incase something is wrong with my screen-shot, here is a close up.
Attachments
Screenshot_16-b.jpg
Screenshot_16-b.jpg (72.93 KiB) Viewed 4071 times

ElHubert
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ElHubert »

Is this Mod free to reuse it, rework it and publish it under a new name etc. ? I'm totaly out of this licensing stuff, but i loved the mod and as I'm studing computer science I think i should be able to rework it. Would be a lot of work, but I need to be shure about this licens stuff. Maybe another way is, to rename the items a bit an the mod - creating a more or less "very similar" mod...

ShEsHy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ShEsHy »

ElHubert wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:07 am
Is this Mod free to reuse it, rework it and publish it under a new name etc. ? I'm totaly out of this licensing stuff, but i loved the mod and as I'm studing computer science I think i should be able to rework it. Would be a lot of work, but I need to be shure about this licens stuff. Maybe another way is, to rename the items a bit an the mod - creating a more or less "very similar" mod...
According to the license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ on the first page:
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
TLDR; If I'm understanding this correctly, you can do whatever you want with the mod, as long as you credit the original author, don't charge for it, and don't change the license.
I'd suggest Factorio Re-extended as the name, so that fans of the mod know where it came from and are more likely to pick it up. Also, if/when you make the new mod, please post a link to it here, so that people will know that there's a new version.

Twsted
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Twsted »

ShEsHy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:40 pm
ElHubert wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:07 am
According to the license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ on the first page:
You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
TLDR; If I'm understanding this correctly, you can do whatever you want with the mod, as long as you credit the original author, don't charge for it, and don't change the license.
I'd suggest Factorio Re-extended as the name, so that fans of the mod know where it came from and are more likely to pick it up. Also, if/when you make the new mod, please post a link to it here, so that people will know that there's a new version.
Someone already did, even though their latest update crashes the game. here is the updated version.
as I found out last night by a friend after posting my crash report here.
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=61423

Castorakles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Castorakles »

Twsted wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:05 am
Incase something is wrong with my screen-shot, here is a close up.
has there been a fix yet?

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

Have you tried using "Factorio Extended Plus" ?

You can find all the primary mods under https://mods.factorio.com/user/jimmyjon711

Return to “Mods”