[MOD 0.17.x]Factorio Extended 4.0103.17

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheWesDude
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x]Factorio Extended 0.2.7

Post by TheWesDude »

{Bug Report}

the pumpjack mark 2 has no fluid output. the animation will play, but no oil is output.

vrga
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vrga »

hi, just wondering, did you end up incorporating any of my changes in the end?

TheWesDude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheWesDude »

don't see where its been updated yet, still 0.2.7

Crommus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crommus »

TheWesDude wrote:{Bug Report}

the pumpjack mark 2 has no fluid output. the animation will play, but no oil is output.
I can confirm that as I just happened to trip over that one aswell.

TheWesDude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheWesDude »

we really need an updated official release to fix the oil refinery and pumpjack mk2 issues

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

There is another issue now with 0.15.10 and the boiler-mk2 as they changed this:
"Steam is now internally a separate fluid from hot water."

I'm getting this error now while loading:
"Error while loading entity prototype "boiler-mk2" (boiler): Key "fluid_input" not found in property tree at ROOT.boiler.boiler-mk2"

Fixed file attached.
TheWesDude wrote:we really need an updated official release to fix the oil refinery and pumpjack mk2 issues
The Oil-refinery was fixed by me, go to the past page there is the corrected file. I will not fix pumpjack, as it's not critical. I leave it to the mod owner.
Attachments
FactorioExtended-Power_0.2.7.zip
(21.88 MiB) Downloaded 149 times

TheWesDude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheWesDude »

that's what I am saying, we need the mod owner to update with these 2 fixes you have provided, a fix for the big power pole mark 3 power area not matching the power pole, and fixing the pumpjack mark 2

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JoeWhizer »

Right, I realized that too. The power area is quite offset. For some reason mk2 is working well.

He is obviously busy with other stuff, so we need to wait. I also hope he will update the mod as soon as possible.

I'll further try to take care of every critical issue after patches if the game will not load or crash.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

JoeWhizer wrote:Right, I realized that too. The power area is quite offset. For some reason mk2 is working well.

He is obviously busy with other stuff, so we need to wait. I also hope he will update the mod as soon as possible.

I'll further try to take care of every critical issue after patches if the game will not load or crash.
Just got back from a trip will update later tonight or tomorrow.

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x]Factorio Extended 0.2.8

Post by JoeWhizer »

thanks for the update, but sadly you not included my balance update to logistic 4+5.

Logistic 3 is more expensive than 4+5 together......

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

JoeWhizer wrote:thanks for the update, but sadly you not included my balance update to logistic 4+5.

Logistic 3 is more expensive than 4+5 together......
Sorry this was just too fix the issues of it crashing i will change that in the next major update.

flywinged
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by flywinged »

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but it looks like your fluid recipes are still 10x less expensive than they should be. At least it appears that way from the research screen. I'm referring to the higher level belts and splitters and things. I assume if those are a problem, the storage tanks and train tanks might also still be 10x too small? Imm still early in the game, so not sure about those.

TheWesDude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheWesDude »

are there any updates on when you are going to be releasing a major update to fix and add some of the stuff?

like the research costs and add the mark 2 centerfuges?

I have been trying to get this mod a LOT of exposure within the factorio community but lots of people complain about some of these issues such as the fluid costs for the upgraded belt stuff and the research costs still seem to be aligned with 0.14 rather than given a full update to 0.15 including accounting for the infinite research options

EDIT
oh and the personal robo port mark 2 over-writes the base game one, and is actually less efficient than the vanilla mark 2 robo port

and the extended mark 2 miners cannot be placed on uranium mining spots

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

TheWesDude wrote:are there any updates on when you are going to be releasing a major update to fix and add some of the stuff?

like the research costs and add the mark 2 centerfuges?

I have been trying to get this mod a LOT of exposure within the factorio community but lots of people complain about some of these issues such as the fluid costs for the upgraded belt stuff and the research costs still seem to be aligned with 0.14 rather than given a full update to 0.15 including accounting for the infinite research options

EDIT
oh and the personal robo port mark 2 over-writes the base game one, and is actually less efficient than the vanilla mark 2 robo port

and the extended mark 2 miners cannot be placed on uranium mining spots
Thank you for bringing all this to my attention. I will be updating the mod soon. I will put a post on the main page when I know an ETA.

TheWesDude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheWesDude »

if you could also revisit the resource costs for the upgraded furnaces/assemblers that would be great.

they all seem to require 2 eff 3 modules which is a very large resource investment, but is actually much less than putting them in a furnace itself. it would make far more sense for the 1st tier to require say 1-2 eff 1 modules and the 2nd tier require say 2 eff 2 modules.

I do really like that you did not change the research for the titanium requestor/storage allowing you to actually get that research prior to the stock requestor/storage but with the increased cost of each chest being titanium resource rather than as cheap as the vanilla ones.

also what about the possibility of adding say a 10% production bonus to the furnaces for the higher tier and adding a like 2 productivity 1 or 1 productivity 2 or 2 productivity 2 modules to the cost. maybe add a "productivity tier" to the oil stuff and furnaces and miners with that for a further upgrade option.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

TheWesDude wrote:if you could also revisit the resource costs for the upgraded furnaces/assemblers that would be great.

they all seem to require 2 eff 3 modules which is a very large resource investment, but is actually much less than putting them in a furnace itself. it would make far more sense for the 1st tier to require say 1-2 eff 1 modules and the 2nd tier require say 2 eff 2 modules.

I do really like that you did not change the research for the titanium requestor/storage allowing you to actually get that research prior to the stock requestor/storage but with the increased cost of each chest being titanium resource rather than as cheap as the vanilla ones.

also what about the possibility of adding say a 10% production bonus to the furnaces for the higher tier and adding a like 2 productivity 1 or 1 productivity 2 or 2 productivity 2 modules to the cost. maybe add a "productivity tier" to the oil stuff and furnaces and miners with that for a further upgrade option.
These are all great ideas and I will keep them all in mind when doing the next update. Thank you so much for your feedback and support its great help to me.

TheWesDude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheWesDude »

any update for the new version?

Parapre
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Parapre »

I just wanted to drop by and say nice job on this mod. It adds just enough without getting crazy like Bob's/Dytech/Angel. I came for the Transport and will probably be back for Storage at some point. I was going to mention that many of the upgrades cost far less science amount and type than they should but I see it's been mentioned and you're working on it. Nice job!

arthens
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by arthens »

I'm having problems upgrading from .14 to .15. The migrations don't seem to run or are not working... and as a result I'm losing all items that have been renamed (e.g. stone walls and locomotives).

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Any tip?

arthens
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by arthens »

Found the problem. The migration file from Extended Transport contains 4 JSON objects instead of 1 (https://gist.github.com/anonymous/27053 ... cdf0ace659). The game seems to be executing the first one and ignoring the other 3.

Merging the 4 json objects into 1 object with 4 keys fixed the problem.

I also noticed a couple of missing migration items:
- small-pump-mk2 to pump-mk2 (Transport)
- reinforced-stone-wall to (?) (Weaponery)
- reinforced-gate to (?) (Weaponery)

Return to “Mods”