Topics and discussion about specific mods
kok-the-rock
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x]Factorio Extended 0.2.1

Post by kok-the-rock »

Hi!

First: thanks for your Mod!

I seem to have experienced a problem with your Mod however... I just can't find any titanium ore on the map... I went exploring a very big area that was black before to see if i can find it, but after exploring a couple of hours and uncovering a part of the map at least as big as the part i already had uncovered after 50h of playing i still couldn't find any titanium ore. I am using factorio version 0.14.5 and all your mods in version 0.2.1.

I hope you can help me. Thanks!

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

kok-the-rock wrote:Hi!

First: thanks for your Mod!

I seem to have experienced a problem with your Mod however... I just can't find any titanium ore on the map... I went exploring a very big area that was black before to see if i can find it, but after exploring a couple of hours and uncovering a part of the map at least as big as the part i already had uncovered after 50h of playing i still couldn't find any titanium ore. I am using factorio version 0.14.5 and all your mods in version 0.2.1.

I hope you can help me. Thanks!
You craft titanium it is not mineable. I believe that it is crafted with iron ore and some sort of chemical. You should be able to find the recipe in the inventory screen under the mod tab on the top left of the crafting side.

staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by staviq »

How do you open power armor mk3 inventory ? Right click does not work...

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

staviq wrote:How do you open power armor mk3 inventory ? Right click does not work...
It was an oversite on the update notes for the 0.14.x update I will fix it next update.
Last edited by NathGamer on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by staviq »

NathGamer wrote:
staviq wrote:How do you open power armor mk3 inventory ? Right click does not work...
It was an oversized on the update notes for the 0.14.x update I will fix it next update.
Ok, Thanks for fast reply !

Iorek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Iorek »

Any chance I can get just the personal roboport Mk2 as a stand alone mod?

vrga
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x]Factorio Extended 0.2.3

Post by vrga »

Hi, just to let you know, i'll be throwing some pull requests on github for your mods to fix some personal pet peeves, like no circuit connections on MK2/MK3 accumulators and such :)

I bet i'll find lots of fun stuff that changed in vanilla since you started your mod and hey, lua, yaaay :D

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

vrga wrote:Hi, just to let you know, i'll be throwing some pull requests on github for your mods to fix some personal pet peeves, like no circuit connections on MK2/MK3 accumulators and such :)

I bet i'll find lots of fun stuff that changed in vanilla since you started your mod and hey, lua, yaaay :D
That would be awesome. Anything you put up there I will take look at and change for the next version if I agree with the changes.

vrga
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vrga »

NathGamer wrote:
vrga wrote:Hi, just to let you know, i'll be throwing some pull requests on github for your mods to fix some personal pet peeves, like no circuit connections on MK2/MK3 accumulators and such :)

That would be awesome. Anything you put up there I will take look at and change for the next version if I agree with the changes.
:D

I cant reply to PM's yet because of the freshness of my account at the moment, but it seems like the latest on github is 0.2.1, but you released 0.2.3, could you please push the stuff to github?

Also, as a side note, one personal pet peeve of mine is for roboports mk2 and mk3, apart from range, they dont really give anything that much in bonus, so one idea would be to maybe add more charging slots? Seems to be trivial enough to do, just adding more charging offsets is enough, but on the other hand it looks a bit weird, with the bots charging in free air instead of charging over just the charging "arms" so i may do some graphics for this as well. Maybe increase the size of the ports as well, so they are a bit more space hungry than the stock one. like, stock is 4x4 tiles, mk2 is 5x5, mk3 is 6x6? or more :D

will also need to test these in my normal play world to see power consumption/charging speed is not too overpowering.

Also, on a third note, moving the graphics, sounds and localisations out of core and into the relevant subprojects might be a nice idea.

vrga
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vrga »

Okay, made 3 pull requests today, on Logistics, Power and Transport

Also, maybe helpful note for the future, i'm doing my text editing fun via PyCharm community edition and the Lua plugin for it. I do apologise if the pull request on Power looks like a mess as i ran the auto-formatter on it, but i think that any IntelliJ based editor is a better editor for code like this than pretty much anything else on the market :D

Also, as a side note for myself, when a new version is made, use this snippet to rename repo folders...

Code: Select all

OLD_VER="0.2.4"; NEW_VER="0.2.3"; START_DIR=`pwd`; for I in FactorioExtended-*; do cd $I && git pull --rebase; cd ${START_DIR} && mv $I `echo $I | sed -e "s/${OLD_VER}/${NEW_VER}/"`; done

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

vrga wrote:Okay, made 3 pull requests today, on Logistics, Power and Transport

Also, maybe helpful note for the future, i'm doing my text editing fun via PyCharm community edition and the Lua plugin for it. I do apologise if the pull request on Power looks like a mess as i ran the auto-formatter on it, but i think that any IntelliJ based editor is a better editor for code like this than pretty much anything else on the market :D

Also, as a side note for myself, when a new version is made, use this snippet to rename repo folders...

Code: Select all

OLD_VER="0.2.4"; NEW_VER="0.2.3"; START_DIR=`pwd`; for I in FactorioExtended-*; do cd $I && git pull --rebase; cd ${START_DIR} && mv $I `echo $I | sed -e "s/${OLD_VER}/${NEW_VER}/"`; done
Thank you!

GenghisOO
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GenghisOO »

I am having an issue with this mod. I can use the chemical plant to make titanium ore, however i have found nothing that will let me take the titanium ore and turn it into plates. Smelters give me a message saying the ore can not be smelted. I have tried multiple different types of smelters (stone, electric, electric mk2). I my version just having a conflict with another mod or am i missing something obvious?

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

GenghisOO wrote:I am having an issue with this mod. I can use the chemical plant to make titanium ore, however i have found nothing that will let me take the titanium ore and turn it into plates. Smelters give me a message saying the ore can not be smelted. I have tried multiple different types of smelters (stone, electric, electric mk2). I my version just having a conflict with another mod or am i missing something obvious?
It takes 2/3 titanium ore to make a single plate. That might be your problem. Let me know if this helps.

GenghisOO
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GenghisOO »

I do not even see a Titanium plate recipe. I have attempted to put 20 titanium ore in multiple smelters, but it just gives me an error saying that titanium ore can not be smelted. I show that it is researched, it just does not seem to work as a recipe.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

GenghisOO wrote:I do not even see a Titanium plate recipe. I have attempted to put 20 titanium ore in multiple smelters, but it just gives me an error saying that titanium ore can not be smelted. I show that it is researched, it just does not seem to work as a recipe.
Okay I will look into the issue. Thank you for letting me know.

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

So are your walls suposed to have a larger collision box or was that a typo? .29 for stone and .31 for yours breaks fast replace and blocks layering love that they are bright white really Pops ^_~

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

TatsuZZMage wrote:So are your walls suposed to have a larger collision box or was that a typo? .29 for stone and .31 for yours breaks fast replace and blocks layering love that they are bright white really Pops ^_~

sorry one of the recent updates might have changed something I will look at it for the next update thank you.

Castorakles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Castorakles »

Thanks for this awsome mod.

One question - can you make a small change so it is compatible with bobs mod (they both need titanium). Because i want to add factorio extended to a game with bobs mods with 40+ hours and if a activate factorio extended it erases the bobs titanium plates. The only way is to reset all research (which is a lot to research again after 40+ hours).

SirSmuggler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SirSmuggler »

NathGamer wrote:
GenghisOO wrote:I do not even see a Titanium plate recipe. I have attempted to put 20 titanium ore in multiple smelters, but it just gives me an error saying that titanium ore can not be smelted. I show that it is researched, it just does not seem to work as a recipe.
Okay I will look into the issue. Thank you for letting me know.
I've got the same issue after updating to the 0.14 version. Titanium ore can not be inserted into any furnace. I tryed refreshing recepies and technologies with the console command, but no change.

Love the mod though.

CreatorBurden
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CreatorBurden »

The power armor that you add only has a 13x13 grid instead of the 16x16 you say it has here.

In game:

Also, a lot of in game item/research names are like this:

Most of the researches are like that.

I was really hoping to have no issues in game with this mod, was looking forward to all the crazy upgrades.

Return to “Mods”