[MOD 0.17.x]Factorio Extended 4.0103.17

Topics and discussion about specific mods
cajuninabox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.3

Post by cajuninabox »

I'm not sure if it's a recent update, but I can no longer craft anything from the weaponry mod. I tried toggling the recipes to enabled = true and reloading the game, but that didn't work. I also tried the recipes console command from the faq, and that didn't work either. Any ideas?

edit: So apparently I forgot to check the factorio basics tab of the inventory. Eh... heh. Problem solved.

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

Love this mod, especially the high end power poles and substations.
Started a new map with this and a few other mods so haven't made much use of other stuff in it yet except for spawning via console just to check out the items.

One thing I notice is that the Fast Inserter MK3 is almost the same shade of blue as the regular Fast Inserter, but the icon for it in the craft menu shows a purple inserter. So I decided to change it a bit in my game. Nothing fancy, just adjusted the red, blue, and brightness/contrast a bit in the textures to make it closer to the craft menu icon and easily stand out from the standard fast inserter. Top inserters in the pic are regular fast inserters, bottom ones are the MK3.
fast-inserter-mk3.rar
(10.8 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
mk3.jpg
mk3.jpg (29.21 KiB) Viewed 6801 times

Leosmellsgood
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leosmellsgood »

Hey im loving this mod really well done but the only qualm i have is that i was looking for a miner/drill upgrade/improvement and that was strangely not part of the implements..? I feel like thats the only possible negative feedback xD really good mod loving it, extends the game perfectly

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.5

Post by Anson »

The description of the mod sounds very nice,
and i just downloaded it (but didn't test it yet).

here are some notes of what looked a bit strange to me in the first post (for version 0.1.5, factorio 0.12.33) :
NathGamer wrote: All items in blue are vanilla Factorio items so you can compare and contrast.

Long Handed Inserter (Extention-Speed: 0.0457, ..., Smart-Functionality: False)
-Fast Long Handed Inserter (Extention-Speed: 0.08, ..., Smart-Functionality: False)
-Smart Long Handed Inserter (Extention-Speed: 0.07, ..., Smart-Functionality: True)
very nice to have those blue comparisons and a list of all items with their values right in the first post!

the new inserters are quite a bit faster than vanilla, but the smart version is slower than the nonsmart version.
is that intended ?
I always like to be able to select an upgrade, or to use "just the best" (if i have enough resources to make them, and enough energy to power them) without need to check all the details and without having to replace them back and forth to have either the max speed or temporarily use the filter option or networking capabilities (restrict amount of items in a chest, etc)
NathGamer wrote: Medium Electric Pole (Supply Area: 7x7, Wire Reach: 9)
-Medium Electric Pole Mk2 (Supply Area: 14x14, Wire Reach: 14)
-Medium Electric Pole Mk3 (Supply Area: 18x18, Wire Reach: 18)

Big Electric Pole Mk2 (Supply Area: 4x4, Wire Reach: 30)
-Big Electric Pole Mk2 (Supply Area: 4x4, Wire Reach: 60)
-Big Electric Pole Mk3 (Supply Area: 4x4, Wire Reach: 120)

Substation (Supply Area: 14x14, Wire Reach: 14)
-Substation Mk2 (Supply Area: 28x28, Wire Reach: 28)
-Substation Mk3 (Supply Area: 56x56, Wire Reach: 56)[/size]
doubling the reach for the mk2/3 while keeping the area the same sounds very reasonable for the big poles, but doesn't the same strategy make the substations a bit op ? with the given values for reach, you almost can replace big poles mk1(vanilla) by substations mk2 (30 vs 28), and big poles mk2 by substations mk3 (60 vs 56), and get their enormous area at the same time (area = reach² instead of constant 4²). maybe for big poles, the reach should increase linearly, and for substations the area should increase linearly (14x14=196 area for mk1, 20x20~=392 for mk2, 28x28=784 for mk3, with reach accordingly set to 14/20/28).
as i said above, i just downloaded it and didn't test it yet, but that was my first impression when reading the values.

the medium poles also look a bit strange: their reach is not bigger than the edge length of their area, and the medium mk2 has identical area and reach to the vanilla substation (much larger than the vanilla medium), while the mk3 is only a little bigger than the mk2.
the small vanilla poles have area 5x5 with reach 7.5, causing the areas of diagonally placed poles to barely touch, and the medium poles have area 7x7 with reach 9, causing such diagonally placed areas to overlap by a single tile. extending that sequence, i would have assumed that the edge length increases much less, to an area like 9x9 (with reach 12.5) for mk2, and 11x11 or 13x13 (with reach 15.5) for mk3. maybe even 5 (+2) 7 (+4) 11 (+6) 17 (with reach 7.5/9/14.5/20.5, to have similar overlap of 0/1/2/3 tiles on diagonals), but not 5 (+2) 7 (*2) 14 (+4) 18, and most of all also keeping the game mechanics for poles (in contrast to substations) of values for reach being bigger than values for area (edge length).
pictures of areas and reaches

for the following items, i assume that these are typing errors ?
list of a lot of possible typing errors
NathGamer wrote: -Transport Engineer 1 and 2 : (Unlocks: ..., Rapid Slitter Mk1/2)
finally some kind of chainsaw to fight the critters "with style" ?
can we use those transort items as weaons ? :P

anyway, i hope to see all those nice items (and more) also after we get 0.13.

thanks a lot for all the work and expansion.

TheWesDude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheWesDude »

i really hope this mod gets updated when .13 gets released because if it does, after i get a normal game or 2 in i would probably stream this

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

Thank you all for your suggestions and support it mean a lot to me. A couple of thinks to note are.

1. I do plan to update to 0.13.x
2. I am still balancing and add to the mod it is NOT finished
3. Any suggestions you have are always welcome

Thank you all again and I hope you all have a great day.

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nebbeh »

Just a question, is there an easy way for me to remove what I dont want from the packs? I am using Bob's and would really like just certain items from some of your packs. Other than that awesome mods :)

Catts
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.5 / [0.13.x] 0.1.7Test

Post by Catts »

Just wanted to say thanks for making and updating this mod. This mod is a must-have for me and I haven't been able to play 0.13 without it.

Nebbeh
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.5 / [0.13.x] 0.1.7Test

Post by Nebbeh »

Thanks for the update! Any eta on weaponry? :)

m2cengine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x|0.13.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.9

Post by m2cengine »

I'm getting an error when I installed core/equip/logistics/machines/power/weaponry from the in-game addon browser. Game version 13.6

Error is:

Error in assignID, item with name 'pipe-mk2' does not exist.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

m2cengine wrote:I'm getting an error when I installed core/equip/logistics/machines/power/weaponry from the in-game addon browser. Game version 13.6

Error is:

Error in assignID, item with name 'pipe-mk2' does not exist.
Hi sorry about this, I forgot that I added a recipe with an item from a different component and forgot to add the logic in for it. Here are the new versions of the core/machine component. Just download these ones and replace them with the ones in your mods folder and the problem should be fixed. I also replaced the ones on the website so people don't have the problem in the future.

Core
Machines

Thank you for telling me about this so I could fix it.

m2cengine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by m2cengine »

Thanks for the quick update! Works - will definitely try this mod once I'm done with my current game.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

m2cengine wrote:Thanks for the quick update! Works - will definitely try this mod once I'm done with my current game.
No problem I am glad that it was caught, and I hope that enjoy my mod. :D

meAndmyself
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by meAndmyself »

First of all thank you for all the hard work on the mod. I've enjoyed playing with it very much.

The nerfing in the latest release though is kind of frustrating. Your reduced range of the power poles and roboports basically means that my entire base is broken and has to be reworked, which is a not very enjoyable process at all. Of course I could edit the mod files, but then I have to do that on every release, which is also not enjoyable. So I would like to ask you if you can find it in your heart to reconsider the nerfing because for me at least neither spamming more power poles nor spamming more roboports all over the place actually improves the enjoyment in playing Factorio.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

meAndmyself wrote:First of all thank you for all the hard work on the mod. I've enjoyed playing with it very much.

The nerfing in the latest release though is kind of frustrating. Your reduced range of the power poles and roboports basically means that my entire base is broken and has to be reworked, which is a not very enjoyable process at all. Of course I could edit the mod files, but then I have to do that on every release, which is also not enjoyable. So I would like to ask you if you can find it in your heart to reconsider the nerfing because for me at least neither spamming more power poles nor spamming more roboports all over the place actually improves the enjoyment in playing Factorio.
I am planning on adding more tiers of the substation and robots and robotports in the next update so was preparing for that I do apologize for the inconvenience.

ShEsHy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ShEsHy »

I get this error at launch with mod version 0.1.9 and Factorio version 0.13.11:

Code: Select all

Error Util.cpp:58: Failed to load mod "FactorioExtended-Transport 0.1.9"
__FactorioExtended-Transport__/data.lua:8: ...ended-Transport__/prototypes/entity/entity-transport.lua:724: attempt to call global 'get_circuit_connector_sprites' (a nil value)

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

ShEsHy wrote:I get this error at launch with mod version 0.1.9 and Factorio version 0.13.11:

__FactorioExtended-Transport__/data.lua:8: ...ended-Transport__/prototypes/entity/entity-transport.lua:724: attempt to call global 'get_circuit_connector_sprites' (a nil value)
Looking into it. Thanks

tetkris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tetkris »

mod do not work with 0.13.11 version , I do not tried earlier versions

ShEsHy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ShEsHy »

NathGamer wrote:
ShEsHy wrote:I get this error at launch with mod version 0.1.9 and Factorio version 0.13.11:

Looking into it. Thanks
Please ignore that. I was being an idiot and didn't set Steam to download experimental versions, so it was still on 0.12.35. Set it to download experimental now and the game starts fine on 0.13.13.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer »

ShEsHy wrote:
NathGamer wrote:

Looking into it. Thanks
Please ignore that. I was being an idiot and didn't set Steam to download experimental versions, so it was still on 0.12.35. Set it to download experimental now and the game starts fine on 0.13.13.
Great to hear.

Return to “Mods”