Filter Inserter

[Mod 0.12.22]Enemies+ V: 0.0.1 Open testing -Tunnel digger

Post by jorgenRe »

Info
  • Name: -Enemies +Latest release- 0.0.1
    Factorio version: 0.12.22
    Download:
    enemies+_0.0.1.zip
    Testing build so NOT BALANCED! Only for people to check out, learn from or have fun seeing their base desimated if settings are tweaked.
    (22.99 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
    License: Found with the downloaded files. it is really open :)!
    Depencies: None
    Tags: New kinds of enemies, tunneller, exploding.
    Author: Jorgen Re
Hi, this is a mod i have been eager to create for so long and finally i got some time free in between school, jobs, family etc.
It is a mod that is to change the way you defend your factory fully! A mod that stops players from just putting down some walls and lasers/gunturrets thinking it will be enough to stop those biters from entering your base.
Yet we got land mines, electrical discharge and concrete. Yes concrete because this mod adds BURROWING biters. Or better known as tunneldiggers. They will dig their way into your base. Behind your defenses that you thought would be enough and destroy your base.

Okay that evil i'm not, but this mod focuses on increasing the variety of the defending your base by introducing new kinds of biters that have new and unique mechanincs compared to the original.

All suggestions are wanted and will be considered if they are possible. Though most of them are, the burrowing biter is a great example of the possibilities!

It is highly apreciated if i can get some feedback on bugs and other sorts of problems. I will be starting from tomorrow of a new game where i will be keeping the game at different stages for testing purposes.

If you want to test the mod out feel free to do so, but be warned it may be a little overwhelming to suddenly have biters appear inside your base :twisted:!

Also the spawning of burrowing worms in already generated chunks is currently not implemented, though they will still generate on_chunk_generated!

A worm can be spawned on selected entity using the following command:

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("enemies+","spawnWorm", game.players[1].selected.position.x, game.players[1].selected.position.x)
If you have a worm hole you cannot remove it currently unless you destroy the nest. Just make sure that you use land mines :)!

Worm hole

Planned features
Check out the reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... d_variety/
Port A* pathfinder code from javascript to lua(unless access to the pathfinder already in Factorio is granted)
Pluss more to come!

Next version will include optimisations and balancing as a result of testing.
Changelog
Release
Last edited by jorgenRe on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.12.22]Enemies+ V: 0.0.1 Open testing -Tunnel digger

Post by Arch666Angel »

Woohoo time to harvest the spice, the dune worms are here! :D

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

Arch666Angel wrote:Woohoo time to harvest the spice, the dune worms are here! :D
Don't say I didn't warn you, at least you should know from next build they will only launch attacks if the pollution by them is grater than xx.
Right now they will attack no matter what, but it should be a fairly small spawn rate so don't you worry :)!

PS destroy those random chests.
Logo

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

"That's how they getcha. They're under the goddamned ground!"

Whoo, I've been looking forward to burrowing worms for quite some time now. Time to spawn some of these suckers in. :)

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

So they won't spawn if you pave the base with concrete?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

devilwarriors wrote:So they won't spawn if you pave the base with concrete?
Tunnelers are blocked by concrete, yes.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Each time I got out of the base with my car there this non stop O:O that get outputed to the chat

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

devilwarriors wrote:Each time I got out of the base with my car there this non stop O:O that get outputed to the chat

Random forgotten debug text :)!

PS you should be happy it is 0:0 as that means no worm spawned ;)!
Logo

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

Wow, nice work,
and if you want, we can work together to make it compatible with the subsurface mod (worms that go underground, go in the subsurface !)

jorgenRe wrote: Planned features
Port A* pathfinder code from javascript to lua(unless access to the pathfinder already in Factorio is granted)
I do believe the pathfinder is already available, although, it will consider entities as unpassable (so you cannot use it to go under stuff)
to get access to it, you can tell the unit to go to a position, and it will automatically go there using the pathfinder.
if this is not enough for you, some time ago, someone already ported it to lua, see there https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewtop ... ing#p14771
I don't know if it is still usable though

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

jorgenRe wrote:PS you should be happy it is 0:0 as that means no worm spawned ;)!
well that because it's not a new save.. so that also mean I won't be able to test you mod until I get out of my spawn area :P

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

StanFear wrote:Wow, nice work,
and if you want, we can work together to make it compatible with the subsurface mod (worms that go underground, go in the subsurface !)
Making this mod compatible with your mod would certainly be a good thing to increase the difficulty of your mod to stop people from being fully secure from enemies whilst in a subsurface. So if you want to make it compatible with yours then sure we could work together :D!
Il have to focus on getting it to work properly with the normal surface then if you could setup a plan then sure we could do that!

StanFear wrote:
jorgenRe wrote: Planned features
I do believe the pathfinder is already available, although, it will consider entities as unpassable (so you cannot use it to go under stuff)
to get access to it, you can tell the unit to go to a position, and it will automatically go there using the pathfinder.
if this is not enough for you, some time ago, someone already ported it to lua, see there https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewtop ... ing#p14771
I don't know if it is still usable though
It should be possible using his code. Il have to take a look at it, but seeing as he talked about weight and stuff i guess his is a little more advanced than mine, but then why should i create another one when one can instead build onto someone elses work to make it better so everyone will have access to a better pathfinder than two pathfinders :)! (my A* code is just the basic go here to there in the shortest route possible).
Only thing is i will have to look into making the path finder work slowly and reuse paths as it would certainly be a very bad idea to start pathing a very long distance. I have only done for short distances.
Logo

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

devilwarriors wrote:
jorgenRe wrote:PS you should be happy it is 0:0 as that means no worm spawned ;)!
well that because it's not a new save.. so that also mean I won't be able to test you mod until I get out of my spawn area :P
Yup :)!
Do note the targeting is currently not implemented right when thinking about it so its umm gonna put out targets everywhere, but il come with a fix to the targeting so that it only creates targets that are useful for the biters :P!
Logo

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

Arch666Angel wrote:Woohoo time to harvest the spice, the dune worms are here! :D
Haha, exactly what I was thinking :D

Supercheese wrote:
devilwarriors wrote:So they won't spawn if you pave the base with concrete?
Tunnelers are blocked by concrete, yes.
Awesome. Now that is even more dune 2. And a good use for concrete. Will they spawn in the small area around water where you cant place concrete?
Great mod nonetheless.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

miturion wrote: Awesome. Now that is even more dune 2. And a good use for concrete. Will they spawn in the small area around water where you cant place concrete?
Great mod nonetheless.
The spawners are spawned where it locates atleast 2 spawners and there is no other in a set radius around it.
Logo

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Will there be tunnel diggers that specifically counter concrete?

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

jorgenRe wrote:
miturion wrote: Awesome. Now that is even more dune 2. And a good use for concrete. Will they spawn in the small area around water where you cant place concrete?
Great mod nonetheless.
The spawners are spawned where it locates atleast 2 spawners and there is no other in a set radius around it.
Maybe a picture makes the question more clear. Do the wormholes appear in the area around water? (red lines) Where you normally cannot place concrete.
water edge
water edge
wateredge.png (232.65 KiB) Viewed 16209 times

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

miturion wrote:
jorgenRe wrote:
Great mod nonetheless.
Maybe a picture makes the question more clear. Do the wormholes appear in the area around water? (red lines) Where you normally cannot place concrete.
wateredge.png
Where you can't place concrete was a half bad fix, but most likely a temporary fix to a bug where building and removing concrete would create new Land. So yes they can appear there!
Logo

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

jorgenRe wrote: Where you can't place concrete was a half bad fix, but most likely a temporary fix to a bug where building and removing concrete would create new Land. So yes they can appear there!
I see

Zackreaver
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zackreaver »

Neat, More enemy variety is just what this game needs.

Mind if I add my little suggestion?

How about a spawner enemy, an enemy that when it's a certain distance away from the base (About 2 times the range of a turret) it starts using a weapon that simply spawns other biters. It's whole purpose is to siege a base, stress the ammo and power reserves of turrets.

Also, how about a flying enemy, obviously they can fly over walls, but their weakness is they are attracted to lights, and will prefer to destroy those first before destroying anything else. But they are also attracted to power lines.

Zaeon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zaeon »

I really dig this mod. Hehehehe.

No but seriously, good shit. Soon as destroying the worm holes stops the invasion I'll be using this regularly.

Return to “Mods”