Page 5 of 12

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:07 pm
by kiba
MY FRIENDS! I had completed my project of adding a tunnel borer in which you don't have to drive.

By no means it's bug free, so download AT YOUR OWN RISK.

There is some 'improper' coding, like unnecessary duplication of code, but it works. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

KNOWN BUG:

* Fiction modifier has zero effect!
* It automatically digs!
* OP! PLZ NERF!

Also, it only works with coal and raw wood.

And the vehicle's name is "mini-borer".

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:05 pm
by SuicidalKid
Running with 12.24 supplies the error:
"error in assignID, item name with 'tunnel-entrance' does not exist."

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:44 pm
by StanFear
SuicidalKid wrote:Running with 12.24 supplies the error:
"error in assignID, item name with 'tunnel-entrance' does not exist."
which version of subsurface are you running ?

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:00 am
by SuicidalKid
StanFear wrote:
SuicidalKid wrote:Running with 12.24 supplies the error:
"error in assignID, item name with 'tunnel-entrance' does not exist."
which version of subsurface are you running ?
Tried 0.0.3 from the main post, and the one you attached above, both have the same issue. They worked before I updated to 12.24, and now they don't.

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:07 am
by StanFear
SuicidalKid wrote: Tried 0.0.3 from the main post, and the one you attached above, both have the same issue. They worked before I updated to 12.24, and now they don't.
ok, this is weird, switching from 0.12.23 to 0.12.24 shouldn't cnahge a thing ...
is it when the game is loading (splash screen) or inside the game, and if inside the game, after doing what ?

oh, and FYI, the one attached above is not an official version, it is a version kiba made which have an automated borer, afaik, it is the only change he made !


Anyone else have the same issue SuicidalKid has ?

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:44 pm
by SuicidalKid
StanFear wrote:
SuicidalKid wrote: Tried 0.0.3 from the main post, and the one you attached above, both have the same issue. They worked before I updated to 12.24, and now they don't.
ok, this is weird, switching from 0.12.23 to 0.12.24 shouldn't cnahge a thing ...
is it when the game is loading (splash screen) or inside the game, and if inside the game, after doing what ?

oh, and FYI, the one attached above is not an official version, it is a version kiba made which have an automated borer, afaik, it is the only change he made !


Anyone else have the same issue SuicidalKid has ?
It's in the splash screen before the game is loaded. I knew it wasn't an official version, but it was still neat to try out. I never tested the borer though.

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:25 pm
by Factorio2016
[idea] - Playground (room) on a rock!
You can add a room in the mountains. Put the trees into the Assembly machine - she's building a stairway to heaven.
First you need to add the generation of big mountain as a simple ore.
White or pale blue instead of the Black color around.

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:59 am
by StanFear
Factorio2016 wrote:[idea] - Playground (room) on a rock!
You can add a room in the mountains. Put the trees into the Assembly machine - she's building a stairway to heaven.
First you need to add the generation of big mountain as a simple ore.
White or pale blue instead of the Black color around.
or, instead of an ore, I could add a whole biome ! which would not be walkable !

and, Yes, I have been thinking of that for a while, but I don't think I could keep the name subsurfaces if I added that in !

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:08 pm
by miturion
This looks impressive. Keep up the good work.

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:18 am
by StanFear
miturion wrote:This looks impressive. Keep up the good work.
Thnaks ! And I am !
soon :
  • air vent GFX (thanks to yuoki)
  • fluid elevator
  • independent itemps elevator

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:42 pm
by Ratzap
This is a very interesting project, I hope you continue with it. Something you might want to add to the feature list is the possibility of biters finding the tunnels? Maybe on higher population/aggression settings they sense vibration if you tunnel near their base and dig into it?

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:14 am
by GproKaru
Great mod! I've found a way to fix the cave walls in your mod.
In the tiles.lua file, set the layer for the "caveground" to a lower integer than the "cave-walls" layer. I just swapped them around to test it out and it works, just the tileset for the walls needs to be completed. (The cave walls U-shape is missing.)

Image

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:10 am
by StanFear
GproKaru wrote:Great mod! I've found a way to fix the cave walls in your mod.
In the tiles.lua file, set the layer for the "caveground" to a lower integer than the "cave-walls" layer. I just swapped them around to test it out and it works, just the tileset for the walls needs to be completed. (The cave walls U-shape is missing.)

Image
Yeah, I know, but the other problem is that, with this solution, you can basically walk on the walls before the player gets stopped
also, it does work, because It was my first try, I removed it for the prvious reason, but did not bother to remove the graphics

the other problem to that solution is that having a 1 wide walls doesn't show properly, and 1 wide gaps don't eather

Anyways, in the next version, this is all sorted out !

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:23 pm
by GproKaru
StanFear wrote: the other problem to that solution is that having a 1 wide walls doesn't show properly, and 1 wide gaps don't eather

Anyways, in the next version, this is all sorted out !
Can't wait! I really like this mod so far and I was hoping to make an underground area mod myself but I'm still learning how to program in LUA coding.
I've been working on a factory decoration overhaul pack for factorio and If you'd like, I could assist with some visual assets if needed. Here's a screenshot of it so far~

Image

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:00 pm
by SuicidalKid
GproKaru wrote: Can't wait! I really like this mod so far and I was hoping to make an underground area mod myself but I'm still learning how to program in LUA coding.
I've been working on a factory decoration overhaul pack for factorio and If you'd like, I could assist with some visual assets if needed. Here's a screenshot of it so far~
Not even related to this, but damn that is amazing work on those graphics.

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:55 pm
by StanFear
GproKaru wrote:
StanFear wrote: the other problem to that solution is that having a 1 wide walls doesn't show properly, and 1 wide gaps don't eather

Anyways, in the next version, this is all sorted out !
Can't wait! I really like this mod so far and I was hoping to make an underground area mod myself but I'm still learning how to program in LUA coding.
I've been working on a factory decoration overhaul pack for factorio and If you'd like, I could assist with some visual assets if needed. Here's a screenshot of it so far~

Image
well, your graphics look really good for sure,
I'd love some help on the graphic department, I made a thread in the texture pack for it, go check it there : https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=19315

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:00 pm
by Supercheese
Nice looking graphics, I'll look forward to what you end up doing with them. :)

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:10 am
by enkindle
This is pretty cool, I had a thought when reading the description about not being able to do trains, you could do a custom chest, that when placed, actually creates a chest above and below in the same coords and when items are placed in one it ports them to the corresponding chest. ...Eh, two chests, one that sends items up and one that sends items down.

I believe the API has everything necessary to pull that off.

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:52 pm
by StanFear
enkindle wrote:This is pretty cool, I had a thought when reading the description about not being able to do trains, you could do a custom chest, that when placed, actually creates a chest above and below in the same coords and when items are placed in one it ports them to the corresponding chest. ...Eh, two chests, one that sends items up and one that sends items down.

I believe the API has everything necessary to pull that off.

well I already have transport belt linking, Why would I add a linked chest ?

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:23 pm
by y.petremann
GproKaru wrote:
StanFear wrote:I've been working on a factory decoration overhaul pack for factorio and If you'd like, I could assist with some visual assets if needed. Here's a screenshot of it so far~

Image
It looks amazing, I really like the graphics style but for me it don't goes with the factorio style, but I've an idea for you ...
Remaking factorio graphics to go with the pixel art style. Some time ago I've made a resource pack toolkit that permit to modify ingame textures by searching them in the code and so it would be possible to use it for that purpose.