[WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.4 : build beneath your base

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Post Reply
kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:32 am
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by kiba »

MY FRIENDS! I had completed my project of adding a tunnel borer in which you don't have to drive.

By no means it's bug free, so download AT YOUR OWN RISK.

There is some 'improper' coding, like unnecessary duplication of code, but it works. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

KNOWN BUG:

* Fiction modifier has zero effect!
* It automatically digs!
* OP! PLZ NERF!

Also, it only works with coal and raw wood.

And the vehicle's name is "mini-borer".
Attachments
Subsurface_0.0.3.zip
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 128 times

User avatar
SuicidalKid
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by SuicidalKid »

Running with 12.24 supplies the error:
"error in assignID, item name with 'tunnel-entrance' does not exist."
I have no idea what I'm doing.

User avatar
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by StanFear »

SuicidalKid wrote:Running with 12.24 supplies the error:
"error in assignID, item name with 'tunnel-entrance' does not exist."
which version of subsurface are you running ?

User avatar
SuicidalKid
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by SuicidalKid »

StanFear wrote:
SuicidalKid wrote:Running with 12.24 supplies the error:
"error in assignID, item name with 'tunnel-entrance' does not exist."
which version of subsurface are you running ?
Tried 0.0.3 from the main post, and the one you attached above, both have the same issue. They worked before I updated to 12.24, and now they don't.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

User avatar
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by StanFear »

SuicidalKid wrote: Tried 0.0.3 from the main post, and the one you attached above, both have the same issue. They worked before I updated to 12.24, and now they don't.
ok, this is weird, switching from 0.12.23 to 0.12.24 shouldn't cnahge a thing ...
is it when the game is loading (splash screen) or inside the game, and if inside the game, after doing what ?

oh, and FYI, the one attached above is not an official version, it is a version kiba made which have an automated borer, afaik, it is the only change he made !


Anyone else have the same issue SuicidalKid has ?

User avatar
SuicidalKid
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by SuicidalKid »

StanFear wrote:
SuicidalKid wrote: Tried 0.0.3 from the main post, and the one you attached above, both have the same issue. They worked before I updated to 12.24, and now they don't.
ok, this is weird, switching from 0.12.23 to 0.12.24 shouldn't cnahge a thing ...
is it when the game is loading (splash screen) or inside the game, and if inside the game, after doing what ?

oh, and FYI, the one attached above is not an official version, it is a version kiba made which have an automated borer, afaik, it is the only change he made !


Anyone else have the same issue SuicidalKid has ?
It's in the splash screen before the game is loaded. I knew it wasn't an official version, but it was still neat to try out. I never tested the borer though.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by Factorio2016 »

[idea] - Playground (room) on a rock!
You can add a room in the mountains. Put the trees into the Assembly machine - she's building a stairway to heaven.
First you need to add the generation of big mountain as a simple ore.
White or pale blue instead of the Black color around.
English is not my native language. Translator.

User avatar
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by StanFear »

Factorio2016 wrote:[idea] - Playground (room) on a rock!
You can add a room in the mountains. Put the trees into the Assembly machine - she's building a stairway to heaven.
First you need to add the generation of big mountain as a simple ore.
White or pale blue instead of the Black color around.
or, instead of an ore, I could add a whole biome ! which would not be walkable !

and, Yes, I have been thinking of that for a while, but I don't think I could keep the name subsurfaces if I added that in !

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:46 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by miturion »

This looks impressive. Keep up the good work.

User avatar
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by StanFear »

miturion wrote:This looks impressive. Keep up the good work.
Thnaks ! And I am !
soon :
  • air vent GFX (thanks to yuoki)
  • fluid elevator
  • independent itemps elevator

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:15 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by Ratzap »

This is a very interesting project, I hope you continue with it. Something you might want to add to the feature list is the possibility of biters finding the tunnels? Maybe on higher population/aggression settings they sense vibration if you tunnel near their base and dig into it?

User avatar
GproKaru
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:45 am
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by GproKaru »

Great mod! I've found a way to fix the cave walls in your mod.
In the tiles.lua file, set the layer for the "caveground" to a lower integer than the "cave-walls" layer. I just swapped them around to test it out and it works, just the tileset for the walls needs to be completed. (The cave walls U-shape is missing.)

Image

User avatar
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by StanFear »

GproKaru wrote:Great mod! I've found a way to fix the cave walls in your mod.
In the tiles.lua file, set the layer for the "caveground" to a lower integer than the "cave-walls" layer. I just swapped them around to test it out and it works, just the tileset for the walls needs to be completed. (The cave walls U-shape is missing.)

Image
Yeah, I know, but the other problem is that, with this solution, you can basically walk on the walls before the player gets stopped
also, it does work, because It was my first try, I removed it for the prvious reason, but did not bother to remove the graphics

the other problem to that solution is that having a 1 wide walls doesn't show properly, and 1 wide gaps don't eather

Anyways, in the next version, this is all sorted out !

User avatar
GproKaru
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:45 am
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by GproKaru »

StanFear wrote: the other problem to that solution is that having a 1 wide walls doesn't show properly, and 1 wide gaps don't eather

Anyways, in the next version, this is all sorted out !
Can't wait! I really like this mod so far and I was hoping to make an underground area mod myself but I'm still learning how to program in LUA coding.
I've been working on a factory decoration overhaul pack for factorio and If you'd like, I could assist with some visual assets if needed. Here's a screenshot of it so far~

Image

User avatar
SuicidalKid
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by SuicidalKid »

GproKaru wrote: Can't wait! I really like this mod so far and I was hoping to make an underground area mod myself but I'm still learning how to program in LUA coding.
I've been working on a factory decoration overhaul pack for factorio and If you'd like, I could assist with some visual assets if needed. Here's a screenshot of it so far~
Not even related to this, but damn that is amazing work on those graphics.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

User avatar
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by StanFear »

GproKaru wrote:
StanFear wrote: the other problem to that solution is that having a 1 wide walls doesn't show properly, and 1 wide gaps don't eather

Anyways, in the next version, this is all sorted out !
Can't wait! I really like this mod so far and I was hoping to make an underground area mod myself but I'm still learning how to program in LUA coding.
I've been working on a factory decoration overhaul pack for factorio and If you'd like, I could assist with some visual assets if needed. Here's a screenshot of it so far~

Image
well, your graphics look really good for sure,
I'd love some help on the graphic department, I made a thread in the texture pack for it, go check it there : https://forums.factorio.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=19315


enkindle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by enkindle »

This is pretty cool, I had a thought when reading the description about not being able to do trains, you could do a custom chest, that when placed, actually creates a chest above and below in the same coords and when items are placed in one it ports them to the corresponding chest. ...Eh, two chests, one that sends items up and one that sends items down.

I believe the API has everything necessary to pull that off.

User avatar
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by StanFear »

enkindle wrote:This is pretty cool, I had a thought when reading the description about not being able to do trains, you could do a custom chest, that when placed, actually creates a chest above and below in the same coords and when items are placed in one it ports them to the corresponding chest. ...Eh, two chests, one that sends items up and one that sends items down.

I believe the API has everything necessary to pull that off.

well I already have transport belt linking, Why would I add a linked chest ?

User avatar
y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm
Contact:

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by y.petremann »

GproKaru wrote:
StanFear wrote:I've been working on a factory decoration overhaul pack for factorio and If you'd like, I could assist with some visual assets if needed. Here's a screenshot of it so far~

Image
It looks amazing, I really like the graphics style but for me it don't goes with the factorio style, but I've an idea for you ...
Remaking factorio graphics to go with the pixel art style. Some time ago I've made a resource pack toolkit that permit to modify ingame textures by searching them in the code and so it would be possible to use it for that purpose.

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”