[WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.4 : build beneath your base

Topics and discussion about specific mods
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.4 : build beneath your base

Post by StanFear »

tommygunner70 wrote:is this mod still being worked on or is it dead? I'm really missing the ability to make a massive mass storage facility under my actual base.
Well I'm still here, and still kinda working on it,
Last time I worked on it, I hit a Wall, and then, I started looking for another Job, returned to other games, etc. Which is why I havn't worked on this for a while

so No, it is not Dead,

let's Just say it is in deep sleep for now, but to be awoken soon

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

good to know, thanks.

sadly this is about the only mod of its kind that I can find.
I have yet to find any alternative to your subsurface mod.

GeekBeam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GeekBeam »

I've actually been working on updating this mod to 0.14.x as a bit of a personal project, and I've hit a snag in trying to fix how electricity connects on the surface driller and how to handle that.

the issue itself seems to be related to a quirk of how "connect_neighbour" works, and it seems to be unable to connect wires across surfaces, which makes the requirements for that part of the code...more complex.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

GeekBeam wrote:I've actually been working on updating this mod to 0.14.x as a bit of a personal project, and I've hit a snag in trying to fix how electricity connects on the surface driller and how to handle that.

the issue itself seems to be related to a quirk of how "connect_neighbour" works, and it seems to be unable to connect wires across surfaces, which makes the requirements for that part of the code...more complex.

update help?

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Airat9000 wrote:update help?
What help you need?

martingolding96
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by martingolding96 »

In version 0.0.4 the item elevators don't seem to work

Cyber_Garret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyber_Garret »

Any update to 0.15?
"What is locked, can be opened,
What is hidden, can be found,
What is yours, can be mine" (c) Garret

My English is very bad, sry.

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

Cyber_Garret wrote:Any update to 0.15?
I am working on it, along with a complete refactoring of the current code ( that started about 9 month ago but that I never finished because of an idiot bug...)

Anyways, I won't give an ETA but it should happen soon-ish (1 or 2 weeks)

mikeloeven
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mikeloeven »

This is pretty cool looking and i cant wait to try it out It always annoyed me that underground conveyors had such arbitrary limits.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

StanFear wrote:
Cyber_Garret wrote:Any update to 0.15?
I am working on it, along with a complete refactoring of the current code ( that started about 9 month ago but that I never finished because of an idiot bug...)

Anyways, I won't give an ETA but it should happen soon-ish (1 or 2 weeks)
Looking forward to this :D

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Looking toward this too, would really apreciate to have some sort of factorisimo logic xince we can't do it anymore with pure vanilla logic (cable connectionn between surfaces)

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

Hey StanFear.
I had some ideas I wanted to share with you, I believe somewhere in here in the past I shared some ideas before but I'd like to re-evaluate and post some new thoughts. I love this mod, because I love the idea of being able to go down and under.

With the fact that the game now allows in game mod options, I think some of these things could end up being optional now even.

Options;
Max Levels Deep: Int (Integer, -1 for infinite)
Spawn Enemies: Bool (#1)
Spawn Ores: Bool (#2)
Same Gen: Bool (#3)
Dig Speed Seconds: Int (#7)
Dig Power Usage: Int (#7)

Ideas;
#1; Enemy hives will spawn in any levels below, enemy hive spawns will have an immediate cave like area mined out already, and they will be able to clear out the walls to make paths towards you should they have reason to attack.
#2; Rock walls will be more than just stone, but be colored based on the ore color and drop that ore instead of rock.
#3; Underground generation will match above ground generation. Ores and enemy hives will be in the same places.
#4; For maps with limited number of levels, have it scale the ground colors and such underneath with how deep you go, with a minimum of 5 levels for this color change to take effect. 1 level down, current graphics. 2 levels down, darker colored rock. 3 levels down, coal darkness to rock. 4 levels down, pockets of diamond in the ground and walls (possibly even giving you gems if bobs mods). 5 levels down, dark obsidian rock with pockets of magma here and there. 6 levels down, large pockets of magma everywhere. This'd be the limit. For scaling, lets say someone chooses 15 levels. It would then divide up the levels so the first 2-3 levels would be normal 1 level down graphics and then the next 2 or 3 would be the level 2 graphics. So on so forth, where only the very last level in any of them has level 6 graphics. As for digging down into level 5, if you dig down over lava, it automatically places dirt down below so that you can safely transfer down.
#5; Oxygen flow to deeper levels gets harder and harder to control, vents no longer work past a certain point requiring larger vents or an atmospheric generator which requires a system to send oxygen bottles down which get emptied into the system and sent back up to be filled again. Other oxygen producing methods could be designed as well.
#6; Pollution has a much worse effect down here, spreading much further faster, and even low amounts of pollution will cause oxygen to not be usable.
#7; Adjustable dig speed and power usage.
#8; Geothermal Generators for use with magma pockets. Only one can be used within a sector.

Thats my recap and short version on my ideas. :P
For #4, I could probably help with coming up with basic textures for this, I mean it shouldn't be a lot like you might think. It would be nice to have more than just steam power and solar power after all, geothermal would be an interesting thing which could only be achieved by going deep to find magma, which also gives you a new resource to exploit anyway.
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

ross
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ross »

dead?

Cyber_Garret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyber_Garret »

ross wrote:dead?
Yep :(
"What is locked, can be opened,
What is hidden, can be found,
What is yours, can be mine" (c) Garret

My English is very bad, sry.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

hey there I updated the mod to 0.15.
Maybe I could add some new features in the future if the author wont update it anymore.
However since 0.15 power poles cant supply power to other surfaces. you must use solar panels or nuclear power.
Attachments
Subsurface_0.0.4.zip
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 92 times

Furuchi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Furuchi »

Natha wrote:hey there I updated the mod to 0.15.
Maybe I could add some new features in the future if the author wont update it anymore.
However since 0.15 power poles cant supply power to other surfaces. you must use solar panels or nuclear power.
Thanks! God bless you

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

the mod is not *quite* dead,
although I have moved to other things since (other game, heard about Ymir-Online ? you should go check it !)

I still plan on updating it,
the thing that makes me not do it right away it that I don't have the graphics to go with, and won't release the mod without full graphs.

So If someone decide to make the GFX, I'll update it as fast as possible, if not, I'll update it too, but will not rush it !

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

StanFear wrote:the mod is not *quite* dead,
although I have moved to other things since (other game, heard about Ymir-Online ? you should go check it !)

I still plan on updating it,
the thing that makes me not do it right away it that I don't have the graphics to go with, and won't release the mod without full graphs.

So If someone decide to make the GFX, I'll update it as fast as possible, if not, I'll update it too, but will not rush it !
If needed I would really like to help, it would not be fancy graphics, but at least I would try to make something that fit the game ambiance, I would simply need to know what is needed (air vents looks nice to me).

I would like to mention that I don't claim the task of doing graphics, so if anybody want's to do so, he's pleased to cooperate.

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

y.petremann wrote: If needed I would really like to help, it would not be fancy graphics, but at least I would try to make something that fit the game ambiance, I would simply need to know what is needed (air vents looks nice to me).

I would like to mention that I don't claim the task of doing graphics, so if anybody want's to do so, he's pleased to cooperate.
Well, I know for a fact that you already helped a bit,
the thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19315 is still pretty much correct on what I need.

the item elevators could now be 1*2/3 tiles since factorio now allow non squared entities.

I will also need an entity to make the link for the electricity.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

StanFear wrote:
y.petremann wrote: If needed I would really like to help, it would not be fancy graphics, but at least I would try to make something that fit the game ambiance, I would simply need to know what is needed (air vents looks nice to me).

Well, I know for a fact that you already helped a bit,
the thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19315 is still pretty much correct on what I need.

the item elevators could now be 1*2/3 tiles since factorio now allow non squared entities.

I will also need an entity to make the link for the electricity.
For item elevator, I think that I would do two sets based on loaders, one for those going down and one for those going up.
About electricity and player elevator, I think I would make top, bottom, middle with stop and middle without stop
Electricity would be based on substations but with an extention to the roof
Elevator would have some straight scaffoldings

What do you think about the idea ?

Return to “Mods”