[WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.4 : build beneath your base

Topics and discussion about specific mods
johnney5
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.3 : build beneath your base

Post by johnney5 »

Szentigrade wrote:just tried this in mutipler and if more than 1 person tries to go into the tunnels this (refer to image) gets stuck on players

^^^^
Go to page 11 of the thread responses, I already went over this one and the fix is posted.

Good luck!

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

StanFear wrote:
johnney5 wrote:Ok so I changed line 364 from "if time_spent_dict == 0 then", to "if associative_table_count(time_spent_dict) == 0 then"

One of us got ----Error while running the event handler: __Subsurface__/lib.lua:86: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got number)----
did you remove the "#" ?
johnney5 wrote: The other one got ----Error while running the event handler: __Subsurface__/control.lua:290: Gui element with name teleportation_progress_bar_container already present in the parent element.----
ok, I'll fix that one in the next release

As I said in OP (I think) this is still WIP and the multiplayer was not tested ... so bugs like this are to be expected !
these fixes worked for us, but using the dev build we get an error when placing fluid tanks, as follows:
"Error while running the event handler: __Subsurface__/lib.lua:186:Map doesn't contain 1 player, this function can't be used"

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

Simcra wrote:
StanFear wrote:
johnney5 wrote:Ok so I changed line 364 from "if time_spent_dict == 0 then", to "if associative_table_count(time_spent_dict) == 0 then"

One of us got ----Error while running the event handler: __Subsurface__/lib.lua:86: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got number)----
did you remove the "#" ?
johnney5 wrote: The other one got ----Error while running the event handler: __Subsurface__/control.lua:290: Gui element with name teleportation_progress_bar_container already present in the parent element.----

As I said in OP (I think) this is still WIP and the multiplayer was not tested ... so bugs like this are to be expected !
these fixes worked for us, but using the dev build we get an error when placing fluid tanks, as follows:
"Error while running the event handler: __Subsurface__/lib.lua:186:Map doesn't contain 1 player, this function can't be used"
It only crashes when more than one player is in multiplayer, and does not crash when players join after placing tanks.
So basically our fix for the time being is to have everyone log off when we need to place fluid elevators.

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

Simcra wrote:
Simcra wrote:
StanFear wrote:

did you remove the "#" ?

It only crashes when more than one player is in multiplayer, and does not crash when players join after placing tanks.
So basically our fix for the time being is to have everyone log off when we need to place fluid elevators.

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

Also encountered another bug, this time with the underground fluid tanks. Whenever piping more than 1 fluid into the tank by accident it crashes if the fluid in the tank gets below 1.
"Error while running the event handler: __Subsurface__/control.lua:426: attempt to compare boolean with number"

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

I'll check the fluid tank elevator issues before releasing something then !

thanks for the report !

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

We can't get the digging robots to work in multiplayer because you are using the global player variable which only works in singleplayer. You will need to update to use the get_player method instead, which will need more parameters to be passed to most of your methods for player index, etc. See here for more information about the "Game" methods and variables: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=Lua/Game

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

Simcra wrote:We can't get the digging robots to work in multiplayer because you are using the global player variable which only works in singleplayer. You will need to update to use the get_player method instead, which will need more parameters to be passed to most of your methods for player index, etc. See here for more information about the "Game" methods and variables: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=Lua/Game
well yeah, I know, the version on github is not ready to be used at all, it contains current unfinished work with a lot of debug, I'm frankly surprised you got it to not throw an error ...
plus even in single player you wouldnt be able to get it to work as the wall never gets destroyed

oh, and also, one of the methods in the github version is way not optimised and run pretty much every ticks on my PC, it sent my mod to more than 4 ms per tick (way too much)

anyways, the version I send to download on the main post is the version to use, the on on github is not safe to be used (could error out at any moment)

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

StanFear wrote:
Simcra wrote:We can't get the digging robots to work in multiplayer because you are using the global player variable which only works in singleplayer. You will need to update to use the get_player method instead, which will need more parameters to be passed to most of your methods for player index, etc. See here for more information about the "Game" methods and variables: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=Lua/Game
well yeah, I know, the version on github is not ready to be used at all, it contains current unfinished work with a lot of debug, I'm frankly surprised you got it to not throw an error ...
plus even in single player you wouldnt be able to get it to work as the wall never gets destroyed

oh, and also, one of the methods in the github version is way not optimised and run pretty much every ticks on my PC, it sent my mod to more than 4 ms per tick (way too much)

anyways, the version I send to download on the main post is the version to use, the on on github is not safe to be used (could error out at any moment)
Yeah I know, we just love your mod and are really enthusiastic about using those new fluid tanks.

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

fixed a bug when placing multiple digging robot machines near each other, see my fork on github.

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

had some fun with your mod today

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

Szentigrade wrote:had some fun with your mod today
img
hum ... 9 deployment centers ? I bet my mod made your UPS go down by a huge amount ! I would say at least 40% decrease ? and when everything got dug, you could not even play anymore, correct ?
Last edited by StanFear on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

StanFear wrote:
Szentigrade wrote:had some fun with your mod today

hum ... 9 deployment centers ? I bet my mod made your UPS go down by a huge amount ! I would say at least 40% decrease ? and when everything got dug, you could not even play anymore, correct ?
you would be correct, only annoying thing

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [WIP][0.12.22+] Subsurfaces 0.0.4 : build beneath your base

Post by StanFear »

new version released

changelog:
- added fluid elevator !!
- added missing locals
- updated air-vent gfx (thanks to Yuoki !)
- added independent items elevator
- changed gfx of ground and walls (thanks to y.petremann)
- started working on automated digging, but since it makes the game really laggy, it is disabled by default, can be activated using /c remote.call("subsurface", "activate_automated_boring")
-fixed several bugs

see OP for download link !

Lutra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lutra »

how does the independent item elevator work? there are some arrows and i have managed to transfer one or two items at one point, but never a constant stream. pls help :?:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Am I supposed to see two electric pole between the tunnel entrance?

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

Lutra wrote:how does the independent item elevator work? there are some arrows and i have managed to transfer one or two items at one point, but never a constant stream. pls help :?:
The Independent item elevator works the same way the ones on the tunnel entrance to : make items go on the belt, and they should be cut to the other side
If it doesn't work, tell me, I'll look into that
kiba wrote:Am I supposed to see two electric pole between the tunnel entrance?
Do you mean are the sprites for the entrance power poles? Yes, I don't have cool gfx now so I use placeholders

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Do you mean are the sprites for the entrance power poles? Yes, I don't have cool gfx now so I use placeholders
On the surface level, there are two big electric pole. Underground, there's only one.

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

kiba wrote:
On the surface level, there are two big electric pole. Underground, there's only one.
oh, ok, I see what happened ... I messed up, changed some graphics but not the the size of it ...
I'll fix it and upload a new version (I have a few changes to make first though, so the upload will probably not be until tomorrow)

deareim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by deareim »

Mod seems very interesting ! In the original post, it is said that it could corrupt our actual save. Is it still the case or is it secure to use it ?

Return to “Mods”