Topics and discussion about specific mods
eudel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Treefarm Download

Post by eudel »

i just had an issue with treefarm lite 0.3.4
i am using it on a new created map.

when the first tree inside the treefarm mk1 is ready to harvest, the game crashes with the error message shown in the screenshot

if i deconstruct the treefarm before the trees are ready to harvest, error is gone
Attachments
error message
error message
treefarm-lite_0.3.4 error.PNG (60.31 KiB) Viewed 7532 times

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Thanks for the bug report! Again folks may wish to prefer to use 0.3.3 or 0.2.8 for the momemt; 0.3.4 has some horrible bugs. Thanks for your patience!

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

New Version 0.3.5 is up

Post by Blu3wolf »

Thanks for waiting all! 0.3.5 is up here: https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite/releases

If you have made a save with 0.3.4 unfortunately due to an oversight on my part, it will not be compatible with 0.3.5 or any future or past version of Treefarm. Its probably unlikely anyone did due to the other bugs in 0.3.4 anyway, but there you go. Saves from 0.3.3 and earlier should be unaffected, though.

As always bug reports are appreciated, but if I dont get the information I need to replicate the bug, I cant fix it! So I need to know the version number of the Treefarm mod you used (ideally the latest version, but bug reports of bugs I havent found from old versions can still be useful), and the version number of Factorio, at least. Im also interested in performance reports for this version, as Im hoping it presents an improvement on previous versions.
Sacredd wrote:Thank you for this mod.
Sacredd, you made my (actually not so great) day. Thank you!

gendalf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gendalf »

Can Treefarm-AC be used in 0.12.29? it's still 0.2.3

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

My 140 treefarm map uses about 2.5-3.5ms for updates now, so UPS runs about 57-58. That's definitely better than Treefarm 2.x used to run. :) Although still a bit noticeable.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

roy7 wrote:My 140 treefarm map uses about 2.5-3.5ms for updates now, so UPS runs about 57-58. That's definitely better than Treefarm 2.x used to run. :) Although still a bit noticeable.
Guess I have more work to do then! Well, there's options. Making treefarms scan less per tick/slower is one of the suggestions rseding91 made that so far hasnt been tried. The goal (maybe not achievable) is 600 treefarms running on my computer at 60 FPS.
gendalf wrote:Can Treefarm-AC be used in 0.12.29? it's still 0.2.3
It should still work! If it doesnt, please open an Issue about it on the Treefarm-AC Issues page on Github. Thanks!

@all: 0.3.5 crashes on placing a treefarm mk2, so perhaps avoid that until 0.3.6 is out (which should fix that). Oops!
Last edited by Blu3wolf on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

0.3.6 is up and should not crash when mk2 fields are placed!

No specific performance improvements, though.

Im not sure if this will help anyone, but 0.3.7 should allow you to load saves from 0.3.4. All treefarms already placed would have to be removed and replaced, though. Not sure how far away 0.3.7 will be - depends on whether any serious bugs are found with 0.3.6 really.

lurven
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lurven »

Some pictures in the first post here would be really nice for people that haven't used this mod before, most of the pictures in this thread, afaik, are of error logs, not so inviting to newcomers :)

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

lurven wrote:Some pictures in the first post here would be really nice for people that haven't used this mod before, most of the pictures in this thread, afaik, are of error logs, not so inviting to newcomers :)
Great idea! I added a picture from Drs9999's old thread, but something newer and more up to date would look better I think.

Perhaps someone could volunteer a picture or album showing their factory that uses Treefarms?

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Treefarm Lite Version 0.3.7

Post by Blu3wolf »

Treefarm Lite Version 0.3.7 can be now downloaded from Github here: https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite/releases

This version fixes a bug causing some treefarms to stop updating, as well as some minor spelling fixes.

MiniMe943
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Treefarm Lite Version 0.3.7

Post by MiniMe943 »

Blu3wolf wrote:Treefarm Lite Version 0.3.7 can be now downloaded from Github here: https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite/releases

This version fixes a bug causing some treefarms to stop updating, as well as some minor spelling fixes.
Spelling fixes? Very nice. Keep the updates coming. :D

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

In fairness, the spelling fixes had been ready to go pretty much straight after 0.3.6 was released, but they didnt really constitute a release on their own. The bug causing treefarms to stop updating though, a fix for that was worth a release.

I think the point Im at is looking for performance improvements. Ive got a vague idea of one thing I could do to improve things, but Im not sure how much improvement it will be.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Treefarm Lite 0.4.0

Post by Blu3wolf »

Treefarm Lite 0.4.0 is now available! You can find it here: https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite/releases

Treefarm Lite has been completely overhauled from the ground up! This newer version will look and feel much the same, but with much faster performance, letting you work on your factory without the distractions of stuttering and lag! Treefarm Lite is now significantly faster, allowing serious mass production of trees - if you have the space for it!

Treefarm Lite should run on Factorio versions 0.12.12 or later, but is tested on 0.12.33. If you do find any bugs or issues, please report them to the Issues tracker here: https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite/issues

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

0.4.1 is available, with a performance fix for mk1 fields when their outputs are backed up. Cheers to Matrix0150 for the fix, and Zanthras for spotting my mistake on the version number!

Download from any of the links in the thread.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

I can't seem to get germlings to auto-load into the tree farms. I have an inserter placed to put the germlings into the farm's box, but it won't load them. Does it have to have fertilizer to auto-load?

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

No, fertilizer should be optional. The farm is empty, and you have an inserter going to the chest? Perhaps a screenshot would help.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Yeah, here is a screenshot. I've got an inserter aimed towards the box for seeds, & another away from the box for wood. Even if I take away the wood extractor/inserter, it still just doesn't load the germlings. I can't seem to load them manually either. But, I can plant the germlings myself in the field
Tree farm.png
Tree farm.png (641.9 KiB) Viewed 7226 times

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Seems to be working for me. Can I ask what version of Treefarm Lite you have installed, and which version of Factorio?

Which seeds are you trying to use? When you try to load them manually, which inventory slot are you trying to insert them into? They go in the fuel slot btw.

Have you tried removing the farms and replacing them? Did you start this save on the current version of Treefarm, or is it an old save that was updated?

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Well, that suddenly makes a whole lot of sense :P. I had a bunch of coal in the fuel slot :?

It's working fine now. Derp.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi, upgrading from TFL 0.2.8 to 0.4.2 I got :
treefarmlite4.jpg
treefarmlite4.jpg (21.46 KiB) Viewed 7035 times
EDIT : well, for those who have the same problem, the solution is to upgrade first to any 0.3 version, then to 0.4
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Return to “Mods”