Treefarm Download

Topics and discussion about specific mods
gendalf
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Treefarm Download

Post by gendalf »

can play but can't load saves afterwards:
Unknown key:"Error while running the on_load: __Treefarm-Lite__/control.lua:58: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)"

darklinio
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by darklinio »

Thanks to update this greatfull mod!

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

gendalf wrote:can play but can't load saves afterwards:
Unknown key:"Error while running the on_load: __Treefarm-Lite__/control.lua:58: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)"
Can you try downloading TF-Lite 0.2.6 from https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite/releases and see if it still does it?

Thanks!

Georg_999
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Georg_999 »

Hi!
I'm playing Factorio 0.12.24 with TF Lite 0.2.6 in multiplayer.
I've got problem, when I try to plant a seed, my friend is desynchronized. We tried to change the version of the mod, but it didn't make any sense.

spool5520
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by spool5520 »

The latest release works perfectly. The only problem is the folder in the zip file is named Treefarm-Lite-0.2.8. Factorio throws an error saying the something about the naming is wrong. Changing the folder name to Treefarm-Lite_0.2.8 seems to make it load up just fine. Haven't played with it yet but it loads just fine after renaming the folder.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

In fairness, if you dont unzip it, it works fine :)

The naming convention stems from Factorio expecting a version number following an underscore, while GitHub tags are appended following an emdash. If someone can tell me how to get GitHub to build releases which append the tag following an underscore instead, I would be most appreciative.

Georg_999
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Georg_999 »

Georg_999 wrote:Hi!
I'm playing Factorio 0.12.24 with TF Lite 0.2.6 in multiplayer.
I've got problem, when I try to plant a seed, my friend is desynchronized. We tried to change the version of the mod, but it didn't make any sense.
Mod works perfect! Thanks a lot.

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

Looks still very nice :D

But work this with the newest Factorio Patch and with the Shadow Modpack?

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Hasnt been tested with either, by me.

Feel free to try it out and report back! Ill do my best to make it work with 0.12.26 if it does not. I make no promises for making it work with any mod packs - although mod pack authors (and everyone else) are more than welcome to submit pull requests on Github, if they feel a change is needed on my end to make it compatible.

Let us know how your testing goes!

Vuk Farkas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vuk Farkas »

Can i ask you to update the addons for it too? it seems i got issues with the Alien Plant addon (would like to get other addons too if there are more but besides the coffee/tea addon i dont see more, but i heard of rubber/plastic and sulphur plants). The error i get is AlienPlant__/control.lua:39: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value) and idk even what that means. Thanks for continuing this mod too!

EDIT: treefarm AC has also that or similar error

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Cannot replicate the fault with Treefarm AC. Can you give me the exact error that treefarm AC gives you, tell me when it happens, what mods you have installed (version is important as well), what version of Factorio?

If I dont know what you are trying, I cant help fix it...

Ive not heard of the Alien Plant add on or the Cofee Tea addon either. Can you link to their forum threads?

EDIT: found this: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3678&start=10#p133150
Last edited by Blu3wolf on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Blu3wolf, any chance the performance suggestions Rseding makes here can get into the official release? It solves the performance problems of using lots of farms, but was done in a much older version he just used for himself.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19258&p=131926#p125486

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Vuk Farkas wrote:Can i ask you to update the addons for it too? it seems i got issues with the Alien Plant addon (would like to get other addons too if there are more but besides the coffee/tea addon i dont see more, but i heard of rubber/plastic and sulphur plants). The error i get is AlienPlant__/control.lua:39: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value) and idk even what that means. Thanks for continuing this mod too!

At one point I was trying to use Treefarm Lite 0.2.1 and Greenhouses, but I'd get an error "Error in assignID, item with name 'alien-plant-seed' does not exist". Greenhouses lists "? AlienPlant >= 0.1.4" as an optional requirement, but looking at the Greenhouses source, I believed it was an error in that mod.

If you are using Greenhouse as well, it's possible that's the culprit.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

roy7 wrote:Blu3wolf, any chance the performance suggestions Rseding makes here can get into the official release? It solves the performance problems of using lots of farms, but was done in a much older version he just used for himself.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19258&p=131926#p125486
Thats the general aim of the Optimisation branch here: https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Li ... timisation

Unfortunately while that version is loading into Factorio just fine, its not actually growing anything, so I have an error somewhere. Havent found it yet though. Also that branch is still working on the first of his suggestions, the second one (about planting trees on farms more efficiently) has not been started on yet.

Feel free to take a glance at the code if you think you can spot the error, or improve on my work. Im not really an expert - or even much of an amateur. I just started to update the mod as I didnt see anyone else doing it, and I wanted to use it. So, I googled Lua.

At present though Im a little short of enough spare time to dig into it in search of my mistakes. So it will have to wait for now. Sorry!

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Sweet, I'll go cross-post over to there and maybe Buggi or Rseding91 will contribute.

Vuk Farkas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vuk Farkas »

roy7 wrote:
Vuk Farkas wrote:Can i ask you to update the addons for it too? it seems i got issues with the Alien Plant addon (would like to get other addons too if there are more but besides the coffee/tea addon i dont see more, but i heard of rubber/plastic and sulphur plants). The error i get is AlienPlant__/control.lua:39: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value) and idk even what that means. Thanks for continuing this mod too!

At one point I was trying to use Treefarm Lite 0.2.1 and Greenhouses, but I'd get an error "Error in assignID, item with name 'alien-plant-seed' does not exist". Greenhouses lists "? AlienPlant >= 0.1.4" as an optional requirement, but looking at the Greenhouses source, I believed it was an error in that mod.

Well i never heard of Greenhouse ...so i dont use it ...what is it what does it do?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

roy7 wrote:

For the error he quoted, thats definitely not the case. That error is about the game event handlers getting changed to script handlers instead.

Vuk Farkas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vuk Farkas »

Just to inform ya, i redownloaded the treefarm AC and now it works...it seems my computer screwed up the file somehow however alient plant still aint workin still same issue...

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

You could try this version of Alien Plant here:

https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Al ... t/releases

No idea how well that will work, but if you have any problems with it or you find any bugs, please report them on the issues page there. Cheers!

Return to “Mods”