[MOD 0.12.20+] FuPower, Fusion and more. (Now 0.0.13)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] FuPower, Fusion and more.

Post by orzelek »

Julianus wrote:No, but lets assume some future solar cell makes 40%...and we have a mod which takes this by 10...*G*, i think no amorph multi layered trick does that xD.

What can we say...it pulls light in? It draws light in? Or is it based on neutrino radiation? Maybe its the dark energy...it must be.
It's enough that it starts working on different wave lengths. There is a lot radiation around not only visible spectrum.

Julianus
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] FuPower, Fusion and more.

Post by Julianus »

I have successfully tested the mod with 0.12.21, there were no changes to be made.

Duros1394
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Duros1394 »

encountering an error
Mod fupower dependency ? Belts+ not matching pattern "[?]
ModName [ModVersion specifier]"

Julianus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Julianus »

@Duros1394: Yes, confirmed, the cause is the "+" in the Belts+ mod's name. This is new and the solution so far is s simple rename of the mod.
Since Belts+ hasn't seen an update in ages, I offer here an inofficial version 0.0.3. Only difference to the official 0.0.2: the name.

Belts_0.0.3

Not sure whats wrong with the URL syntax in this post...use

http://julian-schutsch.de/Belts_0.0.3.zip

manually.

mrgreaper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mrgreaper »

Julianus wrote:@Duros1394: Yes, confirmed, the cause is the "+" in the Belts+ mod's name. This is new and the solution so far is s simple rename of the mod.
Since Belts+ hasn't seen an update in ages, I offer here an inofficial version 0.0.3. Only difference to the official 0.0.2: the name.

Not sure whats wrong with the URL syntax in this post...use

manually.
having the same error
downloaded the above and put in the mods folder but the error still appears (didnt have belts plus to my knowledge before)

link to error at request of pm as apparently im not allowed to post urls

Julianus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Julianus »

Dear mrgreaper,

The issue is, that i have an optional link to Belts+, thats causing the error message. The presence of Belts+ is not necessary for this.
Of course, if one wants to continue combining Belts+ with FuPower, both the link as well as the mod have to be renamed.

Do you have 0.0.12 installed? I just checked the download....I think it should work.

mrgreaper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mrgreaper »

Julianus wrote:Dear mrgreaper,

The issue is, that i have an optional link to Belts+, thats causing the error message. The presence of Belts+ is not necessary for this.
Of course, if one wants to continue combining Belts+ with FuPower, both the link as well as the mod have to be renamed.

Do you have 0.0.12 installed? I just checked the download....I think it should work.
I had the wrong version, worked fine yesterday...seemsfactorio has updated and thanks to the lack of steam workshop im gonna have to manually update all mods effected, but atleast i know the cause now.

Cheers for the fast response

BuildItBig
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] FuPower, Fusion and more. (Now 0.0.12)

Post by BuildItBig »

Thanks for the quick update, love this mod!

Julianus
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] FuPower, Fusion and more. (Now 0.0.13)

Post by Julianus »

Decided to remove the optional dependency to Belts+ and recreate the functionality. The Belts+ mod is listed as 0.11 mod.

Hydrologist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hydrologist »

Hey there,

My friend and I are having a lot of fun playing with this mod!

We are having a problem with the alien trains, however: the trains are so fast that our gates can't open quickly enough to let them through, so the trains just barrel into them and break all of our gates. Is there something we're missing?

Julianus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Julianus »

Hi Hydrologist,

No, you are not missing anything.

This problem was solved for normal train speeds, but of course no developer could be prepared for a mod with trains running
at >1000km/h.

On my maps I secure my base with a combination of normal laser turrets and alien laser turrets. Walls only have a decorative role there since alien laser turrets repair themselves.
Once I can afford security zones, normal defence is pretty much obsolete. But ..this takes a while... :twisted:

Sorry I cannot help you with this.
Hope you find a good solution to make your base look good despite this.

PS: Of course, If you are familiar with LUA, you could reduce the maximum speed in the mod. You could retain the extreme breaking power of the alien trains which has significant advantages in crowded junctions.

koopakilla06
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] FuPower, Fusion and more.

Post by koopakilla06 »

Airat9000 wrote::( Bug in 12.20
it ain't working in 0.12.29

Julianus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Julianus »

Just tested it with 0.12.29 on the demo map. So far it seems working.

Please add more information, e.g. platform, other mods, error logs.

Alice3173
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alice3173 »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how to use it or something but I'm having a lot of issues keeping fluid pressure up in my power setup.

This is my current setup which seems to work using Factorio Basics' high throughput pipes and upgraded pumps. But this setup will only work if I use the pumps. If I don't use the pumps this setup quickly peters out after only providing proper amounts of heat transfer fluid to the first 3-4 steam engines or so. I'm really not sure why this happens because I'm producing ample amounts of fluid, those storage tanks are always completely full, this sort of issue doesn't happen with normal steam engines+water.

Julianus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Julianus »

Dear Alice3173, very interesting setup you have here.

The problem is, that my steam engines use roughly 40 times as much fluid as normal steam engines, which is 4 fluid/tick or 60*4=240 fluid/sec.
As described in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6066 this is only possible in a very low pipe count setup. Pumps may help a bit.

Just wondering, how long did it take to get the resources for this.

At a second glance: What additional mods provide you with pipes and chemistry plants?

Julian

Alice3173
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alice3173 »

Julianus wrote:Dear Alice3173, very interesting setup you have here.

The problem is, that my steam engines use roughly 40 times as much fluid as normal steam engines, which is 4 fluid/tick or 60*4=240 fluid/sec.
As described in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6066 this is only possible in a very low pipe count setup. Pumps may help a bit.

Just wondering, how long did it take to get the resources for this.

At a second glance: What additional mods provide you with pipes and chemistry plants?

Julian
Ah, is that the issue then? That would definitely explain why this is happening then since there's clearly plenty of fluid in the earlier sections of the setup. And the pumps definitely do seem to help. With the setup in that screenshot I'm able to provide adequate fluid to every steam engine in the layout. (Edit: Also looking at that post you linked, it looks like my layout is slightly inefficient. The pumps I'm using are four times as powerful as a standard pump and it seems like 5 standard pumps are required for optimal flow, unless that's over longer distances than I'm doing here.)

I've been on this map for 60-80 hours but it's a map I made that has a lot of resources. If I were to play on a standard map it'd probably have taken me 2-3x as long to get all this.

As for the mods, everything in this setup that doesn't come from your mod or the base mod (which I think is just the water pumps, logistics chests, and conveyor at a glance) is from the Factorio Basics mod.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

please update in 0.13.0

Julianus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Julianus »

For Factorio 0.13.3, please go to viewtopic.php?f=97&t=27946

Return to “Mods”