[Official] ShadowsComboPack 0.12.29

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Zman111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Official] ShadowsComboPack 0.12.18

Post by Zman111 »

Wow someone has been busy. v 05 already?! (ps add youkai railroads if you havent, they are pretty and i like pretty)

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Zman111 wrote:Wow someone has been busy. v 05 already?! (ps add youkai railroads if you havent, they are pretty and i like pretty)
As much as I'd like to add everything yuoki has to offer. his railways has an INCREDIBLE impact on Videoram usage .. about 300 MB.. which unfortunately not everyone can handle on their videocards. What I could encourage you to do is download yuoki railway for yourself and add it into your mods folder :) As I said its a modular pack. Removing and entering mods wont be causing an issue if their up to date :)
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

I've been looking at another Radar addon which improves sight drastically over an amount of tiers. So I'll be adding that instead of RSO radars. (trust me it's larger then the radius of RSO)
And for the expanded tools ;) yeh why not. Can't hurt to have ill add it in on a later pack im working on

AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnarCon »

oh whats the name? im always looking for improvements :)

saqib126
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by saqib126 »

Kinda confused how the versions work, as the mod is at the 0-0-5 version, yet the thread is [Official] ShadowsComboPack 0.12.18, and what are these versions like 0-0-3 and 0-0-5, are they available-to-download half-complete updates? Also, version 0.12.9 is out, and the mod is in progress to updating to 0.12.8?

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

saqib126 wrote:Kinda confused how the versions work, as the mod is at the 0-0-5 version, yet the thread is [Official] ShadowsComboPack 0.12.18, and what are these versions like 0-0-3 and 0-0-5, are they available-to-download half-complete updates? Also, version 0.12.9 is out, and the mod is in progress to updating to 0.12.8?
Put a number explanation in the download post... but in short - highest number always the most updated.

0.12.19 already? Jeez.... that went fast it hasn't even been a week... ill check back in a second and see if i can make it compatible for 0.12.19

EDIT: Updated for 0.12.19. No one needs to download a new pack:) you can safely update to 0.12.19 without doing modifying anything

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

AnarCon wrote:oh whats the name? im always looking for improvements :)

That would be https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 94&t=17072 this mod :) It get's added on a new version of the modpack. Reason I am very late with a new release is not because I am not putting time into it. It's just because I have a lot to do with VideoRam optimization for you guys so everyone can play it even with a 2gb Videocard. which normally wouldn't be playable with this many mods. That draws a lot of my time. Also I try and prevent as many errors as I can as my other packs were filled with errors that other's shouldnt of had but still had due to how their system was setup and how their factorio folder was installed etc. (either by zip or .exe) Small things I know but cause many issues :) So since 0.0.5 is stable I do not tend to release 1.0.0 < which also needs a new map etc. Until something breaks or until I am completely done :)

saqib126
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Official] ShadowsComboPack 0.12.19

Post by saqib126 »

I`m a bit confused as per what these version updates include, are they things like bug-fixes, or re-adding mods that haven`t been updated yet, or adding new mods? Also are there patchnotes?

Icehockeyplyr1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Icehockeyplyr1 »

Shadow,

I would like to thank you for your work in getting this pack caught up! Keep up the good work sir and thank you so much!

Edit- Is it possible to request "autofill mod"?

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

saqib126 wrote:I`m a bit confused as per what these version updates include, are they things like bug-fixes, or re-adding mods that haven`t been updated yet, or adding new mods? Also are there patchnotes?
all of those things:P The patchnotes would be around 2 pages as to why i rather spend the time on making it then the patch notes. Just download the modpack and figure out whats in there. Remember (biggest number is the most updated one)

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Icehockeyplyr1 wrote:Shadow,

I would like to thank you for your work in getting this pack caught up! Keep up the good work sir and thank you so much!

Edit- Is it possible to request "autofill mod"?

And thank you so much for that compliment :) It's very nice to hear and that's what keeps me going :)

on your request. It is definitely possible :) I'll look into it and integrate it in the pack on the next version. Be aware that it MIGHT be disabled by default :) only thing you need to do is just turn it on in the mods menu :) Explanation is in this sub-section on how to do so!

superiorx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by superiorx »

Loving the latest version of the mod pack, Shadow.
Just a quick question, are god modules disabled somehow? I can't seem to build them in even the level 5 assembly machines.
Keep up the awesome work! :D

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

superiorx wrote:Loving the latest version of the mod pack, Shadow.
Just a quick question, are god modules disabled somehow? I can't seem to build them in even the level 5 assembly machines.

Thank you for the compliment!

Mhh.. I think they either got taken out or indeed disabled for the time being. :p Id have to check :) Since theres to many mods to cover I only got to check maybe 2/3rd of every mod correctly since there's again... just to much to cover :)

EDIT: From bob himself "I have debated if God and Merged should be turned off by default too. Some people would rather not have them off by default. Maybe a Poll would help there." So i think indeed a poll went through to disable them :)

superiorx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by superiorx »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
superiorx wrote:Loving the latest version of the mod pack, Shadow.

Thank you for the compliment!

Mhh.. I think they either got taken out or indeed disabled for the time being. :p Id have to check :) Since theres to many mods to cover I only got to check maybe 2/3rd of every mod correctly since there's again... just to much to cover :)

EDIT: From bob himself "I have debated if God and Merged should be turned off by default too. Some people would rather not have them off by default. Maybe a Poll would help there." So i think indeed a poll went through to disable them :)
Thanks for the info, Darkshadow! :D

Eysenleber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eysenleber »

Hey Guys - i had no clue where to post this problem but i kinda missed the changes that were made ( or bug?) for the liquid handler - i cant make any clean water ( there is a red error / lightning sign) and want to know how i can fix that

ta

Eysenleber

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Eysenleber wrote:Hey Guys - i had no clue where to post this problem but i kinda missed the changes that were made ( or bug?) for the liquid handler - i cant make any clean water ( there is a red error / lightning sign) and want to know how i can fix that

ta

Eysenleber
I am pretty sure clean water has been removed due to Dytech not being on the scene anymore. I could be wrong though ill look into it. But next time. Please on the bug report forum ;) If you suspect somethings wrong that shouldnt be!

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

I've been carefully observing the modpack bugs and Vram. I've also been fixing a lot of things. I do want you guys to know I am releasing a new version soon :) Which should require a new save.. (Hopefully not) Ill try my best not to make that an occurance. It should fix all of the bugs happening in the bugs section right now. Also secondly. It should really reduce the Vram usage and up performance :) I am really trying to work on that now rather then expanding the modpack.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

0.12.20 is on its way guys :) Sorry for the delay. Been working on super much stuff I'd like to integrate into the modpack to well as i said. | Less Vram usage | MORE performance | MORE things | LESS bugs!

:P Although i am pretty sure my modpack works for 0.12.20 i am not officially announcing it since I don't have the time to test an outdated version :) As i am about to release a much nicer version of the modpack.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Alright sorry guys i got sidetracked. For now id suggest just updating your factorio to 0.12.20 its fine :) The modpack will say its okay.

Why did i get sidetracked? well devildog asked me if i could do some stuff for his modpack and find out as to why its not being able to work on 0.12.20 :) So now his modpack works on 0.12.20 again! with a few more.. options :) Anyway! Now that i did that ill get back to modding my own factorio. I am aiming for a 900 MB vram to 1.4 GB Vram requirement with around 90+ mods~ Expect it somewhere later tomorrow to release :) Also if things turn out good. Dytech's back in the pack! Wohoo!

Devildog
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Devildog »

And i greatly appreciate it.
Check Out Factorio Mod Madness 2.0 Here : http://bit.ly/1afTDl0
Mod Madness ModPack

Return to “Mods”