[MOD 0.18] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.8.2

Topics and discussion about specific mods

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.3.1

Post by Nexela »

That looks sexy! and as long as it is 32x32 will look really nice next to the rest of my mods!
shuttletrain_button_resize.png
shuttletrain_button_resize.png (192.33 KiB) Viewed 5803 times

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

Nexela wrote:That looks sexy! and as long as it is 32x32 will look really nice next to the rest of my mods!
shuttletrain_button_resize.png
so you know what question comes next...what are they?! :) I recognise Foreman but not the others.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

CorBlimey wrote:so you know what question comes next...what are they?! :) I recognise Foreman but not the others.
Time Tools (only in my mod testing mod pack), Foreman, upgrade planner, Auto Trash (both buttons and the gear), shuttle train (fixed myself)

Mods not shown in this picture that are the same size:

The latest version of Score Extended the icon is the same height also and there was one or two more.
Fat controller is next on my list if Choumiko doesn't get to it :)

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

minor improvement suggested: somehow make the auto targeters talk to each other. I decided to turn on the notifications in the config for a bit to see what was happening - targeters near each other would generally target the same stuff if they finished their 'pulse' before the previous one's firing heatup had completed. This is highly noticeable if you temporarily slap down 10 of 'em at once to clear out an area around a mining site, for example.

I am not sure what you easily have at your disposal (not familiar with Factorio modding / lua) but it might be quite simple to add a little loop to compare target sector candidates to a global list/ FIFO list (queue) of sectors with firing-in-progress until a candidate is found not in the queue, then add the successful candidate sector to the queue, and then dequeue the sector from the queue once the firing has completed (i.e. after heatup time)

edit: also, is it possible to show the target location warning beacon even on areas of the map not in LOS? It could be cool to see it in progress

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.4.0

Post by Supercheese »

Major update released! I'll post the (lengthy) changelog here too:

Version 1.4.0 - August 7, 2016
  • The direct damage from the ion cannon blast now only applies within 80% of the full blast radius as defined in the config file. This effectively returns the full damage radius to 20, as it was in version 1.2.3.
  • All entities within 100% of the blast radius (25 by default) will be instantly set on fire; even if something survives the initial blast, it will continue to burn.
  • If also playing with my Swarm mod, this makes ion cannon blasts significantly more effective at killing the sub-enemies that spawn after spawners/large enemies die, since they will now catch fire and burn.
  • Black plumes of smoke will be emitted from ion cannon blast sites, similar to the smoke emitted by forest fires... and indeed, the blast can now ignite forest fires!
  • (Note: Cheese Orbital Industries™ is not responsible for any property damage and/or pollution caused by rampaging forest fires ignited by ion blasts.)
  • The "Ion Cannons" text-button at the top of the screen has been changed to an icon-button. Upon first update, the icon will shift position slightly; simply click it a couple times to reset the GUI positions.
  • Added a custom hotkey that you can press to toggle the Ion Cannon GUI rather than click the button. The keybinding is "I" by default; you can edit this in the game controls options.
  • Auto-targeting stations now scan for targets on a chunk-by-chunk basis, which should vastly improve performance while also eliminating the tendency for multiple stations to needlessly fire on the same target.
  • This also makes the auto-targeting stations behave more like vanilla radars; now you can monitor their scanning progress on the map as each chunk is revealed.
  • The range of the auto-targeting station is now represented in chunks (chunks are 32x32 tiles). The new default range is 10 chunks (for a 20x20 chunk scan region).
  • Each station now scans a new chunk every 4 seconds.
This should hopefully address the numerous performance issues as well as fixing the auto-targeting "double-tapping" issues mentioned.

Please try it out and if you find any bugs, report them as usual. :)

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Maybe you could add blast radius preview like when placing turrets. It would be quite perfect! It could also have gradient visualizing damage percentage.

Very cool mod! I already have 70 cannons to disturb biters peaceful living. Thank you.

And could you help me with one issue? Backer_name of ion target entity, that appears on map - can it be used like map marker and does it appears in train stations list?
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

apriori wrote:Maybe you could add blast radius preview like when placing turrets. It would be quite perfect! It could also have gradient visualizing damage percentage.
Very cool mod! I already have 70 cannons to disturb biters peaceful living. Thank you.
And could you help me with one issue? Backer_name of ion target entity, that appears on map - can it be used like map marker and does it appears in train stations list?
Ahhh, radius visualization is an excellent idea!

The ion target entity is indeed a train-stop type entity, and it does have a custom backer_name; it seemingly does not appear in the train station list, insofar as I can tell.
There is, in fact, another mod that makes use of such entities as map labels: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=22380

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Yes, I know that mod. But as I remember author wrote that labels appear in train stations list. Well, I'll check you way of using backer name.

Thank you again for your mod and reply.
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

My guess without testing is that it is related to setting selectable_in_game = false in the prototype?

Edit: Or not Using the latest version of mapmarks they don't show up in the station list.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Nexela wrote:My guess without testing is that it is related to setting selectable_in_game = false in the prototype?

Edit: Or not Using the latest version of mapmarks they don't show up in the station list.
Thanks, I'll compare code of new version to old ones.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.4.1

Post by Supercheese »

Another update:
  • Auto-designated targets within a chunk are now randomized, rather than being biased towards the northwest corner of the chunk.
  • Added radius visualization to the Ion Cannon Targeting Device. Now you can see just how far away from the blast zone you need to be!
  • Along with the radius visualization, the Targeting Device acquired new tooltip data; feel free to ignore the "Shooting speed" bit, but the rest should reflect the values from config.lua.
Attachments
Radius.jpg
Radius.jpg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 5765 times

Moreore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Moreore »

Hi and thanks for such a wonderful mod.
I was wondering if the fire can be disabled?
It is really difficult to play with Toxic Jungle mod.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Moreore wrote:Hi and thanks for such a wonderful mod.
I guess I can make that a config option.

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

awesome updates. Thanks

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Supercheese wrote:
Moreore wrote:Hi and thanks for such a wonderful mod.
I guess I can make that a config option.
Hmm did it cause the big whole map fire ?
That would be a something worth testing :D

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Orbital Ion Cannon 1.4.2

Post by Supercheese »

Aforementioned config option (among other bits) added in version 1.4.2. :)

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

Hey, just wanted to note, in the most recent update, I got the old ion-cannon-stats gui stuck open in my save. I had to issue the following command to get rid of it:

Code: Select all

/c game.players[1].gui.top["ion-cannon-stats"].destroy()
Loading and unloading the mod would have worked as well, but at a cost of blowing up all my satellites and shit. Thanks for the awesome work on this mod by the way!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Oh, good point, I didn't properly migrate an opened GUI between versions. I've posted 1.4.3 to fix that.
Thanks for the report.

Return to “Mods”