[MOD 12.11+] Train Outposts

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 12.11+] Train Outposts

Post by Cyres »

Do you know when you will release the next version? Can't wait for Bob's and natural evolution compatibility :3

(just registered to the forum only to ask this Question :D)

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ringkeeper »

Cyres wrote:Do you know when you will release the next version? Can't wait for Bob's and natural evolution compatibility :3

if you don't want to wait for him to update for bob's you could edit the config.lua on your own. You just need to copy&paste
code
and change the "iron-ore" to each ore from bobs mod. Quick and dirty solution and i don't know how the distribution will be with the 10+ ores from bob but for the 2 of yuoki it worked like a charm.

Unfortunally using this in an existing save will break the save! We tried it in one of our saves and the next generation of a chunk crashed the game. So do it only if you want to start a new game.

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cyres »

Awesome, do you also have a hotfix for natural evolution? :lol:

Edit: Error on adding Bobs Resources: Attempting the nil-value 'autoplace' :(

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

Cyres wrote:Do you know when you will release the next version? Can't wait for Bob's and natural evolution compatibility :3

I very much appreciate the enthusiasm, thank you.
I do not have an ETA though. It is just not easy to do programming after a day in the office.

JoshDOTPlay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JoshDOTPlay »

Hi Rickie, I have myself a 40 hour game in progress, just installed a few mods including yours, do you have a command implemented to regenerate ore like in RSO? I looked through the thread but may have missed something, thanks o7

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

JoshDOTPlay wrote:Hi Rickie, I have myself a 40 hour game in progress, just installed a few mods including yours, do you have a command implemented to regenerate ore like in RSO? I looked through the thread but may have missed something, thanks o7
At the danger of repeating myself, there is no such command at the moment, but again, there will be in the next release. It actually makes testing much easier, but there is none in the published version :(

JoshDOTPlay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JoshDOTPlay »

SirRichie wrote:
JoshDOTPlay wrote:Hi Rickie, I have myself a 40 hour game in progress, just installed a few mods including yours, do you have a command implemented to regenerate ore like in RSO? I looked through the thread but may have missed something, thanks o7
At the danger of repeating myself, there is no such command at the moment, but again, there will be in the next release. It actually makes testing much easier, but there is none in the published version :(
Sounds good richie, sorry I didn't see that, very tired after work tonight. Will be looking out for the next version then! :)

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

JoshDOTPlay wrote:
SirRichie wrote:
Sounds good richie, sorry I didn't see that, very tired after work tonight. Will be looking out for the next version then! :)
No worries, I never said that before in the thread. I just meant that I keep promising all the nice features for the next release ;)

JoshDOTPlay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JoshDOTPlay »

SirRichie wrote:
JoshDOTPlay wrote:
SirRichie wrote:
No worries, I never said that before in the thread. I just meant that I keep promising all the nice features for the next release ;)
Would the command affect all ores, mod and no? I am guessing for it to have that functionality the TO main mod would have to have it's functionality extended to all mod ores by using a generic marker or something?

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

JoshDOTPlay wrote:
SirRichie wrote:
JoshDOTPlay wrote:
SirRichie wrote:
Would the command affect all ores, mod and no? I am guessing for it to have that functionality the TO main mod would have to have it's functionality extended to all mod ores by using a generic marker or something?
It would affect all resources (ores and liquids) that the mod generates, even if they were generated by the game before.
Since in the next release, TO scans all known game entities for ores and liquids, this means everything will be affected :) (without explicit markers)

JoshDOTPlay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JoshDOTPlay »

SirRichie wrote:
It would affect all resources (ores and liquids) that the mod generates, even if they were generated by the game before.
Since in the next release, TO scans all known game entities for ores and liquids, this means everything will be affected :) (without explicit markers)
Sounds great! I ask that because I have the Nuclear power mod also, a total regen is brilliant! I always found it funny that the goal of factorio is to not play the game...

juunsuke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by juunsuke »

Hi, I would love to try out this mode, but it won't load, I get the error that other people mentionned in this thread:

Code: Select all

__TrainOutpost__/data-updates.lua:20: attempt to index field 'autoplace' (a nil value)
I'm using the latest factorio version, and I am *NOT* using natural evolution.

juunsuke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by juunsuke »

10 seconds after posting here I found that another mod was conflicting and causing the error: Peace mod

Disabled peace mod and now train outposts seem to work

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

You could add Train outposts as a dependency to peace mod, that maybe help.

juunsuke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by juunsuke »

Arch666Angel wrote:You could add Train outposts as a dependency to peace mod, that maybe help.
It's alright, I don't usually play with peace mod on anyway, but thanks

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

juunsuke wrote:Hi, I would love to try out this mode, but it won't load, I get the error that other people mentionned in this thread:

Code: Select all

__TrainOutpost__/data-updates.lua:20: attempt to index field 'autoplace' (a nil value)
I'm using the latest factorio version, and I am *NOT* using natural evolution.

This patch appeared to fix it for me (also not using natural evolution) viewtopic.php?f=94&t=17750&p=122890

ALittleGreenStone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ALittleGreenStone »

Forum be like;
"Oh, you're looking for a mod that allows you to plant trees? How about this cool mod instead"?
Screw the 5 hours I spent building my current factory, I'm abandoning it, install this mod, and start a new one, because this is the tits. :D

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

ALittleGreenStone wrote:Forum be like;
"Oh, you're looking for a mod that allows you to plant trees? How about this cool mod instead"?
Screw the 5 hours I spent building my current factory, I'm abandoning it, install this mod, and start a new one, because this is the tits. :D
Thank you, I guess :)

budgej
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by budgej »

Thank you for making this mod SirRichie. I really appreciate the incentive to use trains and travel further for resources.

I am experiencing an issue, however. It seems that as a save file's complexity grows, the time to load that file grows very quickly, whether I join my server or load the same save in single player. No issues once loaded; it just means that an end-game factory takes 60-120 seconds longer to load than with Train Outposts removed. Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to mitigate it?

ALittleGreenStone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ALittleGreenStone »

SirRichie wrote: Thank you, I guess :)
No, thank you!

Return to “Mods”