MOD [ 0.17.x/0.18.x] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
embermctillhawk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.17.x/0.18.x] Bio-Industries

Post by embermctillhawk »

I'm considering making a mod which adds pollution to nuclear reactors and the like, and I want it to play nicely with other mods. Your mod sets the pollution modifier of thorium-fuel-cell to 5.0, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does seem odd as that's the only fuel cell that this is done to. Please advise.

Pi-C
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

embermctillhawk wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:19 pm
I'm considering making a mod which adds pollution to nuclear reactors and the like, and I want it to play nicely with other mods. Your mod sets the pollution modifier of thorium-fuel-cell to 5.0, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does seem odd as that's the only fuel cell that this is done to. Please advise.
This is the first time I hear about the thorium-fuel-cell. Just grepped through all files of the mod, and data-final-fixes.lua is the only place where it's mentioned. It's definitely not a BI item, I've searched this topic and found no post beside yours mentioning "thorium", I've also looked through the posts on the mod portal and didn't find it there (though I might have missed it), and the changelog doesn't mention it either. So, I don't know why TheSAguy chose to set a pollution value for it.

I'll ask TheSAguy why he added this, but it may take some time before he logs on again. Anyway, thanks for trying to play nice with other mods and not just overwriting stuff! :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

i_i
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.17.x] Bio-Industries

Post by i_i »

Pi-C wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:30 am
Sounds reasonable, but I'm still against making the collision box variable. To be honest, I can't even tell you what the weight property means (Tree density? Probability of growing in a certain terrain?) because I haven't dealt with that yet. (It's not my mod, I've just stepped in as collaborator while the original author is away from Factorio.)

What I could do is adding an option to disable BI's small collision box so the original collision boxes from vanilla or other mods making trees would be used. I currently have little time for testing, though (haven't even played for weeks), so I won't guarantee that this would work without any side effects, and I'll probably not be able to fix these in the near future. If you're willing to take that risk, I'll add the setting for 0.17.45/0.18.13.
I'm testing mods right now; this what i've been doing during the quarantine; Different Trees have different HitBox number is great! didn't know Vanilla had that as default; been using T-Re(e)plant as a great combo to your mod. doing a lot of ZEN gardening with it. especially in the extended burner phase. too bad they have no names using Mod F10 to find out the tree names. too bad no hitbox was NOT listed in the info. i thought it was all the same.

i_i
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.17.x/0.18.x] Wooden BIG POLE

Post by i_i »

is it possible to have the wooden poles be treated like tree to a biter that they ignore it and occasionally attack it like in 0.16? the reach you did making it spherical instead of square line connection is messing up my blueprints and i can't make a diagonal version. i can see the commonsense that it's the correct way to distance the poles in a radius instead if a square.

Pi-C
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.17.x/0.18.x] Wooden BIG POLE

Post by Pi-C »

i_i wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:45 am
is it possible to have the wooden poles be treated like tree to a biter that they ignore it and occasionally attack it like in 0.16? the reach you did making it spherical instead of square line connection is messing up my blueprints and i can't make a diagonal version. i can see the commonsense that it's the correct way to distance the poles in a radius instead if a square.
Not sure what you mean. Biters not attacking it would indicate it's of force "enemy" or "neutral" -- but that is something that would have to be set in the game (control.lua), and even in version 2.7.0 (the last version that was available for Factorio 0.16.51) there is nothing that would have changed it. Also, I have no problem to connect big wooden poles diagonally.
Screenshot from 0.16.51
Screenshot from 0.16.51
01651.png (3.24 MiB) Viewed 353 times
Screenshot from 0.18.21
Screenshot from 0.18.21
01821.png (2.6 MiB) Viewed 353 times
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

i_i
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.17.x/0.18.x] BIG Wooden Pole

Post by i_i »

Mean i used https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Tapeline and made a diagonal post the part where it lost line connection but would reconnect when i move it ( to SouthWest/Lower left). one cell up or one cell right it would reconnect. diagonal should be the farthest it can reach, IF it was a square. not important but.

When i played 0.16 they don't hunt the poles down; they destroy them only, when they are moving and it's on their way. the new system seem to target the poles specifically instead of walking pass them if it's not in their path or actually hunt them down. not as aggressive as a radar target but 2nd .

Pi-C
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

0.17.45 + 0.18.13

embermctillhawk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by embermctillhawk »

Pi-C wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:43 am
embermctillhawk wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:19 pm
This is the first time I hear about the thorium-fuel-cell. Just grepped through all files of the mod, and data-final-fixes.lua is the only place where it's mentioned. It's definitely not a BI item, I've searched this topic and found no post beside yours mentioning "thorium", I've also looked through the posts on the mod portal and didn't find it there (though I might have missed it), and the changelog doesn't mention it either. So, I don't know why TheSAguy chose to set a pollution value for it.

I'll ask TheSAguy why he added this, but it may take some time before he logs on again. Anyway, thanks for trying to play nice with other mods and not just overwriting stuff! :-)
Did we hear anything back from them yet?

Pi-C
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

0.17.49 + 0.18.17

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Created a little Bio Mall

Bio MALL

Return to “Mods”