MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.3.1

Post by funnysunnybunny »

For some reason bio industry nitrogene and bobplates nitrogene are not compatible in my save anymore, I wonder if it's due to different order (a-b vs a-g) or different temperature (100 vs -196)
anyway trying out making it the same now

and from what I can see the weirdest thing is that the bobplates recipe 2 nitro 1/2 oxy results in -196 degree liquid and the biofarm ones are at 25 degrees (which work for the silicone nitride recipe)

after changing stuff twice i came to the conclusion that it was most likely the order because afterwards both nitrogene liquids at different temperatures started to exchange heat which they didn't before

no clue, I don't think i've ever encountered this problem before

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

funnysunnybunny wrote:For some reason bio industry nitrogene and bobplates nitrogene are not compatible in my save anymore, I wonder if it's due to different order (a-b vs a-g) or different temperature (100 vs -196)

and from what I can see the weirdest thing is that the bobplates recipe 2 nitro 1/2 oxy results in -196 degree liquid and the biofarm ones are at 25 degrees (which work for the silicone nitride recipe)

after changing stuff twice i came to the conclusion that it was most likely the order because afterwards both nitrogene liquids at different temperatures started to exchange heat which they didn't before

So they were compatible and now not?
I tested it several updates ago and I thought it worked...

Thought all liquids were at 25c now. With .13 that started to have an effect.
Did you maybe mix two recipe outputs at different temperatures.
Will look into this in a few days.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

TheSAguy wrote:
funnysunnybunny wrote:For some reason bio industry nitrogene and bobplates nitrogene are not compatible in my save anymore, I wonder if it's due to different order (a-b vs a-g) or different temperature (100 vs -196)

Exactly, it worked fine so far or I didn't encoutner that problem (which is very unlikely considering the importance of nitrogene in later processing with bobplates)

but I would think it must have been the ordering (or there is something about temperature I don't get) because after changing how the fluids get ordered (a to g vs a to b) they mixed, at least to 24.4degrees (removed most of the cold one by hand before saving and changing lines)

I only just now updated to .13.15 so that might be the reason I never experienced it before

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

funnysunnybunny wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:

Exactly, it worked fine so far or I didn't encoutner that problem (which is very unlikely considering the importance of nitrogene in later processing with bobplates)

but I would think it must have been the ordering (or there is something about temperature I don't get) because after changing how the fluids get ordered (a to g vs a to b) they mixed, at least to 24.4degrees (removed most of the cold one by hand before saving and changing lines)

I only just now updated to .13.15 so that might be the reason I never experienced it before
Hey Funnysunnybunny,

I just checked my current game and both my and Bob's Nitrogen is at 25c. And it works fine using my or his recipes.
Could you maybe send me a save and your mods with the issue?

SlopppyEngineering
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SlopppyEngineering »

Hey TheSAGuy,

It's a good mod. I borrowed heavily from it, (BioTech) although from a slightly different angle to reduce pollution in the game.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

SlopppyEngineering wrote:Hey TheSAGuy,

It's a good mod. I borrowed heavily from it, (BioTech) although from a slightly different angle to reduce pollution in the game.
Hey SlopppyEngineering,
I saw your mod. It would be polite to ask first :o . That said, I have no problem sharing my code and graphics. I've learned all my coding by looking at other mods and borrowing :D Please give credit in your mod/post to YuokiTani for any Graphics you're using.

SlopppyEngineering
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SlopppyEngineering »

TheSAguy wrote:
SlopppyEngineering wrote:Hey TheSAGuy,

Hey SlopppyEngineering,
I saw your mod. It would be polite to ask first :o . That said, I have no problem sharing my code and graphics. I've learned all my coding by looking at other mods and borrowing :D Please give credit in your mod/post to YuokiTani for any Graphics you're using.
I hope I got the credits about right for the next update. I was told to put those in the license statement in the mod.

Yeah, it was the first time making a mod. Never really bothered before with making anything but I just needed a more environmental friendly way of playing factorio. All that pollution was bothering me too much and the usual solutions seem to be to reduce it a bit or suck some pollution up later on. I wanted it tackled at the source. Probably I'm also a bit too used to just to be able to take code and icons from the usual libraries without getting involved with a community for most other projects.

Alaxandir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alaxandir »

I may be missing something obvious here, but how do I get saplings for wood production?

EDIT: Disabling bobs greenhouse mod added the seedling recipe back into the game possible bug.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Alaxandir wrote:I may be missing something obvious here, but how do I get saplings for wood production?

EDIT: Disabling bobs greenhouse mod added the seedling recipe back into the game possible bug.
Have you researched Bio Farm Tech?
Once that's done, you can find the "Seedling" in the crafting menu. Put that in the Bio-Farm to grow trees (wood). See below.
Attachments
Tree_Farm.png
Tree_Farm.png (503.51 KiB) Viewed 8794 times

DUMBHA
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.3.2

Post by DUMBHA »

No idea if this has been asked/said before. But any possibility of making a new crafting menu category for the stuff added by this mod like treefarm does? No clue how much work it would take though.
And sorry if this has been asked before and turned down or something.

gendalf
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.14.x] Bio-Industries 1.4.0

Post by gendalf »

so I've made a table and it turns out that to make 1 plastic your way it requires: 68.28 of work + 2 stone + 1.2 gas + 25 wood.
While vanila is: 0.5 of work + 0.5 of coal + 1.5 of gas.
Considering that coal is virtually unlimited with your mod (if you're using tier 2 wood processing, which requires ~6.09 of work + ~0.026 of gas + ~0.044 of stone + 0.13 of wood(in sapplings) per 0.5 of coal it becomes: ~6.59 of work + ~1.526 of gas + ~0.044 of stone + 0.13 of wood per 1 plastic) the only limiting factor is stone.
idk if it's worth making your plastic with these ratios: -61.69 of work, -1.956 of stone, +0.326 of gas, -24.87 of wood.
it should be like 0.5 of celulose per plastic to make it more or less worth it(if i'm correct with the whole table)

Fortanono
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.14.x] Bio-Industries 1.4.0

Post by Fortanono »

gendalf wrote:so I've made a table and it turns out that to make 1 plastic your way it requires: 68.28 of work + 2 stone + 1.2 gas + 25 wood.
While vanila is: 0.5 of work + 0.5 of coal + 1.5 of gas.
Considering that coal is virtually unlimited with your mod (if you're using tier 2 wood processing, which requires ~6.09 of work + ~0.026 of gas + ~0.044 of stone + 0.13 of wood(in sapplings) per 0.5 of coal it becomes: ~6.59 of work + ~1.526 of gas + ~0.044 of stone + 0.13 of wood per 1 plastic) the only limiting factor is stone.
idk if it's worth making your plastic with these ratios: -61.69 of work, -1.956 of stone, +0.326 of gas, -24.87 of wood.
it should be like 0.5 of celulose per plastic to make it more or less worth it(if i'm correct with the whole table)
One idea I had for reasonable bioplastic could potentially be: turn wood into liquid resin in a chem plant, turn resin into rubber bars in the same way, and smelt rubber bars into plastic bars.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.14.x] Bio-Industries 1.4.1

Post by TheSAguy »

V1.4.1 - Wood production time decreased by 25%. Plastics cheaper. 2 cellulose now produce 4 plastic vs. 1.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

I think I managed to stumbe upon a bug that might be somewhat related to this mod:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32205

TL;DR - this mod alters the temperature of nitrogen, factorissimo somehow converts bob's default temperature nitrogen to your version with -196C nitrogen and all assemblers stop accepting the fluid. It's still the same nitrogen, though, just with different temperature. I can mix it with +25C nitrogen the same way as with hot water.

The reason I posted here was to ask if you've ever noticed any issues with the altered temperature fluids in recipes?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

hoho wrote:I think I managed to stumbe upon a bug that might be somewhat related to this mod:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32205

TL;DR - this mod alters the temperature of nitrogen, factorissimo somehow converts bob's default temperature nitrogen to your version with -196C nitrogen and all assemblers stop accepting the fluid. It's still the same nitrogen, though, just with different temperature. I can mix it with +25C nitrogen the same way as with hot water.

The reason I posted here was to ask if you've ever noticed any issues with the altered temperature fluids in recipes?
Thanks hoho,
I thought this was fixed, but I see there is a default temp and a max temp. The default was correct at 25c, but not the max. Now updated in 1.4.2,
Thanks for your bug report on the forums also, glad to see this will be fixed in F0.14.4.

Barhandar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.14.x] Bio-Industries 1.4.3

Post by Barhandar »

Game Tweaks:
Making some Vanilla recipe's more realistic.
Stone Wall: adds Iron Sticks (Rebarb) to recipe
Concrete: Uses Iron Sticks (Rebarb) and not Iron-Ore
Rail (Vanilla and Wood): Uses Crushed Stone and not Stone
Trees Give Random 1 - 6 Raw Wood
Tree Collision box made smaller
Steel Axe requires Iron Axe
Loot Pickup Distance x2
Slightly faster running.
Burner-mining-drill and Steel-furnace disassemble recipe
Reach x2 <-- by default disabled
This is not in scope of your mod. Please reconsider this, or separate all changes to vanilla game into a different mod/off-by-default config option.

Harry
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Harry »

Moin,
I think I have found a bug 8-) . I am using Dytech in combination with Bio-Industries and have an issue when I try to produce sulfur-wood in the greenhouse. I can load the ingredients just fine and the progress bar fills up completly but I never get any sulfur wood out of it. I tried it in multi- and single player, behaves the same way.

Some raw data:
  • Factorio: ver. 0.14.3
    Bio-Industries: ver. 1.4.3
    Dytech-Core: ver. 3.0.4
    Dytech-Dynamics: ver. 3.0.2
    Dytech-Machine: ver. 3.0.4
    Dytech-Metallurgy: ver. 3.0.3
    Dytech-Power: ver. 3.0.3
    Dytech-War: ver. 3.0.3
All updated all my mods today and run a few other mods but none is interfering with the recipes.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Harry wrote:Moin,
I think I have found a bug 8-) . I am using Dytech in combination with Bio-Industries and have an issue when I try to produce sulfur-wood in the greenhouse. I can load the ingredients just fine and the progress bar fills up completly but I never get any sulfur wood out of it. I tried it in multi- and single player, behaves the same way.

Some raw data:
All updated all my mods today and run a few other mods but none is interfering with the recipes.
You're right, it's not working. Rubber is but not sulfur. Will have to look into it. Probably next week though.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

TheSAguy wrote:
Harry wrote:Moin,

Some raw data:
You're right, it's not working. Rubber is but not sulfur. Will have to look into it. Probably next week though.
Fixed in 1.4.4. It was just the stack size.
Last edited by TheSAguy on Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lap
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.14.x] Bio-Industries 1.4.4

Post by Lap »

[Erases what was likely a dytech error]
Last edited by Lap on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods”