MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.5.7

Post by TheSAguy »

Redstylt wrote:Hey !
Could be possible to use your mod as main to do a sea block pack ? (also i would like to use cargoships)
I'm not totally understanding you, if you are asking me if it's okay to add my mod to the sea block pack, then YES, go for it.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

TheSAguy wrote:
Could be possible to use your mod as main to do a sea block pack ? (also i would like to use cargoships)
I'm not totally understanding you, if you are asking me if it's okay to add my mod to the sea block pack, then YES, go for it.
No it's not exactly my question, my question it's if your mod is enough to do a sea block pack (enough receipe)
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Redstylt wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
No it's not exactly my question, my question it's if your mod is enough to do a sea block pack (enough receipe)
Something is still being lost in translation here...
I don't know what a sea block pack is? Can you explain.

Sorry.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

TheSAguy wrote:
Redstylt wrote:my question it's if your mod is enough to do a sea block pack (enough receipe)
Something is still being lost in translation here...
I don't know what a sea block pack is? Can you explain.
It must be something with [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.8, but I can't understand the question too.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

With your mod you can do a part with the principle of a sea block ?
Can we create landfill, enough resource to build a base? etc.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Redstylt wrote:With your mod you can do a part with the principle of a sea block ?
Can we create landfill, enough resource to build a base? etc.
Well, landfill is part of the base game.
My mod should work fine with SBP, but I've never played with it, so why don't you test it out.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.6.1

Post by TheSAguy »

I'd like to know if anyone has some recipe ideas if playing with Bobs and/or Angels.
Especially for Wood pulp (or Ash/Charcoal), Crushed Stone and then any of the stuff Bob/Angels adds.

Thanks.

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

What is SBP ?
And you would like to know reciepes to create pulp or charcoal from Bob's/angel for your mod ?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Redstylt wrote:What is SBP ?
And you would like to know reciepes to create pulp or charcoal from Bob's/angel for your mod ?
SBP = Sea Blocks Pack. New hot mod out there.

I'd like some integration recipes between my mod, Bob's and Angels. Especially something using Wood-pulp or Ash/Charcoal and crushed stone, since I always have a lot of those.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.6.2

Post by ZombieMooose »

Hello, I was wondering if you'd consider an update that lets you grow Food Industry crops in greenhouses.

If not I can try and make a patch for it if you'd like.

Cheers.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

ZombieMooose wrote:Hello, I was wondering if you'd consider an update that lets you grow Food Industry crops in greenhouses.

If not I can try and make a patch for it if you'd like.

Cheers.
Hey ZombieMoose,

I've not played with the MOD (yet) looks cool and will for my next play through when I have some time...
I think what can be done is if you ask that mod creator, or you can make a patch mod, is to just add a category flag to the food recipes.
if you add "biofarm-mod-greenhouse" to those recipes, they should show up in the nurseries or "biofarm-mod-farm" in the greenhouses.

Later

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

TheSAguy wrote: Hey ZombieMoose,

I've not played with the MOD (yet) looks cool and will for my next play through when I have some time...
I think what can be done is if you ask that mod creator, or you can make a patch mod, is to just add a category flag to the food recipes.
if you add "biofarm-mod-greenhouse" to those recipes, they should show up in the nurseries or "biofarm-mod-farm" in the greenhouses.

Later
Yup talked to the author and they said it was cool.

I'm playing with it, Bio Industries, and DellAquila's 30 Science packs and it's... A lot lol

I had to restart and turn off biters cause it's a bit much lol

I'd also would like to get rid of that games greenhouses to cut down on duplicate entities.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

FallenPaladin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by FallenPaladin »

I got a simple request, even though it might not be a simple solution, haha... I enjoy the idea of having of fluid resources being not infinite and being completely drain such as oil. So from that here comes my request, is there any possible way that you could change the mod to where only oil is not infinite and it doesn't effect the natural spawned water at all?
- Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

ImageImage

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

FallenPaladin wrote:I got a simple request, even though it might not be a simple solution, haha... I enjoy the idea of having of fluid resources being not infinite and being completely drain such as oil. So from that here comes my request, is there any possible way that you could change the mod to where only oil is not infinite and it doesn't effect the natural spawned water at all?
A little hard to implement in my mod, would have to be a secondary option. Why don't you try this mod from VAS. It should do what you want.

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.6.6

Post by Mella »

Hi TheSAguy
Can u add some compatibilty for py mods and for py hitech mod?
I mean fertilizer - there's original recipe for py fertilizer which can 10 items of fertilizer - can u replace ur version of fertilizer to py version when pyht is detected?
And about balance can u reduce count of fetilizer getting in to 2 times bcuz py way requires many many work to make fertilizer but in Bio Industries it mych more easier

And what do u think abot py ash and its using (may be it could be called like cinder i donno)? May be it can be used in Bio Industries too?

pyanodon - author of py mods - said that he planning to make some mode with bio processing what do u think about it?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Mella wrote:Hi TheSAguy
Can u add some compatibilty for py mods and for py hitech mod?
I mean fertilizer - there's original recipe for py fertilizer which can 10 items of fertilizer - can u replace ur version of fertilizer to py version when pyht is detected?
And about balance can u reduce count of fetilizer getting in to 2 times bcuz py way requires many many work to make fertilizer but in Bio Industries it mych more easier

And what do u think abot py ash and its using (may be it could be called like cinder i donno)? May be it can be used in Bio Industries too?

pyanodon - author of py mods - said that he planning to make some mode with bio processing what do u think about it?
Hey Mella,
I'm not currently actively playing. Just finished a long play through and am now waiting on 0.17.
I've not yet played with Py. So I don't know exactly his balancing vs. mine. I'll be happy to implement code provided or if I play again add Py to my list of mods.

Pyandon also asked to create a compatibility add-on and I gave him my blessing and offered any support / changes to my mod as needed.
So if I get code I'll add, else give me some more details on recipe tweaks and I'll add that to the list when I activity play again.

Thanks.

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Its good that u told to pyanodon
There 2 authors of pu suite - Nexela nad pyandon as i know
pyanodon is graphics designer
Nexela is writing the code so u may be u can ask him (her i donno :? :D )

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

i think nexella is a him, and bilka is a her, but not sure as the avatar shows 2 people :)
(edit i was wrong) :)
Mella wrote:Its good that u told to pyanodon
There 2 authors of pu suite - Nexela nad pyandon as i know
pyanodon is graphics designer
Nexela is writing the code so u may be u can ask him (her i donno :? :D )
Last edited by foodfactorio on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

TheSAguy wrote:I'd like to know if anyone has some recipe ideas if playing with Bobs and/or Angels.
Especially for Wood pulp (or Ash/Charcoal), Crushed Stone and then any of the stuff Bob/Angels adds.
Thanks.
hi TheSAguy,
ive been playing a lot of AngelBobYuoki, (angel mods + bobs + yuoki as base mods, including yours, and some other smaller mods ) and had an idea that could work great with DarkFrei's "ice ore" mod, which simply adds Ice Ore patches on the map, and was wondering if your bio industries mod could help to cater for those?

it just basically adds a few recipes, including stone, but this way the Ice Ore could provide much more than just melting into water.
the full page is here with more details and screenshots: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=57113#p338704 but i paste the text below for you too:

do you think you might be able to do anything like this for ice ore using your mod? if you can, it will be great :)

"
hi, i tried your mod, and found lots of ice ore patches in my game :)
(about 75 million ores) :D

i was wondering if it is only used for making water, or if there is anything else that can be done with it while in ore form?
(my map that i have in my game, already has lots of water, so was trying to see if maybe some kind of extra recipe could be added if you get some time, even just to maybe be able to heat and filter it, even to get a chance of getting some small stones? :)

that way i can use it for water, and also for making stone to use in building, and tar in pycoal mod :)

Here are some recipe ideas that could be fun to use, if possible like the ability to turn:

0) Ice Ore > water x100 (already in the game)

+ new basic recipes for your Ice Smelter:
1) Ice Ore > water x100 + 1 vanilla Stone (hopefully easy to do) it could be 99 water and 1 stone but probably easier to use with multiples of 100 water.
(this will add extra stone for any buildings or mods using stone) :)

+ new recipe chain and ideas for extra mod fun:
2) Ice Ore > water x70 + Ice Residuals x30 (new item)
3) Ice Residuals (in Ice Smelter or Assembler to sift the residuals into) > Stone Pebbles (new item) x25 + Residual Organic Matter (new item) x2
4) Residual Organic Matter x10 (in Ice Smelter, or a new Ice Furnace) > 1 Oil (vanilla)
5) Stone Pebbles x25 (in Assembler) > Stone x5 (vanilla)

Plus some specific Angel mods items (but i am not sure if angel would need to also add code to make these work, but maybe there is a way to add it in a generic way?)

4b) Residual Organic Matter x10 (in Ice Smelter, or a new Ice Furnace) > 1 Natural Gas (angels Petrochem)
(this would also provide an extra use for players with angel mods, in addition to the Ice Ore being useful as water, it would also be a very small source of gasses for the petrochem chain, but with lots of Ice Ore and some base building skills, it would all help to get more gasses :)

6) Ice Ore > Water x50 + Murky Water x30 (new item) + Stone Pebbles x20
Murky Water x30 (in Ice Smelter or Ice Furnace) > Residual Organic Matter (new item) x2 + Viscous Mud Water x28 (angels item)

i think all these could be catered for, if recipes 4b and 6 are added to the game (assuming they can be added without problems etc), and this would mean that your Ice Ore mod would allow the following things to be obtained:

Vanilla Items, like Water, Stone and Oil (allowing anything that uses stone, such as existing recipe chains and bricks, and any mod like angels or pycoal, which can turn it into tar and slag slurry with their own existing recipe chains, but also, some new items mentioned above, which can also allow for "Natural Gas" (which can be used in pretty much all of the petrochem chains), and the "Viscous Mud Water" can be simply piped back into the angels Washer chain, for all the filtering into sands, clays and mud that already exists) :D

EDIT: just adding https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerogen as a link about the Residual Organic Matter above :)
"

btw are you a guy from south africa? (SA)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

foodfactorio wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:I'd like to know if anyone has some recipe ideas if playing with Bobs and/or Angels.
Thanks.
hi TheSAguy,
ive been playing a lot of AngelBobYuoki, (angel mods + bobs + yuoki as base mods, including yours, and some other smaller mods ) and had an idea that could work great with DarkFrei's "ice ore" mod, which simply adds Ice Ore patches on the map, and was wondering if your bio industries mod could help to cater for those?

it just basically adds a few recipes, including stone, but this way the Ice Ore could provide much more than just melting into water.
the full page is here with more details and screenshots: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=57113#p338704 but i paste the text below for you too:

do you think you might be able to do anything like this for ice ore using your mod? if you can, it will be great :)

"
hi, i tried your mod, and found lots of ice ore patches in my game :)
(about 75 million ores) :D

i was wondering if it is only used for making water, or if there is anything else that can be done with it while in ore form?
(my map that i have in my game, already has lots of water, so was trying to see if maybe some kind of extra recipe could be added if you get some time, even just to maybe be able to heat and filter it, even to get a chance of getting some small stones? :)

that way i can use it for water, and also for making stone to use in building, and tar in pycoal mod :)

Here are some recipe ideas that could be fun to use, if possible like the ability to turn:

0) Ice Ore > water x100 (already in the game)

+ new basic recipes for your Ice Smelter:
1) Ice Ore > water x100 + 1 vanilla Stone (hopefully easy to do) it could be 99 water and 1 stone but probably easier to use with multiples of 100 water.
(this will add extra stone for any buildings or mods using stone) :)

+ new recipe chain and ideas for extra mod fun:
2) Ice Ore > water x70 + Ice Residuals x30 (new item)
3) Ice Residuals (in Ice Smelter or Assembler to sift the residuals into) > Stone Pebbles (new item) x25 + Residual Organic Matter (new item) x2
4) Residual Organic Matter x10 (in Ice Smelter, or a new Ice Furnace) > 1 Oil (vanilla)
5) Stone Pebbles x25 (in Assembler) > Stone x5 (vanilla)

Plus some specific Angel mods items (but i am not sure if angel would need to also add code to make these work, but maybe there is a way to add it in a generic way?)

4b) Residual Organic Matter x10 (in Ice Smelter, or a new Ice Furnace) > 1 Natural Gas (angels Petrochem)
(this would also provide an extra use for players with angel mods, in addition to the Ice Ore being useful as water, it would also be a very small source of gasses for the petrochem chain, but with lots of Ice Ore and some base building skills, it would all help to get more gasses :)

6) Ice Ore > Water x50 + Murky Water x30 (new item) + Stone Pebbles x20
Murky Water x30 (in Ice Smelter or Ice Furnace) > Residual Organic Matter (new item) x2 + Viscous Mud Water x28 (angels item)

i think all these could be catered for, if recipes 4b and 6 are added to the game (assuming they can be added without problems etc), and this would mean that your Ice Ore mod would allow the following things to be obtained:

Vanilla Items, like Water, Stone and Oil (allowing anything that uses stone, such as existing recipe chains and bricks, and any mod like angels or pycoal, which can turn it into tar and slag slurry with their own existing recipe chains, but also, some new items mentioned above, which can also allow for "Natural Gas" (which can be used in pretty much all of the petrochem chains), and the "Viscous Mud Water" can be simply piped back into the angels Washer chain, for all the filtering into sands, clays and mud that already exists) :D

EDIT: just adding https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerogen as a link about the Residual Organic Matter above :)
"
Hey FactorioFood,
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking for. What recipe's. They all appear to be tied to the IceOre mod, so will probably have to come from him.

I'm not currently actively playing/modding, waiting for 0.17 :)
foodfactorio wrote:
btw are you a guy from south africa? (SA)
Yip :) But I live in Southern California now.

Return to “Mods”