MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.13] Bio-Industries 1.0.8 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by TheSAguy »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Why does the Solar Farm need to be registered? Does it have extra functionality aside from being a compact solar panel?

Where in the code do saplings die? I planted a bunch, and only one out of 10 survived. This was in a desert biome, but I can't find it anywhere in the code that it kills, just slows down growth.
The solar farm uses the light entity to ave the image appear to switch on and off. That's all.

Saplings only have like a 5% chance to grow in deserts, but you can use fertilizer to make deserts grass. They have like 95% to grow in grass.
It's in the control.lua somewhere :)
tofuSCHNITZEL wrote:
TheSAguy wrote: You are probably going to have to do that for every recipe in the mod... You can open the recipe.lua files and copy the names.
I tried "bi-Fuel_Conversion", "bi-bioreactor", "bi-Bio_Fuel"

to use in:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.recipes["....."].enabled = true
they all give me errors...
Are you playing with Natural Evolution Buildings? Those recipes only work when you play with NE Buildings, since they use some ingredients from there.

tofuSCHNITZEL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: MOD [0.13] Bio-Industries 1.0.8 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by tofuSCHNITZEL »

TheSAguy wrote: Are you playing with Natural Evolution Buildings? Those recipes only work when you play with NE Buildings, since they use some ingredients from there.
oh sorry I thought you get the organic plastic without NE Buildings.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.0.9 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by TheSAguy »

V1.0.9 - Fixed Bio-Cannon, it was acting like a Turret. Moved Stone Crusher up in tech tree. Adjusted Concrete Recipe. Now uses Iron-Sticks and not Iron-Ore

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TheSAguy wrote:V1.0.9 - Fixed Bio-Cannon, it was acting like a Turret. Moved Stone Crusher up in tech tree. Adjusted Concrete Recipe. Now uses Iron-Sticks and not Iron-Ore
And you did something to performance. Not really sure what but after upgrade it went from almost nothing to 16 ms per frame. And I'm not really using the mod yet since I stayed with bob's greenhouses.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Why is there two levels of coal synthesis? One just has higher output and nothing else. What is the point? It's not more complex, slower, etc.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Why is there two levels of coal synthesis? One just has higher output and nothing else. What is the point? It's not more complex, slower, etc.
Correct, the higher levels provide you more output per input.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

TheSAguy wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:Why is there two levels of coal synthesis? One just has higher output and nothing else. What is the point? It's not more complex, slower, etc.
That is an answer to What. I asked Why. Why was it added? Why not just one level?
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nathan1852 »

The last update really causes performance problems! It almost halfes my FPS/UPS

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Nathan1852 wrote:The last update really causes performance problems! It almost halfes my FPS/UPS
Should be fixed in 1.1.0.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
That is an answer to What. I asked Why. Why was it added? Why not just one level?
Why not?

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

TheSAguy wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:
Why not?
Because I can't think of any other mod, nor recipe in base game which has multiple levels which are identical other than output, and it feels wrong.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.1.2 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by TheSAguy »

V1.1.2 Thanks for the re-port. Fix posted.
Thanks to rivalyncrimson for the report.

Gerdison
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gerdison »

Hello,
where is there second recipe for wood production as in the versions before V0.13?
I think the recipe for making raw wood with the output of 40 raw wood ist too low, because you have to reuse 20 wood for seedling and so the net output is only 20 raw wood.
And with all the energy the building needs, this is not profitable.
The second recipe of the earlier versions was ideal.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Gerdison wrote:Hello,
where is there second recipe for wood production as in the versions before V0.13?
I think the recipe for making raw wood with the output of 40 raw wood ist too low, because you have to reuse 20 wood for seedling and so the net output is only 20 raw wood.
And with all the energy the building needs, this is not profitable.
The second recipe of the earlier versions was ideal.
Thanks for the feedback.
The second one should be available with Fertilizer.

Without Fertilizer you are going to wait long and not get much back. This is intentional. Remember, that you are basically creating an endless resource. You can convert that wood into coal. (Bio-Fuel and Coal Cracking can also give you oil)

So to prevent this being OP you will need a lot of greenhouses...

That's my thought behind it anyways...

Gerdison
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gerdison »

The production of fertilizer is sooo complex. ;-)
I don't think the recipe with the fertilizer is really more profitable. The net output is only 45 raw wood and the cost for producing 10 fertilizer is not little.

In the versions before 0.13 there were three recipes (I think so). Only with seedlings, with seedlings and water and with seedlings, water and fertilizer.
Yes, the output was too great, I've got endless wood. But you cares?

I'm lazy, I played a little bit with the lua

GyroByte
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GyroByte »

I can't find the bio-reactor and thing related to it. I can't find the research for it neither. I added the mod when I started the map. I thought it had collision problems with other mods, so I removed everything else and I still can't find the research related to the bio-reactor, plastic production, coal processing.
I tried sandbox with all research, still no bio-reactor.
What do I do now?
Is there some console command to recheck available research or something like that?
Edit:I needed NE building installed. You should write that the mod is semi-dependent on NE buildings.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Cokery seems to have a weird hitbox.. I can walk on top of it near the bottom (head is inside recipe icon), and can't move through parts of the righthand side of it. Inserters also won't place into it from the left, or take from near the bottom, and the righthand side seems to have some invisible area that inserters can drop into. It was also weird to place cokeries to begin with, as I couldn't place it when there was an inserter or pipe next to it at certain points (top and right), yet I could place it down, then place the inserter and pipe afterwards. It's just a very wonky hitbox atm.

It might be some incompatibility with one of my other mods though.. (does testing)

EDIT: Wait, wtf, it somehow.. fixed itself. I saved while on top of the cokery, removed all but this mod to test things in a new game and saw the hitbox was fine, then I put all the mods back and checked my file again to test there, but then I couldn't actually move out of the cokery. My inserters stopped putting into and pulling from the sideways hitbox too... Weiiird. Well, whatever. I probably can't recreate the bug anymore, so.. I guess just ignore.
Wonky cokery hitbox

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Kryzeth wrote:Cokery seems to have a weird hitbox.. I can walk on top of it near the bottom (head is inside recipe icon), and can't move through parts of the righthand side of it. Inserters also won't place into it from the left, or take from near the bottom, and the righthand side seems to have some invisible area that inserters can drop into. It was also weird to place cokeries to begin with, as I couldn't place it when there was an inserter or pipe next to it at certain points (top and right), yet I could place it down, then place the inserter and pipe afterwards. It's just a very wonky hitbox atm.

It might be some incompatibility with one of my other mods though.. (does testing)

EDIT: Wait, wtf, it somehow.. fixed itself. I saved while on top of the cokery, removed all but this mod to test things in a new game and saw the hitbox was fine, then I put all the mods back and checked my file again to test there, but then I couldn't actually move out of the cokery. My inserters stopped putting into and pulling from the sideways hitbox too... Weiiird. Well, whatever. I probably can't recreate the bug anymore, so.. I guess just ignore.
Wonky cokery hitbox
I've actually experienced the same thing. I don't know what's going on with it. I've asked the question in the help forums.
Current fix is just use a long inserter :)
Thanks.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

TheSAguy wrote:
Kryzeth wrote:Cokery seems to have a weird hitbox.. I can walk on top of it near the bottom (head is inside recipe icon), and can't move through parts of the righthand side of it. Inserters also won't place into it from the left, or take from near the bottom, and the righthand side seems to have some invisible area that inserters can drop into. It was also weird to place cokeries to begin with, as I couldn't place it when there was an inserter or pipe next to it at certain points (top and right), yet I could place it down, then place the inserter and pipe afterwards. It's just a very wonky hitbox atm.

Wonky cokery hitbox
I've actually experienced the same thing. I don't know what's going on with it. I've asked the question in the help forums.
Current fix is just use a long inserter :)
Thanks.
Sounds like a problem with non square entitiy, its a pain in the ass really.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12.x | 0.13.x] Bio-Industries 1.2.0 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by TheSAguy »

V1.2.0 - New Game tweaks added.

Game Tweaks:
Making some Vanilla recipe's more realistic.
Stone Wall: adds Iron Sticks (Rebarb) to recipe
Concrete: Uses Iron Sticks (Rebarb) and not Iron-Ore
Rail (Vanilla and Wood): Uses Crushed Stone and not Stone
Trees Give Random 1 - 6 Raw Wood
Tree Collision box made smaller
Steel Axe requires Iron Axe

Return to “Mods”